Soooo...

..according to billboard Rebirth is gonna sell 125-150k its first week.
For it to be a rock album from a rapper,

basically no buzz,

and to leak two months early, 

thats good..i guess.

What was 50s excuse again?

Its coming out??

As far as "basically NO Buzz" was it just MY TV set or did he JUST perform @ the Grammy's??

But how you gonna discredit 50's excuse when he sold MORE units then Weezy??

I KNOW NT hates 50 and all, but whatever happened to being fair... Or even if you're NOT gonna be fair, how bout makin sense...

And to be honest BISD was waaay more anticipated than Rebirth, people wanted the album to be scrapped... They re-worked an idiotic idea and maybe they'll make a lil profit (but prolly not)

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Its coming out??

As far as "basically NO Buzz" was it just MY TV set or did he JUST perform @ the Grammy's??

But how you gonna discredit 50's excuse when he sold MORE units then Weezy??

I KNOW NT hates 50 and all, but whatever happened to being fair... Or even if you're NOT gonna be fair, how bout makin sense...

And to be honest BISD was waaay more anticipated than Rebirth, people wanted the album to be scrapped... They re-worked an idiotic idea and maybe they'll make a lil profit (but prolly not)
Ok yeah he performed at the grammys, but other than Drop The World, who ACTUALLY cares about the album itself?
Nobody..yeah Wayne still has a big buzz, but Rebirth didnt have a buzz, some people probraly dont know its out.

I havent seen one commercial for it.

Does BET even play the On Fire video during 106th and park?

And I thought Fif sold 150k as well.?

His numbers were off because of that whole itunes early deal, then album a week later.

Had Drop The World been the FIRST single, it woulda did 808s numbers imo.

it's Wayne...he's got a loyal fanbase regardless...same with Ye...despite all the backlash, there's still a huge following

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

it's Wayne...he's got a loyal fanbase regardless...same with Ye...despite all the backlash, there's still a huge following

true. but performing at the grammys >>>>>>>> all kinds of buzz.

This album just doesnt appeal to me in the slightest, I dont even think imma download that %#*

111jwr5.jpg

Someone tell Wayne his CAREER IS OVER...

Cause apparently thats how we basing it now.. OP was so quick to say 50's career is over.. When Wayne undersells him.. Suddenly Wayne gets the pass?

50's career > Wayne's

^cuz its a rapper making a rock album... 50 made his same old rap *%#@ and bricked... plus wayne doesnt run around screaming "i sold more than u!"

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

^cuz its a rapper making a rock album... 50 made his same old rap *%#@ and bricked... plus wayne doesnt run around screaming "i sold more than u!"

Ye put out 808 & Heartbreak and sold 450 K first week.

Originally Posted by GucciMane

"BUT I HAD THEM SINGLES THOUGH..."

If wayne got behind an a "a milli" or "lollypop" type single he would easily do his old numbers. Rebirth has had no nothin but that Prom Queen bull that dropped like 1 yr and a half ago. Shes on Fire hasnt caught on and probably never will.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by GucciMane

"BUT I HAD THEM SINGLES THOUGH..."

If wayne got behind an a "a milli" or "lollypop" type single he would easily do his old numbers. Rebirth has had no nothin but that Prom Queen bull that dropped like 1 yr and a half ago. Shes on Fire hasnt caught on and probably never will.
False. That joint been on the radio many times.

Not sure who's talking about there not being commercials. Seen several in the past week and I barely watch TV.

I didn't expect this album to sell well. I expected a little more but its hard to predict what a album should do when it was on the internet 2 months prior. Universal did a poor job of marketing this album. It should've never been labeled a "rock album" because it isn't. That turned people off. But if they drop a video for Drop The World? Em and Wayne might shut down the charts with official release.

Back
Top Bottom