Someone explain to me why money is so powerful

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Originally Posted by cguy610

People that say "mo money mo problems" and aren't singing a rap song are full of crap.

what do you mean more money more problems are true you have people coming to you asking for money you have to worry about how to use it how not to waste it now you will be recieving alot of hate from alot of people lets say you buy a house you have to balance mortgage and if you buy a car thats car note and ins theres alot of thing that money brings honestly I dont want to name them all nut thats pretty much some of it

If you have enough money, you don't have to have a mortgage or car note.  So the biggest problem you named is being able to help people with your money?

Yea, how many professional athletes/entertainers have said they wanted to quit because they are making too much money and it's too many problems.  Biggie and Puffy talking that "Mo Money/ Mo Problems" and still putting out music and going on tours.  Just quit the business if it's more problems.  I never heard of anybody hitting the lottery and saying they don't want the money. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

People that say "mo money mo problems" and aren't singing a rap song are full of crap.

what do you mean more money more problems are true you have people coming to you asking for money you have to worry about how to use it how not to waste it now you will be recieving alot of hate from alot of people lets say you buy a house you have to balance mortgage and if you buy a car thats car note and ins theres alot of thing that money brings honestly I dont want to name them all nut thats pretty much some of it

If you have enough money, you don't have to have a mortgage or car note.  So the biggest problem you named is being able to help people with your money?

Yea, how many professional athletes/entertainers have said they wanted to quit because they are making too much money and it's too many problems.  Biggie and Puffy talking that "Mo Money/ Mo Problems" and still putting out music and going on tours.  Just quit the business if it's more problems.  I never heard of anybody hitting the lottery and saying they don't want the money. 

Originally Posted by th0ugh

Homework help?
3153689e6e4a9516cd7662177e469f30bb3c0422_r.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cguy610 wrote:

cguy610 wrote:

Watch the lottery curse it comes on the E channel or VH1 or something like that its like a documentary of people who won the lottery and how their life got &^%$ up not saying that is whats going to happen but watch it to see the problems that they have and FYI some of the richest people are the unhappiest

cguy610 wrote:

cguy610 wrote:

Watch the lottery curse it comes on the E channel or VH1 or something like that its like a documentary of people who won the lottery and how their life got &^%$ up not saying that is whats going to happen but watch it to see the problems that they have and FYI some of the richest people are the unhappiest

It's all materialistic, nothing more than that..
People naturally want the finer things in life, and you need money to get that.

It's all materialistic, nothing more than that..
People naturally want the finer things in life, and you need money to get that.

cguy610 wrote:

I'll leave it at this.  If you ever hit the lottery or make it big, you can give me the money and I'll deal with the problems. 

cguy610 wrote:

I'll leave it at this.  If you ever hit the lottery or make it big, you can give me the money and I'll deal with the problems. 

we value money so much because we as americans place value in name brands and fancy things. people aren't impressed that you're a doctor, we're impressed because you get that doctor salary.

Spoiler [+]
cash rules everything around me

we value money so much because we as americans place value in name brands and fancy things. people aren't impressed that you're a doctor, we're impressed because you get that doctor salary.

Spoiler [+]
cash rules everything around me

If it wasn't money, it would be chickens, or cowri shells, or whatever.

It's not the money itself, but the exchange value and access it provides.

Sure, the paper comes and goes with the times, but the concept of "money" has been here forever and always will be.

If it wasn't money, it would be chickens, or cowri shells, or whatever.

It's not the money itself, but the exchange value and access it provides.

Sure, the paper comes and goes with the times, but the concept of "money" has been here forever and always will be.

Its simple...if you have money you can do whatever the hell you want in this world. You have the power to go anywhere do anything have anything you want. Wealthy people control the majority of the population, they own things and everyone else pays them, works for them or whatever.

Its simple...if you have money you can do whatever the hell you want in this world. You have the power to go anywhere do anything have anything you want. Wealthy people control the majority of the population, they own things and everyone else pays them, works for them or whatever.

A lot of you guys are giving answers that OP probably already knows. I think his real question(s) is/are: why not something else? Currency is only pieces of paper and little metal coins. Why place so much value in it? Why not something else, something essential to life, like services?

Examples:

- Food is essential for life, so a doctor should treat a patient for food.

- Clothing is also essential. So services should be paid in clothing.

- Housing is a necessity.

You guys get where I'm going with this.

A lot of you guys are giving answers that OP probably already knows. I think his real question(s) is/are: why not something else? Currency is only pieces of paper and little metal coins. Why place so much value in it? Why not something else, something essential to life, like services?

Examples:

- Food is essential for life, so a doctor should treat a patient for food.

- Clothing is also essential. So services should be paid in clothing.

- Housing is a necessity.

You guys get where I'm going with this.

Back
Top Bottom