Speaking on pure skill alone, Buckethead > (insert guitar player).

Buckethead is crazy. I was going to come in and post ToM Morello, but someone has. I would also argue Kirk Hammett from Metallica

Not better than Buckethead, but amazing guitarists....

Mick from Slipknot

Munky and Head (before he became a born-again Christian) - Korn

Jade Pueget from AFI

Greg Hetson - Bad Religion

yeah i feel the same way about morello, he's is great but people tend to overate him because his style is that unique. As far as Jimi goes, it'sprobably crazy to argues against him, he is to the guitar what rakim is to rap, when it comes to him there are only 3 things to be mentioned, those before him,him, and those after him

I think you could make a case for Hammett, but the thing is, all these people you guys are naming have a single style (Blues, metal, flamenco, etc.) andBuckethead plays all of those styles just as good as they do. Basically, he's all of these guitarists in one.

- Tical.

Oh and how could i forget, i haven't read through all of this post, but if greenwood of radiohead hasn't been mentioned im officially upset.

P.S. some of you may not agree with me but i'm definitely a giant fan of russel lissack of bloc party

Originally Posted by overtime626

Oh and how could i forget, i haven't read through all of this post, but if greenwood of radiohead hasn't been mentioned im officially upset.
You should probably read through the post then
laugh.gif

- Tical.

finally read the thread, i like alot of the responses here, and i'd also have mention carlos santana, because he's carlos santana(and i mean before heworked with rob thomas and vanessa carlton)

Although Buckethead may be technically better, I can't say I've ever looked forward to listening to his stuff nearly as much as the other guitaristsmentioned in here.

Originally Posted by mace40

Although Buckethead may be technically better, I can't say I've ever looked forward to listening to his stuff nearly as much as the other guitarists mentioned in here.

No doubt about that. I'm just saying based off pure skill alone, not listenability of his music even though a lot of his stuff is really relaxing.

- Tical.

Back
Top Bottom