Sporting News' NBA Athlete of the Decade: Kobe Bryant, SG, Lakers

Nice.....Congrats KB24
pimp.gif

i don't think it could have been Shaq. obviously he was dominant in the first part of the decade, but the media is not going to give him an award whenhe's been making a mockery of himself the last few years.

it could have been either Kobe or Duncan... and considering Kobe just capped off the decade with a chip and Finals MVP, while Duncan got knocked out in thefirst round.. #24 gets the nod.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

How can you be Athlete of the Decade when you were Player of the Year one time in the decade while two other players were Player of the Year twice in the decade?

The hell?
Could be argued that while Shaq/Duncan were players of the year twice, they weren't top 3, or even top 5 for the whole decade. Kobe on theother hand, while he wasn't the top player every year, he was top 3 or top 5.

I see what you're saying, but still, just because they won twice doesn't mean they should auto be the player of decade.

Kobe or Duncan is a toss-up but it's safe to say Kobe finished the decade stronger; Duncan is just not the same player anymore

Yea Duncan & Kobe is 1a 1b...Shaq can take that third spot.
Could be argued that while Shaq/Duncan were players of the year twice, they weren't top 3, or even top 5 for the whole decade. Kobe on the other hand, while he wasn't the top player every year, he was top 3 or top 5.

This. Not too hard to comprehend....although Duncan was only not Top-5 caliber this past year.

But yea, Kobe was number b/c of his sustained excellence throughout the whole decade...Shaq been fell off by 05, LeBron didnt truly reach this level ofgreatness until 06...

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

How can you be Athlete of the Decade when you were Player of the Year one time in the decade while two other players were Player of the Year twice in the decade?

The hell?
Because Kobe was either the second or third best player when he wasn't Player of the Year. You can't say that about Timmy or Shaq.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Point blank nobody out of that list was as captivating as Kobe Bryant. I am in agreement with TSN's choice.
What ?

Come on now Shaq during the 3 peat wasn't captivating? Dude was putting up 40 & 20 during like the first 2 years of the 3 peat.
40 and 20 is a bit of an exaggeration, but I wouldn't argue with Shaq or Timmy. At this point, Kobe is the popular choice and he'll getmore web hits/sell more magazines

Back
Top Bottom