Soulja Boy Comments On Fruity Loops Production...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.6084/title.soulja-boy-comments-on-fruity-loops-production

laugh.gif
....Shout out to all you FL Users...

Dude makes us look bad...... not really but I can tell he uses FL, he's still using some stock sounds.

"To be honest, it took me an hour to produce the 'Crank That' song - at the most,"
Lol, there is only like 5 different sounds and 4 different patterns, how long would you expect it to take?
laugh.gif

is he mentally ******ed?

or maybe just one of those slow kids you used to see @ school... I've always thought that

Whoa...Whoa...Whoa....
Soulja Boy, freshly nominated for one such Grammy Award
I wouldn't even want one anymore, at this point I would just reject the nomination if I was ever nominated inthe same catagory as soulja Boy. Nothing against him but the Grammies have been officially tainted since you don't have to make music to win.

I'm sorry but dude represents everything wrong with hip-hop. He pretty much makes rappers look dumb to the next generations of hip-hop fans. Pretty muchall of our little brothers and consequently their little brothers will not even know who Jay-z is. I understand it is for kids and middle schoolers, but thosekids grow up and all they are going to want to do is YOOOOOOOOO. Look at my generations, everyone praises Juelz and Lil Wayne like they are kings, because whenwe wree in middle schools we listened to Drop it like its hot, and during highschool all we got was half assed attempts at records. During my highschool yearsonly four or five legit records came out....Black Album, Speakerbox Love Below and someone will be able to think of a few more. but that is it. Sorry for therant I'm just worried about the future.

naw he made millions with that stupid dance. Epitome of gimmick rap. Nothing like coming into the scene as a sellout.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by theo6kid

I'm sorry but dude represents everything wrong with hip-hop. He pretty much makes rappers look dumb to the next generations of hip-hop fans. Pretty much all of our little brothers and consequently their little brothers will not even know who Jay-z is. I understand it is for kids and middle schoolers, but those kids grow up and all they are going to want to do is YOOOOOOOOO. Look at my generations, everyone praises Juelz and Lil Wayne like they are kings, because when we wree in middle schools we listened to Drop it like its hot, and during highschool all we got was half assed attempts at records. During my highschool years only four or five legit records came out....Black Album, Speakerbox Love Below and someone will be able to think of a few more. but that is it. Sorry for the rant I'm just worried about the future.

ITs YOOOOUUUUUUU not YOOOOO
laugh.gif
but I agree with you but its a littletoo late to be worrying only thing left to hope for is for a few new school rappers to right the ship before hip hop gets sucked in to that hurricane of trashmainstream music for good. Also its time for you to look harder for good music thats what Ive been doin the past 7 years now cuz I saw thiscomin with Bling Bling but theres more good music out there than you know, Im a lil mad that I missed out on it myself. They may never get the shine Soulja Boydoes but they'll influence some future Mc that might help change hip hop for the better.

To Soulja Boy enjoy it while you can, hey even tho you're trash now maybe you're hollow music will get better

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by digitalO22

naw he made millions with that stupid dance. Epitome of gimmick rap. Nothing like coming into the scene as a sellout.
sick.gif

how you callin the kid a sellout

Technically souljah boy has a # 1 song using the same beat making program ya'll use and ya'll have the nerve to call his beats trash. Not saying thathe's the next Dre but if he's so bad at making beats why couldn't one of you come up with that beat. The Logic on NT is retarted sometimes, thesamething goes on with Swizz Beatz, everyone says his beats is trash but i Have yet to here one beat On Nt better than any one of his numerous hit singles.
Dudes in here Salty because while they was pouring there heart and soul into reason this !%$+!## came and made himself a cool Hundred thousand in an hour, Whowould've thought.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

Technically souljah boy has a # 1 song using the same beat making program ya'll use and ya'll have the nerve to call his beats trash. Not saying that he's the next Dre but if he's so bad at making beats why couldn't one of you come up with that beat. The Logic on NT is retarted sometimes, the samething goes on with Swizz Beatz, everyone says his beats is trash but i Have yet to here one beat On Nt better than any one of his numerous hit singles.
Dudes in here Salty because while they was pouring there heart and soul into reason this !%$+!## came and made himself a cool Hundred thousand in an hour, Who would've thought.

i was gone agree wit u til i got to the bottom...
dudes like soulja boy aint even whats wrong wit the game, its brainwashed "fans" like yourself... just cuz a beat is a number 1 single doesntmake it good and im pretty sure some of the producers on here could make some !*%* like crank dat, IF they wanted to... people make music for differentreasons... everyone isnt in the !*%* for the money and just because u got money off the !*%* doesnt make u good... i guess everyone on nt should stop rappintoo cuz nobody likes d4l but they went plat... shut the %%*@ up.. how old are u anyway... its not about jealousy its about music, GOOD music...

So you mean to tell me that your just making music for yourself cuz if that's the case keep your beats to yourself. How can you say as a producer youdon't want a hit single. That's what producers do, unlike rappers they don't have to water things down to get played.

Secondly you being a producer can not call Swizz wack because Swizz makes better music than you ever can. Forget the fact that he has numerous hits. The guysbetter than you. He has had legends call him up to do tracks Meanwhile you struggling to solidify your spot on the NT mixtape. If you were better as a producerthen you would have some type of buzz because top artist want to link up with hot producers.

Producing isn't similar to rapping at all. In fact any rap song that is a hit is there off production alone. Is souljah boy spit crank that to one of yourbeats the igga wouldn't be top million. So in that sense Souljah boy one beat is better than your whole catalog so bring it down a notch homie.

So you mean to tell me that your just making music for yourself cuz if that's the case keep your beats to yourself. How can you say as a producer you don't want a hit single. That's what producers do, unlike rappers they don't have to water things down to get played.

Secondly you being a producer can not call Swizz wack because Swizz makes better music than you ever can. Forget the fact that he has numerous hits. The guys better than you. He has had legends call him up to do tracks Meanwhile you struggling to solidify your spot on the NT mixtape. If you were better as a producer then you would have some type of buzz because top artist want to link up with hot producers.

Producing isn't similar to rapping at all. In fact any rap song that is a hit is there off production alone. Is souljah boy spit crank that to one of your beats the igga wouldn't be top million. So in that sense Souljah boy one beat is better than your whole catalog so bring it down a notch homie.

see ur wrong... ur telling me why i make music... how much sense does that make? "i make beats cuz i rap, im an mc first"... as a producer idlike a hit single but ill take whatever brings the guap in... and its funny how u say rapping and producing are nothing alike when they are fairly similar...
again havin hit songs doesnt make u better... it means ur in the position to do so... how is the +%#! swizz makin better than stuff i ever will? i meanif i get in the game tommorow and produce hov's next album i just ****ted on swizz' whole career in my eyes... being good has nothing to do wit buzz...i dont have media outlets such as all them video blogs, radio, and tv like swizz does... but whatever i dont have to explain myself to u because unlike u imaspiring instead of hating...

its like ur not even defending soulja boy anymore u just wanna hate on me... strugglin the make the mixtape? please man im doin shows
eek.gif
... i prolly got the best song on the joint... and u wanna hate on me!? me!? N logoff nt and go buy some talent... trust me, im gonna b in the game... alot longer than soulja boy... im not tryin to make hits... im tryin to make classics... utoo dumb to understand the difference...

Time is right for the most part talent =/= hit songs if thats the case Big Pimpin > Lyrical Exercise who the hell wants to back that argument?????

Only thing I can say with producing and rappin tho where they are not the same reminds me of something Curtis said a producer can get away with makin whackbeats a rapper can't slide with makin whack songs.

I dont kno why Swizz is being used as an example sooo much he has certified his place in hip hop he has a lot anthems and classic beats but he still has trashbeats, he basically fell off and a lot of his shhh sounds the same.

Like dude said there's a BIG diff between hit music and classic music

EDIT- And for the record the Crank Dat beat isn't that bad, its basic but Ive heard other rappers rip that beat.

smokin.gif

yall need to recognize that the music industry is dead. There is no money left it in it. The average rapper used to go platinum. Now only three or four do. Atthe end of the day when people realize ti is dead we will start seeing a lot less soulja boy's because those people are the ones who are in it for themoney. We will start to see real musicians making music because they will be in it for the love. For SOulja Boy, I respect his hustle. He is a kid making moneythere is no shame in that. His music is not hurting anyone at the end of the day. Unless inspiring kids to dress poorly and have lines cut in their eyebros isharmful.

So you mean to tell me that your just making music for yourself cuz if that's the case keep your beats to yourself. How can you say as a producer you don't want a hit single. That's what producers do, unlike rappers they don't have to water things down to get played.

Secondly you being a producer can not call Swizz wack because Swizz makes better music than you ever can. Forget the fact that he has numerous hits. The guys better than you. He has had legends call him up to do tracks Meanwhile you struggling to solidify your spot on the NT mixtape. If you were better as a producer then you would have some type of buzz because top artist want to link up with hot producers.

Producing isn't similar to rapping at all. In fact any rap song that is a hit is there off production alone. Is souljah boy spit crank that to one of your beats the igga wouldn't be top million. So in that sense Souljah boy one beat is better than your whole catalog so bring it down a notch homie.

Not going to lie you sound like a huge hater. I don't know you but from what I gather you don't know that much about the music industry. Peoplelike Swizz where in the same position people on here are. Everyone has to start somewhere. You have to have a hit single, then you can get on and that usuallytakes years...or it use to. You would be surprised how many producers don't produce their top beats, check the credits; it's al in the name nowadays.The fastest way for a producer to get on now a days, wiht everyone producing using fruity loops, is to either have some sort of dance, or to link up with arapper.

O.K let me clear this up. IF you were to take one of your beats (No name) and put it up Against One of Swizz Beats(No Name). 9.99 times out of 10 swiss isgonna have the better beat. Don't talk about that blog, TV*%%* to me. I'm talking music vs Music his beats are better than yours. If you were toproduce Jays entire next album that means nothing unless the beats are better than what swiss has been putting out and with your production that means nothing.Like you said classic over buzz, Swizz history with Jigga is Better Classic music than you could ever garner.

Souljah boy made a beat(no matter how simple it was or wack the song is) That was hot. Once Again if you shipped a CD with no names and just music 9.99/10people will pick the "Crank that" beat over one of yours. Not saying your wack but it's a better beat.

Back
Top Bottom