Something new to look for when legit checking TS AJ1s

I got my shoes from stockx yesterday and I’m 100% certain they’re fake.

#1 strong chemical smell and other flaws BUT

#2. Insole adhesive is randomly applied by hand. Genuine insoles have glue sprayed on by machine in stripes as shown in my pine green photo. My TS has hand applied adhesive. See pic

This is something I don’t see mentioned and when you guys LC insoles you don’t post pics of the underside so this tell must be flying under the radar.

Now you know FML! If you guys could please do me a favor and post pics of the bottom of insoles from your genuine TS it would help a lot because I’m dealing with stockx now about getting these returned. Of course they claim they’ve legit checked and they’re real.

B26822AD-AD4D-4EF0-A2DC-96122B510F32.jpeg

477C6825-5142-486D-8111-0278AB4154E8.jpeg

I got my shoes from stockx yesterday and I’m 100% certain they’re fake.

#1 strong chemical smell and other flaws BUT

#2. Insole adhesive is randomly applied by hand. Genuine insoles have glue sprayed on by machine in stripes as shown in my pine green photo. My TS has hand applied adhesive. See pic

This is something I don’t see mentioned and when you guys LC insoles you don’t post pics of the underside so this tell must be flying under the radar.

Now you know FML! If you guys could please do me a favor and post pics of the bottom of insoles from your genuine TS it would help a lot because I’m dealing with stockx now about getting these returned. Of course they claim they’ve legit checked and they’re real.

B26822AD-AD4D-4EF0-A2DC-96122B510F32.jpeg

477C6825-5142-486D-8111-0278AB4154E8.jpeg
The underside or bottom of the insole is something I typically will ask to see pics of because I'm looking for that horizontal glue pattern to be present in order to get a better idea of whether they real or fake. There are a few members here that are aware that this is the pattern that should be there as part of a legit insole from Nike.

Check out some of my replies on legit checks on TS J 1's and you will definitely see that I specifically mention the glue pattern provided it's showing and if it's not I do make sure to mention what it should look like.

I’m new here just looked at posted LC pics and saw the top of insoles posted but not the bottoms. Any chance people with legit TS could post pics of genuine insole adhesive? I need as much ammo as possible to deal with stockx.

Here's my opinion on this matter.
It seems these days people are having a hard time differentiating a "flaw" and a "tell".
Flaws- are normal manufacturing inconsistencies whether it be excess glue, sloppy paint, off placement of a logo, inconsistencies coming from different factories ie different stitching color under insoles Etc. Etc.

Now a TELL- Is a different manufacturing process or materials used etc. This issue is NOT a flaw bc it can be found on masses of fakes. For instance wrong fonts, wrong logos, comparable materials to authentic pairs but not the same. Like the greenish fake TS1s.
A flaw is not a tell for fake merchandise.

Personally I could not fail a pair of kicks solely based on a glue pattern under an insole. I've been doing this A LONG time, I've literally bought pairs retail came home and 1 insoles is glued down the other was not. (This did not make the shoes fake) this was simply a manufacturing hiccup.

You stated you were 100% certain that the shoes are fakes. Care to explain more beyond glue marks? What else has you concerned? What other tells are at play here that constantly show up on the fake TS1 Batches out there? Like do we know for certain the fake batches hand glue their insoles?
I personally don't think you have found the smoking gun here. I'd put my money on simply manufacturing inconsistencies if all we have here are no glue marks and they are the correct insoles.

For instance what if during this particular run the glue machine breaks down or simply needed a refill. They are not going to stop the presses so to speak for something this miniscule. They are gonna say "hey you, get a brush and apply this glue until we get this machine back up". Hell 60 pairs could have been paint brushed in this timeframe for all we know.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there will ALWAYS be tells on fakes, just like there are always flaws on legit pairs. Knowing the difference between the 2 is the foundation for an accurate LC.

Last edited:
I would agree that this is a manufacturing inconsistency.
You said you saw "other flaws" but you only mentioned the smell, which is subjective. If a worker did in fact have to apply it by hand then the glue they could have used may have been different then the glue that the machine uses, therefore giving a different scent to the sneaker.
There have been a lot of allegations that StockX has been sending people fake TS 1's, but I haven't seen any proof to any of these claims. I have seen a lot of shoes from StockX and they have all been fine. If those are your only two main concerns then I believe that your pair is most likely authentic.

Back
Top Bottom