Sprint Mogul vs Blackberrry Pearl

Alright, I'm about to sign up for SERO, but I'm stuck on which phone to buy, the Mogul I really like the keyboard and touch screen, the pearl is verynice too, I've seen both in person but only used the BB Pearl which was quite nice. The Mogul is 200, the Pearl is 130.

Are there any Pros/Cons that one has the other doesn't that are important to know???

thanks

I have the Mogul so I can only give you insight on that model.

I like it, it's alright but the only thing I don't like about it is I can't send pictures.

You'd think a big nice fancy phone like this and it can't do that even.

Free crappy phones the companies give out can send pictures, but this high end phone can't.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good phone.

I had it less than two weeks and it fell in my toilet bowl, and I had to get a refurbished one.

Oh I don't know about any of that extra hibby jibby things you kids are into nowadays.

Mine is just stock like how it came out the box.

My girl has one too and we mostly talk/text to each other like two idiots we are.

If you find somewhere where you can do stuff to the phone please share.

I've seen people online who have there phones hooked up with all the bells and whistles, but mine is still stock.

I have a mogul(using it right now) and I don't know anything about the blackberry.

I love this device...phone, internet, checks my emails, full qwerty, many downloadable apps(IM apps, games...)...

Only downside is the screen transition period when you slide the phone open...can take up to two second...

The Pearl will cost $30 more per month.

That's enough to keep me away from any BB Sprint has to offer.

IMO, you should go with whichever phone gets you the biggest $ return on eBay (w/o rebate since you'll no longer have the device) and buy the HTC Touch,also on eBay.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what the Treo 800w is like.

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

where are you getting the mogul for 200, if you don't mind my asking.

the sero website, when i go to check out it says -200 savings, then i put in URANG, and it gives me $50 in invoice credits.
Thanks for the advice PIW, Ithink i'm gonna go with the mogul, can always change phones later on if I'm not feeling it.

Wait for the treo 800w, blackberry pearl looks like a girlyman (not ladies man) phone

blackberries *****.
seriously, peep the 33 page thread.
youll thank us later
smile.gif

i have the mogul and i recently added tomtom, u can find everything for this phone, the only problem im having is the screen freezes occasionally but since upaying only 30 a month for sero its worth it

Originally Posted by derrty6232

I have a mogul(using it right now) and I don't know anything about the blackberry.

I love this device...phone, internet, checks my emails, full qwerty, many downloadable apps(IM apps, games...)...

Only downside is the screen transition period when you slide the phone open...can take up to two second...

which really isnt a problem at all

this really is a no brainer

The Mogul is a cool phone. I had a blackberry before and was thinking about switching back. But, my life revolves around Microsoft Outlook and this puppywirelessly syncs with it. Plus, I am not paying an extra 30 bucks for a blackberry plan. Get the Mogul, you won't regret. I also have SERO and the planplus taxes plus 7 dollars insurance it comes out to 47 bucks.

Cmon man...Mogul and Pearl are no comparison...I have a mogul and my girl has a Pearl...shouldnt that tell you enough?

tom tom is the navigation, u have to upgrade ur memory and buy a receiver............ receviver is like 40 memory is like 20 for 2 gigs

id say mogul...BBs are cool but WM devices are far more customizable... go wit the mogul... plus the get the gps update comin...

soon as i get a job im coppin one and ditchin my 700wx... 800wx is rumored to drop in like april but theres no pics just specs so im not waitin for somethin ihavent seen... plus i wannt go back to the sliding keyboard... i miss my widescreen...lol... this little box aint cuttin it no more...

i got the mogul and i have no complaints at all. when i slide mine, i get no latency with the screen like said above

the Blackberry CURVE should be coming to Sprint sometime soon I think but have no confirmation.

I just remember seeing about a month ago on a few sites that it was rumored the curve was coming sometime Quarter 1 to Sprint.

Would suggest googling & finding out.

the mogul is a pos imo that lags like a mofo. if you look on any phone forum, almost everyone hates it. the bb pearl for sprint is going to cost you extraabove the sero plan because sprint requires you to purchase a bb plan in order to use all of the bb features. the htc touch, moto q9c, and the treo (outdatedbut still awesome) are probable the best pdas out for the sprint sero plan. i have a q9c and it lags, but way less than the mogul. the touch is nice and youWILL get used to the touch keypad on it.

Has anyone figured out how to send pics on this phone it can do so much crap, but it can't send pictures.

The free crappy phones that companies give you can send pictures and the damn Mogul can't.

Man what a headache! At first I was doing it on the website, I selected my number to port in the beginning, and that causes an error, so I went to my localstore and they said I was getting the error on the website because I was trying to port my # over, and it doesn't ask for the account number of my currentcarrier, so they said I should go to the corporate store, so I cruised 2 miles over to it. The sales person there told me that the SERO plan was difficult toorder to if i didn't use the website, and that he could set up everything except for the $30 a month plan, but instead including insurance I would have thesame plan but it would be $47 a month with a 27% discount he was hooking me up with
pimp.gif
, AND on top of that I would have to put a $250 deposit becauseI'm 18.

So the total I would have to pay would be like 600~, I decided to go with it thinking i'm prob have to pay a deposit no matter where I go so might as wellget a legit phone, but then when I came back from the bank he had another customer that was taking forever, so I bounced after 20 minutes and said I'llcome back tomorrow.

I checked the website again and tried to process it, but this time I didn't tell it I wanted to port my #, and later on a screen comes up for it that'swhen I'm supposed to enter my #! DOH, So I put the info in and it went through, got the mogul $200 savings with coupon + $100 dollar rebate, plus $50invoice credits
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, unlimited texting, unlimited data, 500 whenev. minutes, unlimited nights + weekends, and insurance for $37 a month AND freeovernight shipping saved myself like $250 instead of doing it through the store
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom