South Korean movies will change your life

I cannot Beleive the amount of superior quality movies coming out of Korea. For anyone that enjoys good movies and have not yet indulged in these Korean films do yourself a favor and check some of these out. Hollywood ain't got **** on them. Do not let the subtitles deter you, you won't regret it.

Some are on Netflix or prime. There are other sites that show them but not sure if I can mention them here. If your having trouble send me a message.

DO NOT check the trailers just watch directly to avoid any spoilers

Here are just a few to get you going. For those interested in more let me know and if you have some to share please do.

I saw the devil
Bedevilled
Oldboy
Train to busan (the original, sequal is no bueno)

Edit:
Parasite
Forgotten
A bittersweet life
The Handmaiden

Last edited:
Korean friends put me on this back in high school.

1609399966146.png

if y'all got a tight group, this is it

pretty sure its on youtube :lol:

It’s a new series on Netflix. Pretty wild show.

one of those post apocalyptic type deals with monsters, I don’t want to spoil it.

I still have a good dozen or so more films on my list to get to. I'll check out the Korean series after. I'm hearing positive things about em. Good looking out

My current girl put me on. I seriously had no idea.

Honestly the new found exposure has made quarantine so much more manageable. :lol:

Couple of my favorites that are more recent that I don't see named a lot:

The Handmaiden
A Taxi Driver
The Man From Nowhere
Believer
Wailing
The Call

Man I'm telling you. I had surgery a month ago can't move too much so I have been going through them like wildfire. Hadn't heard of Beleiver, adding it to the list.

You all better not sleep on Bedevilled. I repeat... Bedevilled!

Everybody should watch The Handmaiden, The Wailing, and Memories of a Murder, all are incredible films.

The Handmaiden was the 2nd or 3rd Korean movie I ever watched. Left me wondering what kind of subpar movies I've been watching my whole life.

Loved The Wailing too, but I never heard of Memories of a Murder, that's going on the list.

I still have a good dozen or so more films on my list to get to. I'll check out the Korean series after. I'm hearing positive things about em. Good looking out

Bro I got a list 20 deep that I'm still working through.

edit: Never heard of Bedevilled either until you posted, already added bro :lol:

why is parasite not mentioned? that movie was beautifully shot. last one i watched was the zombie movie alive. that was not bad. believer had some great characters. there are a few on my to watch list.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican somewhere :smh: right now
Not at all.

Thanks for the suggestions OP.

There was a Korean (I think) movie I watched on a flight once. The story was about a group of friends sharing their cell phone messages/pics/videos to each other and some stuff happened after. I can't remember exactly but I remember being entertained.

Anybody have any idea which movie that was?

I remember there there being a dinner party with everyone putting their phone in the middle of the table or something.

Last edited:
why is parasite not mentioned? that movie was beautifully shot. last one i watched was the zombie movie alive. that was not bad. believer had some great characters. there are a few on my to watch list.

Parasite is one of my favorites. I didn't mention it as it got so mainstream I figured everyone had heard about it. I'll update the list from the main post. When I saw Parasite I kind of stumbled on it before the hype so I watched it with zero expectations, amazing experience.

Burning had one of the most beautiful scenes I have ever seen. Great film

Burning is on the list, matter of fact I plan on watching it and "Mother" today.

I'll try.
Couple of those were mentioned in the disturbing movie thread.

You cannot go wrong with these movies, at the very least you will be entertained. Garenteed.

Last edited:
Not at all.

Thanks for the suggestions OP.

There was a Korean (I think) movie I watched on a flight once. The story was about a group of friends sharing their cell phone messages/pics/videos to each other and some stuff happened after. I can't remember exactly but I remember being entertained.

Anybody have any idea which movie that was?

I remember there there being a dinner party with everyone putting their phone in the middle of the table or something.
:lol: :lol: you legit kill me man

Back
Top Bottom