Speaking on pure skill alone, Buckethead > (insert guitar player).

You don't believe me do you?

I'll post a sucession of videos, most likely in different posts since Yuku always screws *$#* up...

- Tical.

There's a multitude of others as well if you're interested. He's far from being all there, but his guitar playing amazes me. There's a videothat I can't find where he plays every style of guitar you could think of back to back without stopping which is pretty damn amazing.

- Tical.

Buckethead is sick but Eddie Van Halen begs to differ

eddie_van_halen.jpg

Buckethead's tapping takes an enormous steamy crap all over "Eruption". Seriously man, it's not even close.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by T i c a l

Buckethead's tapping takes an enormous steamy crap all over "Eruption". Seriously man, it's not even close.

- Tical.
laugh.gif

how the %+$@ do I argue with that

I concur. There is a lot of people who are pretty damn close but everybody who Ive ever spoke to that plays the guitar themselves and knows what they aretalking about would agree that as far as raw talent he takes the cake.

This man gets my vote. Saw him live last month, was standing right in front of the stage. Had a crazy loud ringing in my ears for a week, but it was the bestlive show I've seen.

Paco and Satriani are both good, but both are less versitile than Buckethead is.

- Tical.

Johnny Greenwood.

I'm a huge Radiohead guy so I'm obligated, but he's amazing either way. Buckethead is good, but I'll take Greenwood, especially since he'sinto a ton of other stuff ex. composing the soundtrack for There Will Be Blood.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Johnny Greenwood.

I'm a huge Radiohead guy so I'm obligated, but he's amazing either way. Buckethead is good, but I'll take Greenwood, especially since he's into a ton of other stuff ex. composing the soundtrack for There Will Be Blood.

I love Rdiohead too, but did you watch any of the videos I posted? You honestly think Greenwood could pull of even half of that stuff?

- Tical.

^Yea I watched, they're just playing two totally different styles in concert. If the band wanted to let Johnny do more solos live, I absolutely think hecould pull some of those off, but maybe it's just me. I'm not trying to sound snide here as most do in the Music Forum and on NT in general, but haveyou seen Radiohead live? The effects he pulls off are amazing, and what might be coolest is that it seems like he's 'experimenting,' but all thewhile he's in total control...I think.
laugh.gif

No thread jack, but what's the consensus on tom morello? I got into an argument with my friend about this the other day and i wanna know what you guysthink

Greenwood is most certainly a better composer and better with effects, but I'm talking pure skill and versatility in style here. He's not evenclose to Buckethead.

And for overtime, Morello has always been a favorite of mine. I think he's one of the best guitarists of our generation (you want to talk about effectsJBD?
laugh.gif
) but I think he actually might actually be a little overrated by people who just hear the cool sounds and think he's amazing. RATM is my secondfavorite band of all time, and I loved Audioslave's first two efforts so Morello will always be appreciated by me.

- Tical.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Jimi > All

This is the only person I have a problem arguing against because Jimi is a God in my eyes. However, Buckethead has more speed on the fretboard and can play ina lot of different styles whereas Jimi was strictly blues.

If you choose to yell at me and call me an idiot for that previous statement, I won't hold it against you though...

- Tical.

Originally Posted by T i c a l

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Jimi > All

This is the only person I have a problem arguing against because Jimi is a God in my eyes. However, Buckethead has more speed on the fretboard and can play in a lot of different styles whereas Jimi was strictly blues.

If you choose to yell at me and call me an idiot for that previous statement, I won't hold it against you though...

- Tical.
We can agree to disagree. Can't go wrong with either one.

Honorable mentions: Page, Slash, Collins

Back
Top Bottom