Sports Conspiracy Theories

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Also The Decision was made before the season ended imo 

eh not a conspiracy if its true
laugh.gif

Refs of all sports are definitely influenced by outside forces (Mafia, league officials, individuals with lots of money)

College revenue sports are corrupt, and nobody cares.

Boxing 'feuds' are manufactured and thus lame.

Didn't Lebron announce he would be wearing a different number the next season before the decision?

He wore 23. Only 2 teams have 23 retired... Bulls and Heat.

Originally Posted by wizards23

Didn't Lebron announce he would be wearing a different number the next season before the decision?

He wore 23. Only 2 teams have 23 retired... Bulls and Heat.

But Lebron wouldn't need to announce he's changing his number if he went to Miami or Chicago.. he would just change it since 23 is retired.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

But Lebron wouldn't need to announce he's changing his number if he went to Miami or Chicago.. he would just change it since 23 is retired.

What ? That made no sense...23 isn't retired in the entire NBA ... You just in certain teams. How the hell did Toney Douglas get it then ? No. He knew where he was going...the heat and bulls are the only teams that have it retired.. and we know where he ended up..Edit : I just got you . He shouldve just stayed quiet I get you , but he basically said it its coincidental that the team he went to already had it retired you get me?

INB4 someones posts bout the Kings getting robbed by Lakers, followed by Lakers fans mocking Kings fans and talking about how they were handed the game before game 6
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

What did Karl Malone say at the free throw line?

I remember watching NBA Inside Stuff with Ahmad Rashad on Saturday mornings and one day he asked Malone what he used to say and he said something along the lines of  "C'mon, baby. Let me feel the ball on my hands/through my fingers." 

the truth would prolly bug some folks

lets use the common sense

jordan owed alot of money to some people

and dude had to step out for a while to avoid a big mess.

30t6p3b.gif
at you guys talking about Jordan's dad in connection with his gambling. And you guys really think Stern would suspend Jordan for 2 whole years? He was beginning to be all over the media and was the darling of the NBA. Not to mention, the league was skyrocketing already with Jordan at the helm. Why would Stern suspend his star player for 2 years?

That's like the NBA suspending Durant or Lebron for two years out of the blue. Think of the animosity that would unsettle
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

This is Michael Jordan we're talking about here. His personality doesn't lend well to him bowing out and "sitting" for 2 years.

Agreed.

It's not like it matters how well or poorly players take it when they get suspended.

I'm sure he'd rather do what he did instead of getting blasted for his gambling. I'm sure Stern would've liked that too. The biggest star in the NBA doesn't take an image hit, but still serves time for something he (possibly) did.

IF that's what happened.

I don't get the Stern 1985 draft team logo pick thing. Can someone else explain to me clearer.

Also, there was a ton of fixed fights in PRIDE. For those of you unaware, PRIDE was a MMA promotion in Japan that is now closed.

Mark Coleman vs. Nobuhiko Takada is the one that comes to mind the most as it's the most famous one. In an interview Coleman was asked about it and he just answered by saying that he had a family to feed.

Also Rampage said that the promoters offered Rampage money to not tap out if he got caught in a submission by Kazushi Sakuraba when they fought. Rampage said the money he was offered to not tap out wasn't enough. In the fight Sakuraba caught Rampage in a submission and Rampage tapped out, so he didn't get the money they offered him to not tap out.

Gary Goodridge was asked about worked fights in PRIDE and he said that in the beginning of PRIDE a lot of fights were fixed and that if it looked like a fixed fight then it most likely was fixed.

Takada wasn't a very good fighter and whatever fights he won, were most likely fixed.

They say the corner of the envelope that Stern pick was bent purposely so he can decipher which one to choose.
Also heard that the envelope was put in the freezer. Just rumors I've heard..

Originally Posted by odog24

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

The boycott of Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf.
frown.gif

not many ppl know about this. which is a little sad.
Yeah, kinda surprised me too. I still remember reading about in on the morning paper the next day. Chris Jackson was the dude.

Back
Top Bottom