Sooo... I just listened to Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life for the first time

It's seems, I'm like Keenan.......picking up on the Vibe!! :pimp: :pimp:

Him and Jay on that Coming of Age: Da Sequel though!
Look at that fake smile he gave me, its breaking my heart/
Should I school him or pull the tools out and just break him apart?

YES! Them two going back and forth was so ill :pimp:

album is deff appreciated

Very surprised by the positive responses in here, cause normally people refer to this album as a high-selling commercial mess...but this is actually one of my favorite Jay-Z albums. "Coming of Age 2" is one of my favorite hip hop songs in general, and is what made me a Memphis Bleek fan at the time, leading to buying 3 if his albums.

Prolly my least favorite Jay album. has like 11 bangers/dope tracks, but its not well rounded in my eyes.

Damn fam, you just getting your hands on this album? :lol:

Definitely one of my favorites.

Coming of Age "da sequel" is my **** :smokin

I think this is a great album, but i feel like its in the lower half of Jay's catalog. Some of it sounds dated to me.

I'm still bumping this. It gets better with each listen...
pimp.gif

Ride Or Die tho... can someone explain the beef between Jay and Mase?
nerd.gif

I'm still bumping this. It gets better with each listen...:pimp:
Ride Or Die tho... can someone explain the beef between Jay and Mase?:nerd:

"Supposedly" Mase made a diss track or diss mixtape about Jay Z during that summer as word got back to Jay from people in Harlem but Mase keep the track on the low and didn't put it out there hence ......"****** cat fightin with J****, kickin sneaky ****.......Makin little tapes but keepin it secret" :nerd: :nerd:

then......

"shocked when I got the news that
this ***** ready for war, well where that fool at?
I bruise wack rap ****** severely punish them
Especially those that get ****** for they publishing, heh"

It's been widely reported or known that Puff gets artists for their publishing, so that was Jay's way of making fun of Mase's situation in knowing that Mase would never get what's owed to to him by Puff, or that Mase would forever be held to his contract, which we would true even to this day as 50 Cent couldn't even get Mase out of his contract with Puff a few years ago.

"Check your own videos, you'll always be number two
****** talkin real greasy on them R&B records"

Another diss to Mase as he was or would always be second to Puff even in his own video, as Suge even commented on about Puff at the infamous 1995 Source Awards Show.............."All up in the video"

Hope that helps champ.

I already knew what those lines were about... how did it start tho. They just stop being cool all of a sudden? I mean Jay was on Harlem World...
nerd.gif

Where did they go wrong?

Last edited:
^^ you got it almost right... the track definitely came out

It mostly started because of a sneak shot mase took at jay on the 112 song ''love me''

"All we hear is platinum that, platinum this, platinum whips
nobody got those platinum hits"

jay used to always talk about platinum jewels but didnt have a platinum album at the time, until vol. 2 released

hence the line '' ****** talkin real greasy on them r&b records''

At the time when ma$e recorded that feature for 112, he was a bigger artist than jay z. I guess thats why he felt he could come at him

I done came up put my life on the line

But on another note.I accidently wiped out my whole hov discography from my ipod smh

Back
Top Bottom