SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
The secret identity think hasn't been a really important idea in the MCU

Because their hasn’t been as many heroes and to counteract as many villains. Now that Marvel studios has a lot of establishment under its belt in terms of characters I believe going forward we’re gonna see a lot of the more common Spider-Man tropes. The elevation of danger goes up when heroes want to get to Peter by going through his loved ones and that’s a great way to segue Peter now into a more mature Spider-Man.

Agree to disagree. I'm just one of those people that saw it weekend of release, in a time where CBMs weren't as prevalent, and thought it exceeded my expectations at the time. The 3rd film was a huge disappointment and is part of the reason I didn't look forward to the Andrew Garfield portrayals. I probably wouldn't have cared much for Homecoming either, but that quick appearance in Civil War hooked me to the direction MCU was going with Spidey.

I saw it opening night. There hasn’t been a Spider-Man movie I haven’t seen opening night, including Spider-Man ‘02. Hindsight is 50/50 and at the time I can’t lie, the film was EVERYTHING. But it’s aged horribly. It’s weird though because nostalgia only affects Raimi’s first 2 Spider-Man films but I vividly remember Spider-Man 3 being loved for years for its action even though the problems with Topher Grace as Venom were always a vocal issue. Regardless, Raimi’s take on Spider-Man is horrible when compared to what Watts and even Webb did with the character on film. He made Peter a pathetic crybaby.

Into the Spider-Verse >>>

Close but nah

Lol throw your phone out of a moving car going 95

Would that make it any less true?

I'm actually becoming a bit annoyed that the Uncle Ben angle has not introduced itself.

Yes we know Spidey's origin but that pathos and guilt is critical and key tontur character.

Now it seems it may be really be played up with Tony's death as far as his motivation.

I'm actually becoming a bit annoyed that the Uncle Ben angle has not introduced itself.

Yes we know Spidey's origin but that pathos and guilt is critical and key tontur character.

Now it seems it may be really be played up with Tony's death as far as his motivation.

I’ll pretend I didn’t just read this... smh

The Uncle Ben angle has plenty of chances to at least be mentioned. I think there’s a good chance we here his name in FFH at least. Peter is gonna have to cope with the death of Tony so there should be some reference to how he’s dealt with Ben’s death.

giphy.gif

Why not just rank it second then? :lol:

I do rank it 2nd

But those 2 are clearly the top 2 for me.. like clear clear

I loved raimi's first 2 films when they were released but now when I watch, they haven the aged well.. and the raimi stuff sticks out and I like raimi, but I prefer dark man and his evil dead films along with army of darkness

Keeping it real for a second, I'm tired of Uncle Ben. **** him and his rice. I love Spider-Man but I am tired of his origin story. I'm glad they're treating it like everybody knows. The only time I want to hear about Uncle Ben is Marisa Tomei touching herself and saying his name.

Reactions: wr
If anything I’m more interested in Uncle Ben than ever before solely because he was tapping prime Marissa Tomei. **** we might need a backstory movie :lol:

Wonder if he met her on Hilman campus...

6AE0E541-57AE-4E80-843D-76D9521F779A.jpeg

AEEDB4EA-02C5-44D7-8D65-447AA4730003.jpeg

FF095BD2-DFE2-49A8-9F55-3CE86C196ABC.jpeg

Unc was creeping on them HBCU campuses. Ain’t hard to see where Pete gets his flava from with the chocolate women :nthat:

Didn't some folks in here say Brad Pitt should play Uncle Ben?
Right after Marisa got cast as Aunt May?

:lol:

I've seen a lot of Spidey fans happy with this. How exactly does this benefit us? What if whoever takes her spot decides that they don't want to continue the Marvel deal? Wasn't Pascal a huge part of getting Spidey in the MCU?

Pascal will still be overseeing the Spider-Man deal between Sony and Marvel. After what Marvel has just done with Endgame and the unfathomable box office run it’s on combined with Spider-Man: Far From Home poised to be the first billion dollar grossing Spider-Man film in July, Spider-Man will stay in the MCU for a very long time.

I've seen a lot of Spidey fans happy with this. How exactly does this benefit us? What if whoever takes her spot decides that they don't want to continue the Marvel deal? Wasn't Pascal a huge part of getting Spidey in the MCU?

Pascal was still the top suit at Sony when she brokered the deal.

She got the boot not long afterwards.

LOL!!! For more context, I meant after seeing Spiderman 2 at the time. Spiderman 3 further justified that thought and i didn't care for Garfield's portrayals. Homecoming is up there for me, and if we're considering animated features then of course Into the Spider-Verse is up there. I know Spiderman 2 has now been surpassed but at the time, especially following Raimi's 3rd film, I couldn't have imagined it.

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME Trailer Will Be Accompanied By A Spoiler Warning For AVENGERS: ENDGAME

The new trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home has been classified, and we've been told by a reliable source that it will be online this Monday.

Many fans have speculated that this latest look at the Spidey sequel will spoil the events of Endgame, and that appears to be the case. According to Trailer Track, the teaser will be accompanied by a special message from star Tom Holland, warning viewers that the footage will contain spoilers for the Marvel superhero epic.

Back
Top Bottom