soo the SAT scores were posted today...

mexrfw

Banned
and i got a 1860... what does this mean?? is this a good score? just asking because i have no idea where i stand right now? lol someone give me a comparision,like a letter grade or something

thanks!

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

o yea this the new system. what is it now 2400?

yeah from a 1600 i would have gotten a 1300 the essay part is another 800
mad.gif

Originally Posted by MEXRFW

and i got a 1860... what does this mean?? is this a good score? just asking because i have no idea where i stand right now? lol someone give me a comparision, like a letter grade or something

thanks!
Assuming you fell within the 0-25 range in writing I'd say you're way up there in Math and Reading Comprehension.

mad.gif
the essay is not worth 800 points.
math=800
critical reading=800
writing(including essay)=800

Now that the colleges are using the new ones you should aim higher the next time around. Gotta call my brother to see what he got.

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

mad.gif
the essay is not worth 800 points.
math=800
critical reading=800
writing(including essay)=800
Ohh. alright i get it, but im still guessing the essay part ruined my score, im not much of a writer especially with a time limit
ohwell.gif

There is sort of another thread on this. I like my score, I'll post it here too. I got 800 on critical reading, 650 math (weak, but what I expected), and750 on writing. 2200 overall.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

There is sort of another thread on this. I like my score, I'll post it here too. I got 800 on critical reading, 650 math (weak, but what I expected), and 750 on writing. 2200 overall.

eek.gif
god damn u take one of those sat classes or something?

There is sort of another thread on this. I like my score, I'll post it here too. I got 800 on critical reading, 650 math (weak, but what I expected), and 750 on writing. 2200 overall.

eek.gif
god damn u take one of those sat classes or something?

No, the only prep I did was to take a math practice test about 2 weeks before. I took the PSAT 3 times too through school, and always did well on that too. Ijust do well on these types of tests.

1300 is a pretty good score.
I'm not sure on how many colleges are looking at the writing part, but you didn't do bad. Many of the colleges that require a new score, are asking for1800.

WOW, step your math up!!!! I always cheer for the person with the highest SAT score, you are on your way to somewhere special

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

WOW, step your math up!!!! I always cheer for the person with the highest SAT score, you are on your way to somewhere special
geez. thanks
embarassed.gif
lol im messing but thanks for all thereplies guys, so im guessing i did GOOD but not GREAT as mr. yes up there ^
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

1300 is a pretty good score.
I'm not sure on how many colleges are looking at the writing part, but you didn't do bad. Many of the colleges that require a new score, are asking for 1800.

They use it now. They've had three years to compare results and now they know how to select students accordingly. SATs are stupid anyway.

I got a 1710 on my 3rd time taking it. I was aiming for a 1700 so I'm happy, even though I still think I should have done better.

interesting fact.
a perfect score on the SAT may not actually be a perfect score.
a perfect score is only the highest score achieved on that testing date
so say on 10/27 the test is administered & the highest score is a 2300.
that means that a 2300 becomes a 2400 & everybody elses scored gets bumped up 100 points.

just an interesting fact i thought i'd share

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

interesting fact.
a perfect score on the SAT may not actually be a perfect score.
a perfect score is only the highest score achieved on that testing date
so say on 10/27 the test is administered & the highest score is a 2300.
that means that a 2300 becomes a 2400 & everybody elses scored gets bumped up 100 points.

just an interesting fact i thought i'd share
so its cruved?

Back
Top Bottom