Spiz'ike Midsole Cracking?

I have the Black/Red/Green (2nd OG pair) Spizikes, and ive had em for years, worn them like sum 30 times in all kinds of conditions and they still look fine only sum yellowing on the side pannel netting. Maybe its because i've also Cleaned and Conditioned them with sum Leather CPR every once in a while.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by roly2345

yeah all spiz'ikes, IIIs and IVs are cracking on the midsole, it sucks but I guess thats JB quality that we must deal with
dont forget the viii's

When will you guys learn that Jordans with foamy mid-soles are like gremlins they cant get wet. Moisture breaks them down the foam.

yep... they have cracked on me cept for the black/red/green. however...eventually they will crack!!!

Originally Posted by eltouha

thanks to the advice in this thread

before
15558_1274360868582_1516762134_701507_3762997_n.jpg

during
15558_1274360908583_1516762134_701508_5017928_n.jpg

after
15558_1281225160185_1516762134_716730_752920_n.jpg
I did the same thing to my pair. Prepped the whole midsole with acetone. Painted the midsole using angelus leather paint. After a couple wears the paint started chipping again. Did I do something wrong?

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

yeah all spiz'ikes, IIIs and IVs are cracking on the midsole, it sucks but I guess thats JB quality that we must deal with
dont forget the viii's

When will you guys learn that Jordans with foamy mid-soles are like gremlins they cant get wet. Moisture breaks them down the foam.

that has nothing to do with anything.....i have 01 black cement 3s and there is no paint chipping at all.....my friend has 03 8s that he beat to the ground yet there is no paint chipping on those....it has nothing to do with water.....its the way jb is painting the midsoles.....no one is talking about the foam breaking down

My King County Spizikes are cracking on the midsole but my true blue and cement spizikes are fine. 

Originally Posted by Air Kalo

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif
SO i got my employee to get on a live chat with nike and i told him to speak about his midsole cracking with his CDP 3 and this is what they said:

Jason: Hi, my name is Jason. How may I help you?
Message.gif
Tony Joseph: Hi Jason. I recently wore my Air Jordan Collezione 3 for the third time, and i've noticed the midsole begin to crack very quickly. Is this normal? I really expected these to last really long before this happened.
Message.gif
Jason: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get them from Nike.com or a store?
Message.gif
Tony Joseph: They were only used for normal walking. I paid $340 for these!!!
Message.gif
Jason: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you get them from Nike.com or a store?
Message.gif
Jason: Hello?
Message.gif
Tony Joseph: yes
Message.gif
Tony Joseph: footlocker
Message.gif
Jason: You will have to contact our Claims Department at 1-800-344-6453. They are open M-F 7am - 4pm PST. They will be able to help you return your shoes. You will need to choose option 9 to speak with an agent.
Message.gif
Tony Joseph: well is there anything i can do?
Message.gif
Jason: No, sorry. You can return them or keep them as is, sorry.

Alert.gif
Jason has disconnected.

laugh.gif
I was cracking up when I read this because Nike is ruthless with their products, honestly they really dont care. Like for real, return them? A year and a half later?
laugh.gif

LOL

I have the White/cements and the black/red/green spizikes and none of mine are cracking yet. I have these shoes in rotation too.

had my cements since they dropped.  it took a long time, but sometime during the last 2 or 3 wears they have started pealing.  its minimal, but i know it will get worse.

Yeah my cool greys spizikes are cracking but not as bad as my aqua xiii's I only wore those a few times and there looking badd.. I have the white and orange ones witch I play ball in and those are fine.. my iii's cracked a lot to but I put a lot of wear time with those.. the quailty is getting bad with these over priced kicks.. were sneaker heads so no matter what we still buy them..

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

dont forget the viii's

that has nothing to do with anything.....i have 01 black cement 3s and there is no paint chipping at all.....my friend has 03 8s that he beat to the ground yet there is no paint chipping on those....it has nothing to do with water.....its the way jb is painting the midsoles.....no one is talking about the foam breaking down

Paint chipping is caused by they flexing of the foam parts. Once the foam "breaks down" and the paint has nothing to adhere to. I know I said Jordans at first but in reality this goes for any shoe with a foamy mid-sole. If you step in and out of moisture the foam will gradually absorb moisture. To be honest they will aborb moisture in the air.

Back
Top Bottom