Sooo Ummm... Remind Me Again Why Jay's "Hollywood" was horrible/terrible/or even Bad.

I'm serious.  I'm listening to it and I don't get it.

The Beat was smooth, laid back, no risk to either love or hate it

Ms. Knowles went to work on the chorus and bridge... WENT TO WORK ON THE BRIDGE & CHORUS AFTERWARDS.

Mr. Knowles had bars spitting that real.

People often warn me that the fame ain't for the faint if heart
It'll change those who had love for you
Into strangers
When your fame starts
It's a chain reaction
Locomotion like when the train depart
s
Stranger
Things have happened
Rapping
Stacking
Platinum plaquin'
Born in Brooklyn got a place in Manhattan
Going back to Brooklyn
To escape the madness...

Hey mista
Pay sixa
A lista
You're in the mist of
The ride of your life
But you gotta keep them hits up
Can't put your guard down
Gotta keep your mitts up
Take a sip sir
It's so in toxicating
ain't it
Try not pick you jaded
Hollywood's been good to ya

Now you've become what you once despised
James Dean
John Belushi
Blow your whole life
Tryna live in the lights

I'm missing something here... because... I don't get what y'all missed about this one.
30t6p3b.gif

Song sucks bro. But it's not THAT hated on NT. It just sounds like a Beyonce feat. Jay-Z song rather than the other way.

You may be thinking about Anything

SHWAP why does it suck?

And what do you mean it sounds like Beyonce feat. Jay Z?

Is it because of the topic/vibe of the song or are you saying that she had more of a presence on the song?

I really wanna know.

always thought the beat was low key dope but the song is corny.

Hov needs to keep it BP3 type and #!@% with Ye', No I.D., Neptunes and Swizz

1. Beat
2. Pop sound vocals by Beyonce
3. Flow was annoying
4. Song failed, it is trash, don't think I've played this song other than the first spin the album got. I'm so happy this album was given to me and I didn't buy it, it's unforgivable

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

1. Beat
3. Flow was annoying
4. Song failed, it is trash, don't think I've played this song other than the first spin the album got. I'm so happy this album was given to me and I didn't buy it, it's unforgivable

Ding ding ding

It wasn't. After realizing where exactly that album stood I accepted the song, its actually one of my favs on there.

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

1. Beat
3. Flow was annoying

Ding ding ding

1) The beat wasn't bad... especially when compared to the other trash on there ie. trouble, dig a hole, 30 something.  What were y'all expecting considering the track/concept?
2) Pop sounding vocals? There's no difference from the sounds of her vocals and Mrs. Beatz vocals on Empire State of Mind. She actually sounded damn good especially on the bridge & chorus that followed. I don't know what y'all are listening to saying she sounded Pop. There was nothing "Single Lady" about her performance on this.
30t6p3b.gif

3) I can see this one though

Originally Posted by Grimey

anyone else find kingdom come to be ahead of its time? Joint is NICE

Errrrrrrrr.... You've gone too far.
laugh.gif

Beyonce killed the song vocally. Jay killed it lyrically.

The beat just sounds like it's some pop #++%, so people dismiss it immediately. And it does sound like some pop #++%. Scyience or w/e his name is...the beat is pop. And I don't like hearing Jay on tracks like that.

But regardless....based on content and lyrics, he murdered it. And so did B. Anyone denying that is just lying to themselves
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

1. Beat
3. Flow was annoying

Ding ding ding

1) The beat wasn't bad... especially when compared to the other trash on there ie. trouble, dig a hole, 30 something.  What were y'all expecting considering the track/concept?
2) Pop sounding vocals? There's no difference from the sounds of her vocals and Mrs. Beatz vocals on Empire State of Mind. She actually sounded damn good especially on the bridge & chorus that followed. I don't know what y'all are listening to saying she sounded Pop. There was nothing "Single Lady" about her performance on this.
30t6p3b.gif

3) I can see this one though
1. I actually liked Dig a Hole and Trouble, two of the four songs I liked
2. It sounds like a straight pop record, sounds nothing like Empire State of Mind. ESOM sounded like a meaningful rap records with some nice vocals to go with it. This sounds like Crazy In Love 2 or whatever that song was called which was better than this shh

SHWAP why does it suck?

And what do you mean it sounds like Beyonce feat. Jay Z?

Is it because of the topic/vibe of the song or are you saying that she had more of a presence on the song?

I really wanna know.
It sucks because the beat. You say it doesn't sound worse than ____ while that may be true doesn't make it good.

And the pop vocals don't compliment the lyrics. Of course reading the lyrics make you appreciate it more, but imagine the vibe it creates the moment the song drops is a major turn off.

And her presence on the song. Like if you told me this was her first single off B-Day I wouldn't have called you a liar. And that girl has talent out the #!# but I'm not a fan of it. Thus why this play will forever remain at 1 spin. The 1 spin when I got the album

Originally Posted by Grimey

anyone else find kingdom come to be ahead of its time? Joint is NICE

Errrrrrrrr.... You've gone too far.
laugh.gif
Yea, nah..
laugh.gif
  It is a solid album though.  People just expected something different then what we got.

Or, if you mean "ahead of its time" in reference to Jay's career then..ehh.. I could see where you are coming from.  Honestly, I prefer thinking of KC as an introduction to 'the grown-up Jay' opposed to the idea of Jay going out on some 'grown up' +!+.. 

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

laugh.gif
My dude Cakey really loves this song.
Got this on repeat in his cubicle Office With TWO Windows and iish.

But yea you're right... it actually was on repeat yesterday when I made this post
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I honestly think the main reason people hate it is because its coming from Jay who gave yall Reasonable Doubt so its hard to hear him go in other directions. Same track, except change it to a Ye/cudi track and people are def gonna call it a banger and i'm just keepin it G.
laugh.gif

I feel the same way about sunshine (Except i really do feel that hook was damn near unbearable) but hov's verses were cold and the beat wasn't that bad

I think its a coo track. Its corny but its coo. I think had Christte Michelle done the hook? I might feel different about the song. It needed some soul behind the hook that Beyonce couldn't provide.

Finally someone sees it.

I think this one of the stronger song on the album. 100% honest. Beat was dope (I love the way the beat fades out at the end) and... it was just a cool song off a not so great cd.

Back
Top Bottom