Spirit Airlines ? Is it that bad ?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by JordanKing Xi

on a personal note, iv been traveling by myself since i was 14, United or American airlines.

no other things ladies and gentlemen

whoopdi freakin doo 

laugh.gif

I've never used them but I just booked Chi to Vegas on Spirit. It was stupid cheap and I'll be packing light. I believe they're as bad as everyone says, but I'd rather spend the money when I get there. It's a straight flight, 2.5 hrs. How bad could it be.

I flew Spirit from San Diego to Las Vegas (only about 45min) and it was BAD. I like to think of them as the Greyhound of airlines. There is no leg room whatsoever, but this really does give you the sense of "You get what you pay for". First ever airline that charges for a carry on bag (anything larger than a backpack). Considering all of this, I can't complain - the flight from San Diego to Las Vegas was last minute, and I got the flight for $1 - Yes, $1 - it is not a typo. Ended up being just under $20 after taxes and such. Pretty awesome, regardless of the comfort factor, for a 45 minute flight.

In April 2010, I flew from LAX to PR cause we found tickets that we're extremely cheap. Just under $300. All the times I've been to PR this was the cheapest i've ever seen so of course we took it. But its true what everyone says you get what you paid for. From my experience, the seats are extremely uncomfortable. Didn't recline, head-rest didn't move and the cushioning on the seat was almost non existent. The space between seats was noticeably smaller than other airlines. Its like the shaved off an extra inch or two on every row just so they can get an extra row in on the plane. When you get to the airport to check in, the lines were long due to an understaffed front desk you and in order to use a kiosk to check in you had to pay. And on top of that they were about to adopt a new policy that summer where you had to pay for you carry on's and for them to print out your boarding pass! Overall a very uncomfortable flight and I would never fly them again no matter how cheap the flight was.

funny this thread pops up, but me and the hommies was in the vegas for the weekend and they tried cancelling our flight the night before we were set to leave. of course we denied there request

but the messed up thing, my cousins from arizona got there flight cancelled so they had to drive home. smh at this airline.

next time we are flying jetblue no matter what.

Went to MIA from DC, worst flights of my life! Both trips the planes were late, coming back 5 hrs because get this ... the plane went to the wrong airport. The seats had all kinds of writing on them, nazi symbols and curse words. Think twice about using Spirit, in the end it cost just as much if not more than the other flights listed.

I got a flight from LA to Vegas a few months back and it was by far the worst experience I ever had traveling. It started out with a delay on the departure which wasn't so bad cause we were all pumped and down to get %*@#*% up before the early flight anyways. But when the weekend ended and the hangover from the past 3 days was settling in, we decide to check our flight status and it says that @%*+ is cancelled. We call the airlines and they were the absolute worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. The guy barely spoke English, and you could tell he's had to deal with unhappy people time and time again and although he barely spoke any English, he had the most perfect and robotic responses 
laugh.gif
. Ended up telling me I wouldnt be able to get a flight that day and that I may be charged to reschedule my flight for tomorrow
laugh.gif
. After 45 minutes of straight talking/*****ing at this dude I finally was able to get a flight, free of charge.

I then go to my flight the following day and that @%*+ is delayed THREE HOURS. They apologized for the inconvenience and gave me a $5 gift card for the airport
roll.gif
roll.gif

It's honestly not even worth booking with this airline. Zero customer service, heartless people who dont care if you need to be back for work, the flight itself was pure turbulence for the entire duration, ugh just an AWFUL experience. I actually read somewhere that when their flights arent filled up and sold out or close to it that they will find a reason to delay the flight so that they can fill it up, as well as their Airplanes being close to finished which is why the price for flights is so cheap.

Dont Fly Spirit.

EDIT-- I dont know why this post came out all double spaced and +$%@
laugh.gif
.. that response took a minute too, my bad

I refuse to fly with them, and this is before the baggage fees came into place. They were ALWAYS late by hours, effff spirit.

The single worst flying experience I've ever had in my life and I fly quite often. Terribly cramped seats, overpriced food and drinks, and you gotta pay for anything and everything. Would much rather pay much more for a better flight or not go at all than fly with them again.

I paid 348 for three round trip tickets from Dallas to Vegas.

The flight there sucked but the flight back was in the emergency exit row so it was straight.

After bag fees we paid 576

I would have rather just flown Southwest.

If it was a short trip or a trip with no bags I might do it again but I would have to be desperate.

Man, now I'm really worried about my flight in July.

I got a feeling someone is getting cursed out at the airport.

Pay for printing out your boarding pass??? Pay for a carry on???

WHAT????

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Went to MIA from DC, worst flights of my life! Both trips the planes were late, coming back 5 hrs because get this ... the plane went to the wrong airport. The seats had all kinds of writing on them, nazi symbols and curse words. Think twice about using Spirit, in the end it cost just as much if not more than the other flights listed.
indifferent.gif

In 06 they were a good airline. Now terrible. I flew from Atl to Ft Lauderdale on NYE. The flight was smooth but the plane was cramped and dirty. They do charge for everything. Also the return flight was 2hrs late due to mechanical issues.

JetBlue always
Virgin if they got a better price

Southwest if the deal is amazing 

At this point I hate flying so much that I pay extra just to be on a decent airline

i used it last year to go from CHI to ATL with no issues and it was my first time with them. Spirit is not going to go out of business because one flight left without some people.

Spirit notified my gf at 4am that her 6am flight would be cancelled. Her being pissed was an understatement :lol: from that experience and reading about others, use spirit at your own risk

Last edited:
TSA and Spirit airlines would make your flying experience a nightmare. At least one of them you have control over.

The one time i flew Spirit was after a long *** Vegas weekend, had multiple delays so they could make sure they had a full flight. Nothin worse than hungover and wanting to just be home after a Vegas trip and that happening :lol: ever since then its been a hard no booking a spirit flight

Flew Spirit from LAX to Philly one a red eye to make it in for the Eagles parade. It was hands down the worst 5 hour flight of my life. I was cramped, seats were uncomfortable, and the tables behind the chairs were like steel plates and half the size of normal ones. You couldn't even lay your head down on the table to sleep. That will be the last time I fly Spirit. Pay the extra money and fly comfortably my guy. I will say that the flight attendant was a guy from Jamaica and his humor made you forget about how horrible the flight was for about 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom