Sooo...The Gov't plans on "raising" low income children..

Just saw this on the news last night. The gov't wants to/will send out "agents" to low-income homes to help teach parents how to better raisetheir children.

THOUGHTS?

In some cases, it isn't that the parent doesn't know how to raise the child but instead the brutal truth that they might be a single parent, workingtwo jobs in order to provide for that child and unfortunately can not be there to raise the child (or pay for child care).

What will the "agent" teach in that case?

who says that low income families aren't raising their children properly...?

i understand that the two are typically correlated...but i can see how this can straddle the lines of stereotyping

The very thought of it is disrespectful in the brightest positive light.

The issue at hand is so historically deep and complex, its not a matter of teaching a person how to catch a damn football and run routes.

So I guess they plan on going to "hoods" as well as trailor park communities?

smh.gif

They need to teach the damn wealthy. Rich kids dont have no kind of damn sense, got all the privallages in the world and still dont know how to act. It'salways these rich @$* ceo's stealing millions of dollars from corporations and ruining lives, teach these *@*#%@*%!@%@@ right and wrong, raise them better.

They can fund this program, but they can't bring back music and dance programs to schools. Build up community centers and offer free tutoring. PSAT/SAT& ACT preparatory programs begining in 8th-9th grade. Teacher-shadow programs, where 2 days out of the week, students would get to sit in a class of theirteacher of choice, and take on the tools and knowledge required to become a great educator. Bring on a push for big brother/big sister programs, whereelementary & jr. high students will pair up after school with high school students and commence in educational, as well as fun activities.

So much more they could do to really help out..

If these program were more of a workshop, and proceeded past low-income households to communites of every imaginable economic status, I might have been more atease.

I'm ji Joe Jackson mad right now so forgive the rant.

Originally Posted by rocman23

They need to teach the damn wealthy. Rich kids dont have no kind of damn sense, got all the privallages in the world and still dont know how to act. It's always these rich @$* ceo's stealing millions of dollars from corporations and ruining lives, teach these *@*#%@*%!@%@@ right and wrong, raise them better.
I can agree with the 1000%.

There is no way this can be targeted to the "inner city" kids only.

This is b.s. Have of the reason why "low income" children act the way they due is because of their situation, not from bad parenting. Nothing goodwill come out of this, at all.

My sister claims she read part of the bill and it states that it will be voluntary. I have yet to see that part in any source i have read or watched.

Can anyone else confirm that?

It honestly sounds like social workers just got a new revenue stream to fish from .... Government is becoming bigger with this administration but isn'tthis what folks have been asking for?

At the end of the day folks ... http://factcheck.org/ ... lets not speculate ... speculation is what has folks paintingHitler mustache's on Obama now ... do the knowledge and decide after you have done your due diligence

How are they gonna categorize bad parenting with the low income? There are bad parents everywhere, money doesn't change that.

Back
Top Bottom