Songs With Great Guitar Solos?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by rock55asu

You do know there is an older version of Bold as Love by a better guitarist than John Mayer.
I do.  But Mayer's solo on BAL is great, as the title states..
Jimi had a rather nice solo as well.  I was just making sure you knew about the Hendirx version.  People kill me talking about songs and not knowing where they originated.  

You do know there is an older version of Bold as Love by a better guitarist than John Mayer.
Jimi had a rather nice solo as well.  I was just making sure you knew about the Hendirx version.  People kill me talking about songs and not knowing where they originated.  

Pretty much any Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Jimi Hendrix, Allman Brothers Band, or Stevie Ray Vaughan. You really can't go wrong with any of their songs.
Also check out Parliament - Maggot Brain (my sleeper pick, Eddie Hazel is ridiculous) & Black Sabbath - N.I.B. (Geezer Butler bass solo and the reason I am trying to learn bass)

Pretty much any Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Jimi Hendrix, Allman Brothers Band, or Stevie Ray Vaughan. You really can't go wrong with any of their songs.
Also check out Parliament - Maggot Brain (my sleeper pick, Eddie Hazel is ridiculous) & Black Sabbath - N.I.B. (Geezer Butler bass solo and the reason I am trying to learn bass)

Understood

Understood

FWIW, Covered in Rain is one of my favorite Mayer songs. I wonder how a studio version would be? Probably not as good as the live, but still.

FWIW, Covered in Rain is one of my favorite Mayer songs. I wonder how a studio version would be? Probably not as good as the live, but still.

pimp.gif
. Muhammed Suicmez>>>your favorite guitarist. Basically anything in technical death metal guarantees extreme technical complexity and instrumental virtuosity. 

pimp.gif
. Muhammed Suicmez>>>your favorite guitarist. Basically anything in technical death metal guarantees extreme technical complexity and instrumental virtuosity. 

Back
Top Bottom