sprint users... ETF cancellations are free.... update beaware of new $5/month fee

So lets say I have an active Sprint number and I wanna bring it to another carrier but I want to take advantage of the no ETF. Do I need to port the numberover first and then go back to Sprint and say I'm not paying the ETF because of the rate increase or call Sprint and say I want to cancel my number with noETF but I want to port the number over?

Originally Posted by langfor5

So lets say I have an active Sprint number and I wanna bring it to another carrier but I want to take advantage of the no ETF. Do I need to port the number over first and then go back to Sprint and say I'm not paying the ETF because of the rate increase or call Sprint and say I want to cancel my number with no ETF but I want to port the number over?

Call them and make sure you can still do it. Tell them that you're porting the number. They'll ask you to call back after it's done. Then begin toport the number.

After the number is ported, call and say that you'd like to cancel your account. They'll say that they're going to send you a bill with the ETF.Ask them to wipe it off your account because you're canceling because of the change, and then you should only have to pay the remaining balance of whateverwas left before the cancellation.

just to be clear...I only have up until the 31st to do this, right????

I'mma call tomorrow from work
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

My fellow Sprint subscribers might wanna check out this spending limit fee thing. Apparently if you have an account with a spending fee limit on it, sprint is gonna start charging a fee of 4.99 a month, unless, you sign up for automatic bill pay. Seems as if Sprint is trying their best to lose customers.

This was true with me.
But i called CS to review my account since I have been on good terms with them. So after reviewing, they removed the spending limit from my account.
No Fee FTW!
pimp.gif

PO

Is there anything better than my SERO 1500 $60/mo plan?

That's $5/mo extra charge is BS, I'm gonna call customer service and see what the deal is.

SIKE!!!

them jigs tried to play me---till I actually LOOKED at my bill and saw that it was .40 and now it's .80
indifferent.gif
Ol' girl said, (like ya'll did) I have until the 1st. I'mma do it tomorrow though so I don't have no real down time w/o a phone.

I am not heavy in the phone business, so I am still using the 300 mins plan for $39. I called them a few months ago and threatened to become a free agent and they gave me $10 each bill for the next 13 months (expires Sept '10). So I don't think this really affects me to be honest

Question, is there a way to get out of an ETF after you've already received it? Sprint sent me an ETF for $235 even though I've been a customer for 2 years
indifferent.gif

I don't feel that I owe it because after I reported them to the Better Business Bureau for overcharging me, they canceled my service, but I still received my monthly bills
which came out to $0.00 a month.

Fast Forward 5 months and Sprint sends me an ETF for $235 after they discontinued service to my phone
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Is there any way to get out of this without having to pay that much or anything at all?

Originally Posted by Im Soooo Hungry

Question, is there a way to get out of an ETF after you've already received it? Sprint sent me an ETF for $235 even though I've been a customer for 2 years
indifferent.gif

I don't feel that I owe it because after I reported them to the Better Business Bureau for overcharging me, they canceled my service, but I still received my monthly bills
which came out to $0.00 a month.

Fast Forward 5 months and Sprint sends me an ETF for $235 after they discontinued service to my phone
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Is there any way to get out of this without having to pay that much or anything at all?
No. For two reasons.

1. You didn't request that your service be canceled. They did that for you. You cannot legally be charged for a service you didn't request.
2. You were sent bills until you reached the two year mark, after which time the ETF is no longer required by contract.

You can handle this two ways.
1. Call them, tell them that you were charged an ETF after they canceled your service for you. Then demand that it be wiped from their records and report them to the BBB.
2. Call them and say that you were under the impression that their terms of service have recently changed, and therefore they cannot charge you an ETF for canceling your service.

They're trying to get over you. Don't allow it.

Just called in and got 20 bucks off a month for the next 2 years. LOVELY. $480 and I had no intention of leaving anyhow. LOL Sprint FTW!

EDIT: Sprint was not trying to hear it when I called in about my parent's SERO plan though. No go. lol

Question, did this end for January, or can I still call?

I'm asking here because I'm about to upgrade my phone (lost it) and will be entering a 2 year agreement. I'd like to just call a day later, if not the same day, and cancel the ETF.

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I'm asking here because I'm about to upgrade my phone (lost it) and will be entering a 2 year agreement. I'd like to just call a day later, if not the same day, and cancel the ETF.

I'm pretty sure I remember the guy I talked to saying that it ended in January, but you can always call and ask if you can still cancel the account without paying an ETF.

Say that you're calling for a friend who broke his cell phone.

Originally Posted by soltheman

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I'm pretty sure I remember the guy I talked to saying that it ended in January, but you can always call and ask if you can still cancel the account without paying an ETF.

Say that you're calling for a friend who broke his cell phone.

The Rep told me its 30 days from when your bill is printed. Mine was on the 7th, so I have until Feb. 7th to leave. YMMV though.

Back
Top Bottom