Soooo....How 'Bout a 'lil Hometown Love? Vol. I'mma put L.A Hip-Hop/Rap ON

Some of ya'll who know me (which ain't a lotta ya'll) know that I am and have always been from South Central
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. As of late, well....for a long time I've been a little bit dismayed withwhat my city has produced music wise. Today, I've been gettin' back on my grizzy in terms of LA music and I've actually found some s*** I can rockto.

20090225-tiron1.jpg

I actually know this N right here...glad to see how got the city goin' nuts
pimp.gif

00-a_perfect_strangers_front_large.jpg

just got put on to them randomly from a blog..I like so far
lauds-front.jpg

Didn't know everybody wasn't on curly tops! All the cuties at Dublin and Audubon had 'em
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

20080126-uni111.jpg

in the process of downloading....haven't listened yet.
20090225-cook1.jpg

haven't DL'd yet....

20090214-blu.jpg

nice concept, but I think I liked the stuff I heard on 'Below the Heavens' better...

Ok, so here's some people you guys are probably thinking of that I have left off: Pac Div, Dom, Nipsey Hu$$le. All except for Nipsey, I still have yet todetermine whether or not I officially "rock" with them. Nipsey sound like he still stuck in that gangsta kill cali $+@! from '92....and Iain't liked what I heard from him thus far.

Originally Posted by MrWavez

You dont like 'The Game'???
And Nipsey is a beast man....his *%%* is dope
pimp.gif
He from Lawndale anyway
grin.gif

But nah, I mean gangsta rap was best when it was done by Cube and 'nem--Game seem like he still live off they glory. Sure, I've liked a couple of hissongs but he don't really touch me like that. Same for Nipsey....

I'm more on that low-key laid back feel that you here from Pac Div, Blu, etc. THAT'S the L.A I like
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
And uhm, that Jerkin' %$*+
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif

UNI album was pretty uninspiring. I'll have to check out some I the other stuff you posted.

I'm a bred bay n' but I'm out here in LA now. I support yall n's.

As for Blu and Her Favorite Colour, that's probably his worst mixtape, it's actually just a compilation of tracks he'd given out for free onmyspace the last year. Check both Soul Amazing mixtapes, definitely some of his best work.

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

UNI album was pretty uninspiring. I'll have to check out some I the other stuff you posted.

As for Blu and Her Favorite Colour, that's probably his worst mixtape, it's actually just a compilation of tracks he'd given out for free on myspace the last year. Check both Soul Amazing mixtapes, definitely some of his best work.
http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

As for Blu and Her Favorite Colour, that's probably his worst mixtape, it's actually just a compilation of tracks he'd given out for free on myspace the last year. Check both Soul Amazing mixtapes, definitely some of his best work.
http://2dopeboyz.okayplayer.com/
Yii

I'm from IE not LA Milkshake. We discussed this before
laugh.gif

& YA Boy will hop on Polka if its a trend. 1st he's a real bay rapper then he's hyphy then he's LA now he's with LMFAO doing electro music
smh.gif

Yea The Game is trash

Add Carter and Convinced. If you heard Dom's FS/DS you'd be down

Yo fam Mickey Factz is from the Bronx, NYC not Cali
laugh.gif

Anybody got any info on any of on Hope's new shh? This the last and only thing I got from dude.
l_b3dffe174fda850e08da067a14ed09f1.jpg

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yea The Game is trash

Add Carter and Convinced. If you heard Dom's FS/DS you'd be down

Yo fam Mickey Factz is from the Bronx, NYC not Cali
laugh.gif

Anybody got any info on any of on Hope's new shh? This the last and only thing I got from dude.
l_b3dffe174fda850e08da067a14ed09f1.jpg

aiight...I'll edit him out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. And yes! I know Hope got somethin' new cuz it's on2dopeboyz website--never heard of him but I'll check for that new tape. I just dl'd some new convinced...never heard of the other dude you posted, butI'll check.

_s be sleepin on the homie 211.. He signed to CTE West and could put Inglewood on the map.
n56d6r.jpg

293x8uq.jpg

And who is that last person in the original post?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

_s be sleepin on the homie 211
n56d6r.jpg

293x8uq.jpg

And who is that last person in the original post?
Families or some %@$%? N is extra flamed out. You know him?
nerd.gif
Based off that cover tho he look like he be that bang-bang like Nip, Jay, andGlasses
eyes.gif

And u mean the album cover in the original post or the name? I'm sure you know Nipsey, but the last album cover I posted belongs to 'Blu.'

Yea I know him, he from NHP. And yes, I mean the cover in the original post, it had no name on it. And I dont really think it's fair to say that they"stuck on that 92 gangbang tip" if they wanna rep where they from then you gotta let em do that. I'm sure they got a lot more going on thanbanging anyway. It's just stories and punchlines.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Yea I know him, he from NHP. And yes, I mean the cover in the original post, it had no name on it. And I dont really think it's fair to say that they "stuck on that 92 gangbang tip" if they wanna rep where they from then you gotta let em do that. I'm sure they got a lot more going on than banging anyway. It's just stories and punchlines.
I guess...

I ain't a fair judge tho cuz I always thought bangin' was dumb
eyes.gif

Pac Div supposed to be coming out wit' an album (
eyes.gif
) but this track"mayor" goes hard and it's off a mixtape Church League Champions that's also supposed to come out...

I'mma put L.A onto this damn music board if it kills me
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Aint no love for the west here, you gotta better chance than us bay *#%%*! but beware, the wolves be vicious.

Aint no love for the west here, you gotta better chance than us bay *#%%*! but beware, the wolves be vicious.

truest %%+$ he ever wrote

Back
Top Bottom