Songs without Chorus/Hooks?

Today was my first class of this Music Survey of Hip-Hop class and the professor was explaining song structure to those that didn't know about 4 or 8 barhooks and 16 bar verses and how that was the norm and gave a few examples of when thats not the case. And I mentioned there are songs without hooks at and asan example I mentioned there is song on Prodigy's HNIC and the prof knew what song I was referring too but neither me nor the prof could think of the nameof the song or any others but the prof was glad I pointed that out and I was wondering if anyone knows what song I'm referring to and/or knows any othersongs w/out hooks...

Jay-Z - Meet the Parents
Jay-Z - Ballad for the Fallen Soldier
A lot of Canibus' !@*#.
A lot of Brother Ali's !@*#.
A lot of MF DOOM's !@*#.
Madvillainy.
A majority of the song's off of Nas' Lost Tapes compilation.
Sage Francis does a lot of chorusless !@*#.

It's out there.

SunNY - Soul of a Hustler

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wayne, BM Jr. As much as I dislike wayne now, this song is nice. Jay-Z also has a lot of songs with no hook.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

... I mentioned there is song on Prodigy's HNIC and the prof knew what song I was referring too but neither me nor the prof could think of the name of the song or any others but the prof was glad I pointed that out and I was wondering if anyone knows what song I'm referring to and/or knows any other songs w/out hooks...
Prodigy - "Keep It Thoro"

Back
Top Bottom