Speilberg's LINCOLN

so...where the vampires at...

will be watching both movies mentioned in the thread...when they are stream-able...

Speaking of DDL....anyone seen Nine? I know he usually does intense projects but I thought this was kind of an odd movie to be a part of since it is a musical:

Nine stunk. There were decent parts and the story itself could have been interesting, but it was a struggle to finish

I imagined his voice to be much deeper.

A lot of people thought his voice would be different. :nerd:

Another great movie nobody will watch.
Lincoln's voice is not powerful enough IMO....

Lewis did his research and this is how he found Lincoln's voice described. Most of the people we think of as commanding and imposing didn't have those sorts of voices.
I thought his voice would be kind of deep since people were talking about him having gigantism. This is kinda like how people were surprised at Mike Tyson's voice when they first heard him speak.

Probably another great performance by DDL but I have no interest in sitting in a theatre for 2 hours watching it. This is the kind of movie i'd prefer to watch at home.

from the trailer something tells me that Spielberg is stuck in the 90's with how he does movies.

I really didn't like the trailer at all....gonna skip this one.

What does that mean exactly?

That's a good thing to me... Spielberg in the 90s > Spielberg in the 2000s

So Schindler's List, Jurassic Park, Amistad, and Saving Private Ryan were only good as a kid?

from the trailer something tells me that Spielberg is stuck in the 90's with how he does movies.

I really didn't like the trailer at all....gonna skip this one.
You know what...I can't even be mad with all of the above. 

I've been hyped for this for months, and after seeing the trailer, I still am looking forward to it. It was slow, sure, but I don't expect this to be a fast-paced. I can definitely see it taking the J. Edgar route, which I feel was underrated in its own right.

The simple fact that DDL is Lincoln should have anyone sold. I saw My Left Foot for the first time a few days ago, and the man is phenomenal.

I've been hyped for this for months, and after seeing the trailer, I still am looking forward to it. It was slow, sure, but I don't expect this to be a fast-paced. I can definitely see it taking the J. Edgar route, which I feel was underrated in its own right.
I hope it's better than J. Edgar. I had to watch it for a class and most people did not like it. I have no problem with slow-paced movies with lots of dialogue but I found myself just wanting the movie to end.

if thats what daniel day lewis sounds like as lincoln then it must be for a reason , DUDE IS INTENSE .

walked around with a top hat for months before gangs of new yorks....his performance in there will be

blood is also very good

The trailer sucked because Spielberg's directing doesn't lend itself well to quick transitions and flashy quotes that trailers are normally made of. I think the movie is going to be great, just don't like the trailer.

What yall know bout NT's LINCOLN?

movie was GREAT. saw a free promo showing yesterday. The first scene was :smokin . There are definitely a few scenes that feature black soldiers in a positive light that made me feel pretty good. Definitely portrayed Lincoln as a GREAT man

for some reason they didnt show him getting shot, which I thought would have been a monumental scene

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom