Someone Blow My Mind Vol. Illuminati, 2012, Aliens, Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have at it boss. Went to a new church the other day and the pastor was going in on society and how it has totally taken away from the true meaning of the holy days. Im insterested in where this topic is going. Havent done my research yet but will get on it soon.

Jesus was a mushroom and Christmas was a ritual in Siberia for the winter solstice where they would partake in the consumption of mushrooms. So I'm sure that pastor had no idea what even he was talking about lol otherwise he wouldn't be a pastor I'm sure of it.

I'm going to post a few things later today to back my previous statements.

Have at it boss. Went to a new church the other day and the pastor was going in on society and how it has totally taken away from the true meaning of the holy days. Im insterested in where this topic is going. Havent done my research yet but will get on it soon.

Jesus was a mushroom and Christmas was a ritual in Siberia for the winter solstice where they would partake in the consumption of mushrooms. So I'm sure that pastor had no idea what even he was talking about lol otherwise he wouldn't be a pastor I'm sure of it.

I'm going to post a few things later today to back my previous statements.

Read Food Of The Gods if you haven't.

My favorite book, I've read it twice this month.

I was always under the impression that Christmas was just the new version of Saturnalia, the Roman holiday where common people feast and act as kings and exchange gifts to celebrate the winter solstice.

I know for a fact that's why they wear those paper crowns on Christmas in England.

So I've been seeing this Abraham Lincoln/JFK similarity thing and it was certainly mind blowing.

but then I heard that all of it isn't true..

do y'all know what I'm talking about?

I've got a vague idea. I remember hearing about that a while back but not the particulars at this moment. I've been burning the past hour. Care to go into detail?

Sleazy I just ordered that book.

Been meaning to implement some of the elements discussed in this thread in a story or something longer and that McKenna book will def help. Seems like it's what I've needed to better articulate how I want to approach these topics.

Last edited:
sometimes after lighting one up, I look up at the sky at night and just think "damn, that really does go on forever…no ending, no beginning.." 
laugh.gif

We can't comprehend how big the universe is, and so I think some people get scared thinking about it. They convince themselves that it has to make sense, otherwise it's not fact.. When in reality, science cannot even explain a thought .

Last edited:
Can a person with no language think?  How would they process their thoughts? 

Last edited:
I've got a vague idea. I remember hearing about that a while back but not the particulars at this moment. I've been burning the past hour. Care to go into detail?

Sleazy I just ordered that book.

Been meaning to implement some of the elements discussed in this thread in a story or something longer and that McKenna book will def help. Seems like it's what I've needed to better articulate how I want to approach these topics.

good move. Terence was a great man with great ideas.

I know I posted this in here before but I'm gonna post it up again.

http://www.jackherer.com/about-2/mushroomsreligion/

here's another, it's a link to the book that inspired Jack.

http://ahcult.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/the-sacred-mushroom-and-the-cross-john-allegro.pdf

and here is a nice selection of Terence's work from deoxy. deoxy is a great site, I found it one day looking for some stuff on the deep.

http://deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

I hope many of you check these links out, or at least watch the video. please explore from that video and watch some of Terence's talks on YouTube. you'll be doing yourself a favor.

Read Food Of The Gods if you haven't.

My favorite book, I've read it twice this month.
One of the first books I've read.

Most definitely more logical than the make believe boogy man in the sky.

And to the ones speaking of the roman winter solstice ritual you have to remember they stole all their religious ****, just changed the names. The shaman ritual in Siberia is older.

I'm loving where this thread is headed. The doom and gloom conspiracy fear talk is fun every now and then, but definitely a negative distraction off the more simpler path. The oneness is reallllllllllllllllllll

"CULTURE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND". One of the greatest lectures ever.

The idea of a "president" or "king" is beyond idiotic, the idea that they are actually of power like it's portrayed is idiotic, however, you gotta laugh at the garbage they shuffle around every 4 years when their are men like this one in this world. Wonder where we'd be if were all real and men like this could be elected.

Long Before Trees Overtook the Land, Earth Was Covered by Giant Mushrooms

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/sma...he-land-earth-was-covered-by-giant-mushrooms/

Digging up a Prototaxites fossil. Photo: University of Chicago

Prototaxites
The genus Prototaxites describes terrestrial organisms known only from fossils dating from the Silurian and Devonian, approximately 420 to 370 million years ago. Wikipedia

From around 420 to 350 million years ago, when land plants were still the relatively new kids on the evolutionary block and “the tallest trees stood just a few feet high,” giant spires of life poked from the Earth. “The ancient organism boasted trunks up to 24 feet (8 meters) high and as wide as three feet (one meter),” said National Geographic in 2007. With the help of a fossil dug up in Saudi Arabia scientists finally figured out what the giant creature was: a fungus. (We think.)

The towering fungus spires would have stood out against a landscape scarce of such giants, said New Scientist in 2007.

“A 6-metre fungus would be odd enough in the modern world, but at least we are used to trees quite a bit bigger,” says Boyce. “Plants at that time were a few feet tall, invertebrate animals were small, and there were no terrestrial vertebrates. This fossil would have been all the more striking in such a diminutive landscape.”

Fossils of the organisms, known as Prototaxites, had peppered the paleontological findings of the past century and a half, ever since they were first discovered by a Canadian in 1859. But despite the fossil records, no one could figure out what the heck these giant spires were. The University of Chicago:

For the next 130 years, debate raged. Some scientists called Prototaxites a lichen, others a fungus, and still others clung to the notion that it was some kind of tree. “The problem is that when you look up close at the anatomy, it’s evocative of a lot of different things, but it’s diagnostic of nothing,” says Boyce, an associate professor in geophysical sciences and the Committee on Evolutionary Biology. “And it’s so damn big that when whenever someone says it’ssomething, everyone else’s hackles get up: ‘How could you have a lichen 20 feet tall?’”

That all changed in 2007 when a study came out that concluded the spires were a fungus, like a gigantic early mushroom.

But not everyone was sold on the idea that Prototaxites was an early fungus. No one’s questioning the spires’ existence—people just have trouble trying to imagine that such a huge structure could be a fungus. Researchers trying to refute the fungus idea thought that Prototaxites spires were gigantic mats of liverworts that had somehow rolled up. But in a follow-up study, the scientists who had proposed the fungus idea doubled down on their claim. So science is messy, and despite more than a century of digging, we still don’t really know, for sure, what these huge spires that dominated the ancient Earth really were.

But even though the spire-like mushrooms of yore—or whatever they were—are long gone, don’t feel too bad for funguskind. The largest organism on Earth, says ABC, is still a huge fungal mat, a single organism spread over 2,200 acres of forest in eastern Oregon.

Why are mushrooms more like humans than they are like plants?

k-bigpic.jpg

You may have heard, from the internet or from someone making idle conversation at a cocktail party, that mushrooms are more like humans than they are like plants. What does that even mean? We'll work it out for you.

Occasionally, when people assert scientific facts in everyday life, I get annoyed. A prime example is when people talk about how strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries aren't really berries, since berries have their seeds on the inside and strawberries line themselves with their seeds. As far as I'm concerned, the word "strawberry" comes down from Old English a thousand years ago, and was pronounced "berry" by the 1400s, while the Linnaean System of classification has only been around since the seventeen hundreds. If there's a etymological problem, it's up to Linnaeans to figure out a berry definition that includes the most commonly-known berries, or if the don't, to come up with a new word entirely. If they don't care to, at least they can keep their technicalities away from my brain, instead of deciding that they get to re-classify all berries.

I got the same impression when I started hearing that mushrooms were closer to humans than they were to plants. Obviously, behaviorally, they aren't. They don't move. They don't reproduce sexually. They don't squeak when you poke them. This is why they, up until recently, were pushed over to the plant side of most compendia of living things. However, unlike the Linnaeus-Come-Latelies, there are actual genetic and biological reasons for us to suddenly look at mushrooms as our somewhat close relatives.

There are genetic and biological reasons for us to be more closely related to nearly everything than we previously thought. It was originally thought that land-based life forms came from the many different types of algae floating around the sea. Now it looks like first life hopped to fresh water and the original land-based life came from only one type of algae in that fresh water. This means that we're more closely related to anything on land than water-based algae - even the stuff that's evolved symbiotically with us and is swimming around our guts right now.

That's significant because originally people thought that fungi came from the supposed multitude of algae ancestors. Somehow, fungi evolved from one of the many algae that hopped onto land - specifically a type of algae that lost its chlorophyll. So it was one of the many things that slimed its way on shore, something totally separate from the slimy thing that eventually became humans. The first thing that pushed us together with the toppings on our so-called vegetarian pizzas was that one algal common ancestor.

But how do we know that that commmon ancestor budded out plants and fungi so far apart that the fungi are closer to us than to plants? We take a look at genetic similarity, and how that kicks over into physiology. There was a marked lack of chlorophyll in the near history of both animals and fungi. We both took a step away from photosynthesis before we started becoming what we are. Fungal cell walls are made of chitin, the same thing that makes up insect's outer carapaces, but is found nowhere in the plant world. Fungal proteins look more like animal than plant proteins. And then there are sterols - important alcohol groups that play a part in everything from biological messenger systems to cell walls. For a long time, these were considered the Achilles Heel of the fungi-animal connection, because while animals have cholesterol, fungi have ergesterol. How could they be alike if they differ in such a fundamental way? Then it was discovered that both animals and fungi contained a component called lanosterol, while plants had nothing like it. The weakest link turned out to be the strongest argument.

Obviously, no one's committing cannibalism when they eat a mushroom risotto. (Unless human meat is also in the risotto, but that's beyond the scope of this article.) Still, it's clear that whatever the common ancestor between humans and mushrooms was, it was closer to us than it was to plants. The flavor we're savoring in that risotto has more in common with us than it does with the rice. Maybe that's why we like it so much.
http://io9.com/5940434/why-are-mushrooms-more-like-humans-than-they-are-like-plants

Last edited:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode.cfm?id=mushrooms-create-their-own-breeze-13-11-25

I'm loving where this thread is headed. The doom and gloom conspiracy fear talk is fun every now and then, but definitely a negative distraction off the more simpler path. The oneness is reallllllllllllllllllll

I really try to avoid that kinda talk. figured it's really pointless to stress. it's wonderful to be aware but you have to know when to not let certain things get to you.

the oneness is definitely real. I'll be happy when more of my brothers and sisters understand and we can finally make the progress that we need to as a people.

Last edited:
So you're telling me Humans were mushrooms? 

fungus is a part of us. pneumocystis can't even survive without us at this point. something about inability to produce certain compounds because it's become so dependent on our bodies.

there are literally hundreds of species of fungi living inside of us right now, good and bad.

Ive always had this gut feeling that pastors either dont know the truth or they do and work against us. I go to church with negative thoughts like this and feel that I am wrong for doing so. The messages are sometimes great then others I cant agree with yet the congregation never seems to challenge what they are being fed. I want to some day sit down one on one with a pastor and really get down to the grit of things and pick their brain. Until then Ill continue to educate myself more.

All this shroom talk is new stuff to me. Thanks for the posts guys. Gonna check it all out throughout the night. I just downloaded the Food of the Gods ebook, looking forward to reading it as well. On first thought when reading some of the posts though I couldn't help but think about Alice in Wonderland. Giant Mushrooms just took me there for some reason.

My friend who just enlisted and went through all the newbie stuff. Currently a Marine, came back for holidays. Somethings have changed. Very strongly believe that there are brainwashing activities within television/games. Came back with a very very "republiacn" way of life and a "how to survive/kill" mentality. 

Ive always had this gut feeling that pastors either dont know the truth or they do and work against us. I go to church with negative thoughts like this and feel that I am wrong for doing so. The messages are sometimes great then others I cant agree with yet the congregation never seems to challenge what they are being fed. I want to some day sit down one on one with a pastor and really get down to the grit of things and pick their brain. Until then Ill continue to educate myself more.

All this shroom talk is new stuff to me. Thanks for the posts guys. Gonna check it all out throughout the night. I just downloaded the Food of the Gods ebook, looking forward to reading it as well. On first thought when reading some of the posts though I couldn't help but think about Alice in Wonderland. Giant Mushrooms just took me there for some reason.

remember when she ate the mushroom and grew? she wanted to eat the mushrooms to grow back to her regular size (become herself again).

the annotated AIW implies that the mushroom she ate was Amanita fulva, which is the same as the red one Wr posted up above. very similar to these

sticker,375x360.u2.png

and they have the same effect (make you grow) :nerd: testament to the intense distortion of your perception, even of yourself and your own body.

Last edited:
remember when she ate the mushroom and grew? she wanted to eat the mushrooms to grow back to her regular size (become herself again).

the annotated AIW implies that the mushroom she ate was Amanita fulva, which is the same as the red one Wr posted up above. very similar to these

sticker,375x360.u2.png

and they have the same effect (make you grow) :nerd: testament to the intense distortion of your perception, even of yourself and your own body.

In the latest movie with J. Depp she drank some potion I think at the beginning when she fell down the hole. I need to watch again for a more accurate analysis. But many movies and games such as AIW and SMBros incorporate "secrets" that I always thought were just some ideas from a bunch of screen writers with wild imaginations. Not so much now since I have opened my mind to actuality and the possibility of everything. Just goes to show how suppressed my mind was where I simply accepted what I saw vs questioning any depth or correlation behind it all. Everything I see hear or read now is treated initially as questionable until further investigated and proven valid by other, well...initially questionable readings :lol:

My friend who just enlisted and went through all the newbie stuff. Currently a Marine, came back for holidays. Somethings have changed. Very strongly believe that there are brainwashing activities within television/games. Came back with a very very "republiacn" way of life and a "how to survive/kill" mentality. 
that kind of outlook might be necessary for their working conditions.

i worked with a dude that enlisted at 18 back in 98 and fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. Really nice dude but he was a bit loopy. He loved working hard but he was quick to give up if you got on him with any sort of anger or attitude. Fun guy though his legit personality came out really well with us which was surprising since his boy who we later hired said he normally kept to himself and his room playing video games on his down time. He'd go to bars at night like a normal dude in his mid 30s but he wouldn't interact much with the people he lived with. Has a daughter and ex wife in the phillipines as well. Dude said she was too crazy so he had to split. I used that Filipino chicks are crazy line with this Filipino chick with a nice chest I met in Vegas that I smashed. That's neither here nor there though.

Last edited:
One day Wiz. We kinda have the same goal to eventually live off our own land. I feel like that's one's true divine right. To be able to live freely on a piece of earth without any worries or concerns.

Piggybacking off that mushroom convo that went on earlier, I was watching my cousins play Super Mario Bros before and it never dawned on me till now that the mushroom in that game makes you bigger and stronger after ingesting it. Kinda doubt it's a coincidence that a mushroom is the item that fortifies the characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom