Speeding Ticket, How effed am I? CALI Residents Check in.

I got a Speeding Ticket today going 84 MPH on the freeway.
Court Date July 30th.

I'm from California

What to expect at Court?

How much will this cost me?

Look around. I'm sure there are really good traffic attorneys, that can get it dropped. Might cost you $250-400 depending on the attorney, but better then having to pay the ticket and have your insurance prices go up. 

I've gotten a couple speeding tickets here in Seattle, and gotten them all dropped.  Even one when I was going 85 in a 60 DURING traffic.

$400-$450 including traffic school but that was from january of last year when i got mine doing 17 over the limit

i got caught doing 33 over...ticket point reduction and added nys fine for pts on the license about $750...yes i got raped.

$342 + 54 to take traffic school. Was going 90 on the 60 West.
I just ended up paying it off. take traffic school if it's your first offense. That's another $30+ though.
Then months after my cousin THEN tells me that he could have gotten me out of it. Something about the radar calibration numbers.
What up CJ

I got a speeding ticket in November

Was doing 80 in a supposed construction zone on the 710 just before the 91 here in Long Beach (didn't see any construction postings but w/e)

He was cool and dropped it to me doing 71 in a 55, it was $260 with traffic school

I forgot to add, my insurance was expired.
So I got another infraction for no proof of insurance. smh

Thanks All.

It's a first ticket, so traffic school? and burning of the wallet.

What a way to start off summer.

Does it help having License over a year and over 18?
would I have been more effed with less than a year, and under 18?

Originally Posted by cruzair13

I forgot to add, my insurance was expired.
So I got another infraction for no proof of insurance. smh

Thanks All.

It's a first ticket, so traffic school? and burning of the wallet.

What a way to start off summer.

Does it help having License over a year and over 18?
would I have been more effed with less than a year, and under 18?

#*%% July 30, how does SEPTEMBER 30 sound?

When you go to court, ask for an extension
smokin.gif

I got my ticket in November, court was February. Went the LAST day possible and asked for an extension. April 24th
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

$200 or higher if you challenge it the cop might not show up to court the next time but I'd just pay if you really don't have a valid reason to challenge.

this just got me mad scared seeing as i try hitting 100 every time i get on the highway.

You wont go to court the date, the court date is the day you have to pay by. Go to the court and pay it. Can ask for community service and it'll be less. But I just paid mine $255 without doing any community service plus $30 online traffic school (driversed.com, super easy you can click thru it and google test ?'s)

he was following me at the same speed i was going.
is pacing
so his motorcycle was going 84, i was going 84.

Back
Top Bottom