Something about R.A, Dickey and Albert Pujols you probably didn't know

Last edited:
One is over rated/hyped the other is over value/paid.

I think everyone knows that!

Watching the R.A. Dickey one right now. Religion aside, the more I learn about him the more I come to respect him.

Wish he was still a Met, even if he'd never repeat that same Cy Young season. Got so much love for dude.

As a Mariners fan im already positive i know about the R.A. dickey story.
Very hard to listen too, you guys should check out his book

Don't be lazy and watch the videos. You can't make cliffs on these.
It's not about being lazy. It's about the value of time. The 8 seconds it takes to type this is worth it, the 20+ minutes it would take to watch the videos might not be. 

It's not about being lazy. It's about the value of time. The 8 seconds it takes to type this is worth it, the 20+ minutes it would take to watch the videos might not be. 
The fact that you're on this site in the first place means you have nothing but time. Watch the videos.

The fact that you're on this site in the first place means you have nothing but time. Watch the videos.
laugh.gif
 I'm good and no, it really doesn't. If I have an hour to chill and **** around on the internet, I'd rather check out other threads or other sites or tell you not be a pompous *** next time someone ask you for a little info on a 15 min video. 

Last edited:

:lol:  I'm good and no, it really doesn't. If I have an hour to chill and **** around on the internet, I'd rather check out other threads or other sites or tell you not be a pompous *** next time someone ask you for a little info on a 15 min video. 

why don't you just look at the video description then. take 4 seconds. since you value time so much

RA Dickey

R.A. Dickey debuted his knuckleball by breaking one of baseball's worst pitching records, giving up an unbelievable six homeruns in one game. Sent to the minors and faced with the failure of his pitching dream, Dickey decided to end his life. He duct taped a hose to his car's exhaust pipe, connected it to the driver's side window, and placed his hand on the ignition. It was about more than his dream failing. It was about the babysitter who molested him as a child, about the man who raped him, his need for cleansing and purpose in life. He had hoped baseball would give him meaning and a way to escape the pain of his past, but all that seemed impossible now. He couldn't see how R.A. Dickey would one day find healing and redemption and success beyond his wildest dreams.

Pujols

Albert Pujols grew up watching his father play softball in the Dominican Republic. He would sit next to him on the team bus travelling from town to town pitching for the local team. But never did Albert dream that, one day, he would find himself rising to become one of Major League Baseball's greatest players. Drafted 402nd in the thirteenth round by the St. Louis Cardinals, he doubted whether baseball would even be in his future. People said he wouldn't make it, that he would end his career in the minors. But after only a year in the farm leagues, Albert embarked on a storied career with the St. Louis Cardinals. The nine time MLB All-Star became the only player in history to produce 30 homeruns and 100 RBI's each year for the first ten years of his career and was elected Player of the Year three times. Along the way, he discovered something much more important than winning 2 Gold Glove Awards or the Player of the Decade Award by Sports Illustrated. Albert found the answer to the question he now asks everyone he meets at first base: What is the most important thing in life?

Back
Top Bottom