someone school me: all white original AJ1s? (picture inside)

i was browsing NBA.com for MJ pics and came accross this one. notice the jersey and sneakers: this is from MJ's rookie year. his shoes look like AJ1s, butin a white on white colorway. notice the "Nike Air" on the tongue, so these are not big nikes or dunks. i have never seen a colorway like this beforeon OG ones. more info/pics anyone?

10.jpg

never knew these existed either but someone about a month ago posted a picture of a magazine advertisment with those exact 1's also confused.

Those can't be J's (not that the term existed then) because I remember when the shoes came out he was being fined because they violated the mostlywhite rule of the BMA at the time. Then again, maybe this is a pair they made to avoid the fine? hmmm...

They couldnt have made a pair to avoid the fine? That would defeat the purpose of him wearing them. Could be just some Nikes.

look at the ankles. they have the AJ1/Big Nike leather strips. they obviously are not Big Nikes. Not saying they can't be another Nike sneaker, but ifthere's an all white AJ1, i'd like to see if anyone has some info about it.

props to OP for making a decent thread.
hard to find in the JB forum these days

if solesupreme were around I'm sure he'd chime in

I'm loking at it... air force 1's high without the straps?

maybe?
or the nike chicago?

Nice find OP. They could be AJ1's, but from the pic I can't really tell. Maybe just as mysterious as the OG black/gold AJ1's.

to all the people saying terminators and vandals: they obviously say nike air, meaning they have to be a show with an air sole, so vandals, terminators, dunks,etc. are not possible.
Originally Posted by MECKS

if solesupreme were around I'm sure he'd chime in
does solesupreme still post? i ain't seen him for a while. he would surely know about these.

they're not air jordans, because they came out later.. in his rookie year the shoes that he wore were the Nike Air Ship, cant find a picture... but i knowit were those... there is a picture of them in the 1st slam kicks magazine...

The Nike Airship was originally released in 1984. Michael Jordan actually wore these during his first few games as a rookie until November of that year, where he debuted his signature shoes.

Back
Top Bottom