SoundScan Sales For 3/4/2008: Janet Debuts At #1.... Plus Ms. Badu, Webbie, Shawty Lo and Etc

4 WEBBIE VOL. 2-SAVAGE LIFE 72,497 296 999 72,807

webbie joint is
pimp.gif
he's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is sad because Janet did put together a good album. What it really boils down to is that she is trying to hard to be like the r&b singers of this generation appearing half naked in mags and talking about stuff that alienates her loyal fanbase. I know she can't get back to her 80's popularity but she should a least be able to push 350,000 unit's in 1 week and hit 2x Plat in 2 months.
What are you talkin about? Anyone who has paid attention to Janet in this "Discipline Era" knows that she has been covered from HEAD TOTOE and rightfully so. Her +*% is 41 now. If anything, Mariah needs to take note. She's about to be 38 and she's parading around in her underwear.

And if you listened to the CD, it should be pretty obvious that it is VINTAGE Janet. In fact, this is her illest work since The Velvet Rope. The reason herfirst week sales were low is because Def Jam messed up her promo schedule. How many artists do you know that can NOT be seen anywhere for promo or for anyperformances prior to their album release, and still sell almost 200K? She didn't do any performances or TV appearances until the DAY the album released. As a result, the album is setting up to be a gradual seller. Rock With U is blowing up crazy overseas, and that will push her worldwide sales up major. Thenshe's releasing 2Nite which will probably be her biggest pop hit since Together Again. That song is a monster.

Basically, Janet came back niiiice wit this album and it's gonna go platinum. Watch what I tell you.

Also... big ups to Badu for debuting nicely (I love this woman, and I appreciate her album even though it's the worst of her career)
pimp.gif

There is alot of good music that has been coming out however to me it has been more underground instead of mainstream.
I am happy that some of the R&B albums are doing very well, I was going to pick up Erykah Badus album but i said ill wait until my next best buy trip.

Originally Posted by gambit215

who are buying all these albums!?!?!? I havent seen a CD player in years, I mean the demographic that purchases music all have ipods, what am I missing? why are you people keeping these record labels open?

Thats what I'm saying. Why do you even need a label any more if your a established artist. I see why you would want to get on MTV/BET video play butwith youtube that's not really needed anymore either. I'd just put lots of money into promotion and cut out the middle man (ie. Label). I don't seelabels being around much longer at all.

i want to see Flo-Rida's numbers when he drops, dude is a ++$%+$ PROBLEMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

he killin' *@!% right now
pimp.gif
eek.gif

Yea if Flo-rida flops no new rap artist has any hopes of doin' anything. I think for him though they might've dropped the album too late. Probablyshould've done it with Low at its peak but I think Elevator might mess around and be #1 as well.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Yea if Flo-rida flops no new rap artist has any hopes of doin' anything. I think for him though they might've dropped the album too late. Probably should've done it with Low at its peak but I think Elevator might mess around and be #1 as well.

cosign... if HE flops..there is no hope for ANYONE ELSE droppin...this guy has been getting so much spins out here while im on spring break im literallylike
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom