Sources: Griffey might be headed to Atlanta to join the Braves

Just in time for Griffey's retro release . . .

Sources close to Ken Griffey's Jr. agent and the Atlanta Braves say the pair may be close to a contract for the 2009 season. Griffey has said he is willingto split time in left field with Matt Diaz and lives in Orlando near the Braves' spring training site. This would be an absolute dream of mine, but about5-7 years too late.

ESPN's article onGriffey to Atlanta

Braves talk with Griffey

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

Navy/Red/White griffeys *I pray* please

Don't we all man. I'd buy an alternate red Braves jerseys to go with the newGriffs.

Griffey in a braves uni ? No.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Nobody cares about Griffey anymore unless he's in Seattle.

Slap, worry about your Roid filled locker room.

Jr. is cared about no matter where he goes.

as a braves fan even i want to see him go back to seattle. if we do get him ill be happy though. wish it wouldve happened 9 yrs ago though
grin.gif

pimp.gif
I just want to see him succeed.
as a black baseball fan I really enjoy watching him, he is arguably the best legit black player of our era.

laugh.gif
in his first game on the 64, I tossed him to ATL to play with Andruw and Chipper
smokin.gif

go back to Seattle please...

I was hoping he'd go to Seattle, but it looks like Atlanta will truly be his next team.

9:03pm: Another interesting item from Bowman:

About a week ago, [Nick] Swisher seemed to be at the top of the wish list. But that was before Griffey called the Braves and campaigned for the opportunity to play for Atlanta.

As more and more information pours out, it really sounds like Junior wants to, and is going to, end up with the Braves.

5:38pm: According to MLB.com's Mark Bowman, "It's believed the Braves are willing to offer Griffey a one-year deal worth up to $1.5 million."

The Mariners can probably afford to make a counter offer that beats that number but, as was reported yesterday, M's CEO Howard Lincoln is less than enthused about the idea of getting into a bidding war with the Braves.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/02/ken-griffey-j-2.htmlhttp://www.mlbtraderumors...9/02/ken-griffey-j-2.html (The times are as of last night, the15th)

If that's the case, it looks like I'll be going to an Atlanta/Met game with my friends who are Mets fans. Only way I'm going is if they'd bewilling to sit in the bleacher seats in Citi Field.

Read this yesterday on the braves site... I was hyped, I hope it goes through... I can see him play when he comes to NY... Him and Chipper, 2 of my favoritesplaying together
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom