Soooo, has LeBron surpassed Kobe as the most hated? Vol. Dan Gilbert

I think he is hated RIGHT NOW. Usually people remember what is fresh in their minds and right now it's Lebron taking a hot dump on Cleveland on TV for 1 hour.

You can say what you want about him leaving, I don't blame him. BUT THERE IS A WAY TO DO IT AND A WAY NOT TO DO IT! He did it the WRONG way. You are a hometown hero and you go on national TV and do that??? He should have went to the Cavs and just told them he wasn't coming back for his reasons and let his agent publicize the news, make an appearance in Miami and that's that. But home boy decided to go on TV draw this whole thing out and say he's going to Miami who doesn't even have 5 players on the team right now.

To me his "decision" speaks volumes about who he is. If he really thought about it he should have went to Chicago to win. He could have taken that team in about 3 years to get a ring. Now I wonder if they will ever get one together with those 3 and scrubs.

If he stayed in Cleveland or went to Chicago he could still be considered the man and could have won. Deciding to go to Miami is going to be a decision he is going to regret, one that sounds good on paper but you just watch they aren't winning anything.

Even if he did win he will be a coat tail rider. If they lose (which they will) he is the guy that COULDN'T EVEN WIN WITH A SUPER TEAM!!!!

Lebron- you have made your bed, now sleep.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I hope they pull off a 6-peat. That would really make y'all mad.
This. Wow I knew nt was filled with a lot of hateful people and this thread is a testament to it
laugh.gif

I wanted him to go to Chicago, but I am not mad at him for doing what he thinks is best for him. The fact that people get so worked up about another man and his own life decisions is pure comedy, keep on hating nt, it's what you all do best.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I hope they pull off a 6-peat. That would really make y'all mad.
This. Wow I knew nt was filled with a lot of hateful people and this thread is a testament to it
laugh.gif

I wanted him to go to Chicago, but I am not mad at him for doing what he thinks is best for him. The fact that people get so worked up about another man and his own life decisions is pure comedy, keep on hating nt, it's what you all do best.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Triple post. Stupid internet

Haha @ "stupid Internet."  This board can get frustrating, I know.

But, yeah, Kobe gets hated on because he wins...

...championships.

Lebooboo gets hated on because he turns his back on the city that literally worshiped him.

Where'd you come up with that lie?  Lebron was hated on WAAAAAY before he left Cleveland.

not in NY....even now people aren't really mad at him for not coming here...we knew miami had a better shot.
U sure about that?  He's gonna get boo'd unmercifully when the Heat play at MSG.  EVERYONE in NYC was drinking the kool-aid.  He played yall, plain and simple. 

Spoiler [+]
2ibcoe0.png

thats whats worst imo about the whole thing. this !%@#+ amde it seem like he wanted to play with the knicks. riley straight !%@#+ slapped him and made him one of his street walkers

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I honestly think it's in Lebron's best interest to completely play into being "the bad guy"

+$+@ it

I want to see him diddy bop and strut his way into the arena, have 5 women on either side of him at all times. Hire Mo Williams to be his Farnsworth Bentley and just hold an umbrella over his head all the time. Every game end it like James Brown used to end performances, have someone throw a cape over him as he hobbles off, then jumps up and starts dancing.

People are going to hate him anyway, might as well enjoy it while it happens.
riles wont tolerate this

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Triple post. Stupid internet

Haha @ "stupid Internet."  This board can get frustrating, I know.

But, yeah, Kobe gets hated on because he wins...

...championships.

Lebooboo gets hated on because he turns his back on the city that literally worshiped him.

Where'd you come up with that lie?  Lebron was hated on WAAAAAY before he left Cleveland.

not in NY....even now people aren't really mad at him for not coming here...we knew miami had a better shot.
U sure about that?  He's gonna get boo'd unmercifully when the Heat play at MSG.  EVERYONE in NYC was drinking the kool-aid.  He played yall, plain and simple. 

Spoiler [+]
2ibcoe0.png

thats whats worst imo about the whole thing. this !%@#+ amde it seem like he wanted to play with the knicks. riley straight !%@#+ slapped him and made him one of his street walkers

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I honestly think it's in Lebron's best interest to completely play into being "the bad guy"

+$+@ it

I want to see him diddy bop and strut his way into the arena, have 5 women on either side of him at all times. Hire Mo Williams to be his Farnsworth Bentley and just hold an umbrella over his head all the time. Every game end it like James Brown used to end performances, have someone throw a cape over him as he hobbles off, then jumps up and starts dancing.

People are going to hate him anyway, might as well enjoy it while it happens.
riles wont tolerate this

People call him ringless and rings are all that matter so they say.

Now when he has a chance at multiple rings, people still find ways to hate on him.

Even if he wins 6, people will ALWAYS find a way to diminish it.

Now when he has a chance at multiple rings, people still find ways to hate on him.

Originally Posted by MaxElite

While I don't agree with it, they will have ample reason to do so. The same way everyone knocked Kobe for his 1st 3 b/c of Shaq and to some extent his 4th because it was against the Magic and not Boston. It is unprecedented to see a superstar of his caliber go to SOMEONE ELSE'S team, city, etc. to "relieve some of the pressure" or whatever he said last night. And assuming that he ends his career in Miami and Wade does the same, Dwyane will always have 1 more ring than Bron does and will have the advantage that he was able to win being THE MAN. Bron won't. 

Originally Posted by MaxElite

While I don't agree with it, they will have ample reason to do so. The same way everyone knocked Kobe for his 1st 3 b/c of Shaq and to some extent his 4th because it was against the Magic and not Boston. It is unprecedented to see a superstar of his caliber go to SOMEONE ELSE'S team, city, etc. to "relieve some of the pressure" or whatever he said last night. And assuming that he ends his career in Miami and Wade does the same, Dwyane will always have 1 more ring than Bron does and will have the advantage that he was able to win being THE MAN. Bron won't. 

The bottomline is people would find a way to hate on the guy anyway.

Stays in Cleveland... afraid of leaving Ohio, can't handle the spotlight of a big city, giving up titles for loyalty
Goes to Chicago... he's chasing Jordan, he can never be Mike, he has to win 7 titles now
Goes to NYC... he's just after the fame and money, he doesn't care about winning, he'll never win and the Knicks will suck forever
Goes to Miami... his legacy will be changed, he can never be Jordan now, he's a ring chaser, he can't do it alone

We've already seen most of that said before the decision was even made. Because of the moves this offseason, the hype, the meetings, the rumors, etc. FROM EVERYONE... the way he and his camp handled it, the way ESPN handled it, the way reporters handled it, the way WE as the consumers ate it up... no matter what happened, it was a lose-lose scenario.

To me, the "best" case scenario would have been reupping in Cleveland for 3 years, try to win one last time, then bolt to BK or NYC or Mia in a few years. Cleveland wouldn't be devastated and he would have given himself an out after a short time... but that didn't happen.

Lebron chose arguably the best chance to win... he gave up his personal numbers, potential MVPs, he knew how Cleveland would react, he knew how people would view this... but he did it anyway.

To win championships, and to win a lot of them.

The bottomline is people would find a way to hate on the guy anyway.

Stays in Cleveland... afraid of leaving Ohio, can't handle the spotlight of a big city, giving up titles for loyalty
Goes to Chicago... he's chasing Jordan, he can never be Mike, he has to win 7 titles now
Goes to NYC... he's just after the fame and money, he doesn't care about winning, he'll never win and the Knicks will suck forever
Goes to Miami... his legacy will be changed, he can never be Jordan now, he's a ring chaser, he can't do it alone

We've already seen most of that said before the decision was even made. Because of the moves this offseason, the hype, the meetings, the rumors, etc. FROM EVERYONE... the way he and his camp handled it, the way ESPN handled it, the way reporters handled it, the way WE as the consumers ate it up... no matter what happened, it was a lose-lose scenario.

To me, the "best" case scenario would have been reupping in Cleveland for 3 years, try to win one last time, then bolt to BK or NYC or Mia in a few years. Cleveland wouldn't be devastated and he would have given himself an out after a short time... but that didn't happen.

Lebron chose arguably the best chance to win... he gave up his personal numbers, potential MVPs, he knew how Cleveland would react, he knew how people would view this... but he did it anyway.

To win championships, and to win a lot of them.

I hate Lebron and If I see him on the streets, I'm slapping the @&*^ out of him, he ripped out our hearts yesterday

I hate Lebron and If I see him on the streets, I'm slapping the @&*^ out of him, he ripped out our hearts yesterday

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by abutta13

Kobe's hated for most of the right reasons though

Lebron's just a #%!*+@#%@

yea i know,  being the REAL best player, most clutch player, and hard working player in the league brings hate.

being a corporate media creation since your junior year of high school and being labeled a self proclaimed, "King" brings numerous fanboys who will suck the corn outta your butthole if given the chance.

Lebron James will never be Kobe Bryant

laugh.gif
   @ Mr. Game 7 Ghost being the most clutch.
so 1 game is going to disregard an entire career of clutch big game shots and clutch big game defense.

get the hell outta here with that flawed logic

Biggest game in his career was probably his WORST.  He's definitely regular season clutch just like Mo Williams is a top regular season point guard.

laugh.gif
at you comparing kobe to mo the friendly ghost off 1 game.  pau and artest stepped up in that 4th,  if their playing good why force it if their doing their thing.

Originally Posted by abutta13

Kobe's hated for most of the right reasons though

Lebron's just a #%!*+@#%@

yea i know,  being the REAL best player, most clutch player, and hard working player in the league brings hate.

being a corporate media creation since your junior year of high school and being labeled a self proclaimed, "King" brings numerous fanboys who will suck the corn outta your butthole if given the chance.

Lebron James will never be Kobe Bryant

laugh.gif
   @ Mr. Game 7 Ghost being the most clutch.
so 1 game is going to disregard an entire career of clutch big game shots and clutch big game defense.

get the hell outta here with that flawed logic

Biggest game in his career was probably his WORST.  He's definitely regular season clutch just like Mo Williams is a top regular season point guard.

laugh.gif
at you comparing kobe to mo the friendly ghost off 1 game.  pau and artest stepped up in that 4th,  if their playing good why force it if their doing their thing.

Back
Top Bottom