Soulja Boy at 750,000, Lupe Fiasco at....

lmfao WOW thats all I can say.

Soulja Boy has sold 750,000+ records in the U.S.

Lupe Fiasco has only sold 302,052 records in the U.S.

You cant knock dude for moving units. Thats amazing. Youtube buzz and and a stolen dance from Yung Joc goes a long way.

tired.gif
, Lupe should be doing those kind of numbers but his lyrical contentis not dumb down enough with a beat catchy to be a ring tone or a stupid dance to go along with it. A shame were the music business is at right now.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

the music industry is in a bad state, not that soulja boy has sold over 750+, but that lupe cant sell more than 300, wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

You surprised or somethin? What was you expecting? The fact that Lupe sold THAT much should be applauded...he had the #1 Rap Album in the country for 6straight weeks.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
I would like to think that a couple years from nowLupe will still at least still be relevant and Soulja Boy will be out of the industry altogether.

laugh.gif
thumbs-up.gif
@ Lupe's numbers

Im BS'in....even though I thought The Cool was corny...Dude should have scanned better than that.

You cant knock dude for moving units.
Says who???????????
You can't have your cake & eat it too. He should be rightfully criticized for selling this hip hop thing down the river for dollars. Every action has aconsequence. Going that route comes with justified criticism. Period................
Dudes want critical acclaim as well as sell out dollars????????? Nah.

i'm more surprised @ lupes numbers. im bout to quit rappin, that %*%% is depressing.

did these albums release on the same date? or were they even close to releasing around the same time?

Originally Posted by iLLscan

You cant knock dude for moving units.
Says who???????????
You can't have your cake & eat it too. He should be rightfully criticized for selling this hip hop thing down the river for dollars. Every action has a consequence. Going that route comes with justified criticism. Period................
Dudes want critical acclaim as well as sell out dollars????????? Nah.

people got bills to pay man..this !@!+ ain't a art no more..its a job..

Good way to miss the entire point.
Go ahead & pay your bills. Doesn't mean you not going to get criticized for the BS you drop in order to pay those bills though.

The way I see it is, Soulja Boy is only 17 dude is just a kid. He is only makin music for fun. Music that makes him happy almost like a young Will Smith justnot as lyrical. He saw an opportunity to get fame and fortune and he took it. He put out a single ....smash hit, he puts out an album.....and went gold.That's crazy and I applaud him. And the kid got the chance to go to the Grammys. So honestly I can't knock him. I don't really care for his musicbut other people obviously do. Honestly I would have rather had Mims go gold instead of Soulja Boy but it is what it is. I'm pretty sure if he doesn'tcome up with a new gimmick he will be irrelevant in 2 years. Like the Macarena

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Good way to miss the entire point.
Go ahead & pay your bills. Doesn't mean you not going to get criticized for the BS you drop in order to pay those bills though.

It happens man..i'd rather be in soulja boys shoes wit tons of money..than be in sean prince shoes livin in the pjs broke as **$$

It happens man..i'd rather be in soulja boys shoes wit tons of money..than be in sean prince shoes livin in the pjs broke as **$$
OK. But you not either. You a fan.
As a fan, I can't "respect dudes hustle".

Lupe > Soulja Boy and i barely even listen to lupes !*$.... rap seems dead these days.....

Lupe is doin good IMO . . . "Superstar" is doin well on the radios and ringtones, it will probably become bigger around NCAA tourny time . . . And hestill has "Paris, Tokyo" on deck . . . And he's sittin at 300K, he'll prolly go gold . . . That's a good look for hip hop music . . .

Oh yea, Nay......... You lame for not posting in my Poor Righteous Teachers thread. That I SH got like 7 responses.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ok NT. i HOPE that's none of you who contributed to that 750,000, and that it was teenage white chicks. if so, i spit on your existence.

Back
Top Bottom