Speed Demon Laps Manhattan in 24 minutes

[h1] [/h1]

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/09/04/youtube-video-shows-driver-loop-around-manhattan-in-24-minutes/#[/URL]"]
[h1]YouTube Video Shows Driver Loop Around Manhattan In 24 Minutes[/h1]

[h4]NYPD To Investigate 'Fastest Lap Around Manhattan'[/h4]

[h6]September 4, 2013 8:12 AM[/h6]

Share on email 2

View Comments
fast-loop.jpg

Fastest Loop Around Manhattan still (credit: CBS 2)

[h5]Filed under[/h5]

Heard On 1010 WINS, WCBS, WFAN, Local, News, NY News, Radio.com - News, Syndicated Local, Syndication, Watch + Listen

[h5]Related tags[/h5]

Fastest Lap Around Manhattan 2013, Manhattan, YouTube

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A driving stunt has caught the attention of police.
An anonymous driver posted a video on YouTube titled “Fastest Lap Around Manhattan 2013.”
The video appears to show a driver loop around Manhattan in 24 minutes and seven seconds.
The driver starts on the FDR Drive, goes through the Battery Park underpass, up the West Side Highway, along I-95, then back to where he started, CBS 2 reported.
The driver claims the ride beat the previous record of 26 minutes that was set in 2010.
The NYPD will investigate.
“We’ve seen this before, people have put these videos up,” Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said. “We’ve taken enforcement action as a result. I am not aware of this video, we’ll take a look at it.”
Kelly said license plate readers that are positioned throughout the city will help in the investigation.

[/quote]
with all the stuff going on in nyc this is what they wanna waste police man hours to try and solve :rolleyes
also im not impressed i can drive from san jose to sf taking the bay bridge in 30 min

Last edited:
Impressive run. Impressive video edit.

Hell get caught tho. Dummy posted what kind of car.. cameras got that plate somewhere

He aint gonna get caught they cant go looking at the camera records for all of 2013.  they dont know when  this occurred

:lol: doesn't it say at the very beginning of the video when this took place??

That was awesome, but could have easily ended in disaster.

NYC looks like a Need For Speed Underground two map

Impressive run. Impressive video edit.

Hell get caught tho. Dummy posted what kind of car.. cameras got that plate somewhere

He aint gonna get caught they cant go looking at the camera records for all of 2013.  they dont know when  this occurred

:lol: doesn't it say at the very beginning of the video when this took place??

August 26, 2013.

I'm saying though...that's a wrap for ol boy.

Wonder what kind of car he was driving.

BMW Z4 ... like I said... more proof that Bimmer drivers are *** hats

... last guy that did this was in an M5 :lol:

calm down

all he did was speed on the freeway not like if he was racing another car or drifting around corners on the street which is way more dangerous

tbh i dont even see much wrong with the vid besides excessive speeding

Last edited:
calm down

all he did was speed on the freeway not like if he was racing another car or drifting around corners on the street which is way more dangerous

yeah man....outside of the excessive speeding, he was driving safely. Great point.

calm down

yeah man....outside of the excessive speeding, he was driving safely. Great point.

:lol: :lol: word dude make a good point because speeding never hur... nvm

Wonder what kind of car he was driving.

BMW Z4 ... like I said... more proof that Bimmer drivers are *** hats

... last guy that did this was in an M5 :lol:

calm down

Passing on the right at any speed is dangerous.

Passing on the right multiple times at the extreme speeds shown in the video is insane.

Lucky he didn't get caught up in horrible traffic on FDR. :lol: He also cut a red.

Last edited:
Well Alex Roy had 151 moving violations — enough to have his New York driver's license suspended 78 times over in his record so this must be close to it.

Call me ignorant, but even if they discover who the driver is, what can they do to him? Based off the footage, no accidents occurred.

Call me ignorant, but even if they discover who the driver is, what can they do to him? Based off the footage, no accidents occurred.
Multiple traffic violations which could result in a suspension or a revoked license which will ultimately affect his insurance.

calm down

he knew what he was doing
speeding around cars on a pretty empty freeway isnt that dangerous tbh yall need to see japanese wangan runs if you wanna see real driving

driving license suspended tickets on tickets on tickets possibly a few days in jail
if they cant get a pic/vid with his face in the car breaking the law they dont really have a case i think he'll get away unless people start snitching

Last edited:
if they cant get a pic/vid with his face in the car breaking the law they dont really have a case i think he'll get away unless people start snitching

Well that's what I really meant by my post, I should have reworded it. If it can't be proven that the video uploader was the driver, what case do they have?

Last edited:
Arrested.

Dude is 20 and lived in East Harlem. Charged with reckless driving and reckless endangerment. Car was seized.

That was the sickest video of my city right there.

That **** was so ill.

Video really made me think of the tracks they design for need for speed or other racing games esp. an nyc track.

That video made me homesick right there.

Back
Top Bottom