Spending the weekend in Portland in May -- Where to Stay/ What to do?

My girl and I are going to be in Portland the weekend of May 15.  I've been several times for work but never spent a weekend there.

Any suggestions on where to stay?  Preferrably somewhere near a lot of bars/ lounges.

How bout some things to check out?  
nerd.gif

The courtyard city center it’s on the max line which can take you to the airport, sneaker spots and bars. Around 100.00 a night which is a good price for around that time

The coast isn't anything to special, but if you really want to make the trek out there I would suggest Cannon Beach. It is a nice little town with haystack rock in the ocean and you can walk out there during low tide and check out the tide pools. Be prepared for cold weather and wind out there though since the water stays around 52 degrees.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

The coast isn't anything to special, but if you really want to make the trek out there I would suggest Cannon Beach. It is a nice little town with haystack rock in the ocean and you can walk out there during low tide and check out the tide pools. Be prepared for cold weather and wind out there though since the water stays around 52 degrees.

Prolly the first time I've heard someone say the Oregon Coast is nothing too special.  I'll check out Astoria and drive as far south as Cannon Beach.

Thanks for the suggestion.  My boy told me the drive further south is even better.  I don't have that kind of time though. 

Originally Posted by bruza

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Prolly the first time I've heard someone say the Oregon Coast is nothing too special.  I'll check out Astoria and drive as far south as Cannon Beach.

Thanks for the suggestion.  My boy told me the drive further south is even better.  I don't have that kind of time though. 
Yeah I would say it is nicer once you get south of Lincoln City, it is good scenery but I just hate that it is cold.  Since you don't have the time though you should be good with the drive from Astoria to Cannon Beach.

Back
Top Bottom