SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Hardy needs to look at what he does extremely well..

along with his height and build and be honest with himself about which superhero role is best suited for him

1620669941221.jpeg

The first one was an unintentional comedy. I’ll look at this one in the same light
I think most of the comedy was intentional tbh. Movie was straight goofy a lot of the time.

I wasn’t mad at it... cool to see actors like Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams do some screwball stuff once in a while. Also because I never cared too much for Venom and his lore anyway :lol:

I think most of the comedy was intentional tbh. Movie was straight goofy a lot of the time.

I wasn’t mad at it... cool to see actors like Tom Hardy and Michelle Williams do some screwball stuff once in a while. Also because I never cared too much for Venom and his lore anyway :lol:
I think what they wanted to be funny fell flat while the other things they wanted to be serious was a joke. Just my take

Spider man is a small part to Venoms story.

In the comics venom becomes hogake of all the symbiote race and even joins the guardians of the galaxy

The first movie was okay. I have hopes for the sequel though. I just want it to be a bit more serious with a more suspense.

Spider man is a small part to Venoms story.

In the comics venom becomes hogake of all the symbiote race and even joins the guardians of the galaxy
You just skipped years worth of storylines to say Spider-Man is a small part of his background.

And the Venom that joined GoTG wasn’t Eddie Brock FYI.

You just skipped years worth of storylines to say Spider-Man is a small part of his background.

And the Venom that joined GoTG wasn’t Eddie Brock FYI.

Nothing in comics is canon so it doesn't matter. Sony can take venom in so many directions without spiderman.

Nothing in comics is canon so it doesn't matter. Sony can take venom in so many directions without spiderman.
What does that first part even mean?

That Sony can just do anything with Venom and ignore the comics?

I mean the stuff you brought up about Venom was a recent story that was mainly pushed by Marvel cuz of who was writing it.

It's not like Venom has tons of great stories in comics cuz he doesn't. One of the best ones revolves around how terrible a person Eddie Brock is and him getting cancer and dying (all told in Spider-Man comics). He's always basically been evil Spider-Man. They just change to what degree to make him an anti-hero. He doesn't have a notable rogues gallery, his biggest villain is just as much a Spider-Man villain.

The main reason ppl keep theorizing, wanting, and clamoring for a Spidey connection is cuz the best stories with Venom are Spider-Man stories.

What does that first part even mean?

That Sony can just do anything with Venom and ignore the comics?

I mean the stuff you brought up about Venom was a recent story that was mainly pushed by Marvel cuz of who was writing it.

It's not like Venom has tons of great stories in comics cuz he doesn't. One of the best ones revolves around how terrible a person Eddie Brock is and him getting cancer and dying (all told in Spider-Man comics). He's always basically been evil Spider-Man. They just change to what degree to make him an anti-hero. He doesn't have a notable rogues gallery, his biggest villain is just as much a Spider-Man villain.

The main reason ppl keep theorizing, wanting, and clamoring for a Spidey connection is cuz the best stories with Venom are Spider-Man stories.

The first part means that Spider-Man isn't needed in order to tell a story about Venom.

Since comic book character is written by several different writers with mutiple diffetent stories, universes, and worlds that conflict each other, Sony can cherry pick which stories of Venom they want to tell.

Sure we all want a venom and spiderman story but that doesn't mean Sony needs to do that in order to tell a story about Venom.

The first part means that Spider-Man isn't needed in order to tell a story about Venom.

Since comic book character is written by several different writers with mutiple diffetent stories, universes, and worlds that conflict each other, Sony can cherry pick which stories of Venom they want to tell.

Sure we all want a venom and spiderman story but that doesn't mean Sony needs to do that in order to tell a story about Venom.
I think the main thing is the current stories they're telling about Venom aren't good. They aren't doing it right.

Its the same problem they had when they forced it with SM3 and the reboot with ASM and its sequel. They weren't doing it right.

Sure they can tell any stories they want out of order with w/e take a director has but if its going to suck what's the point? It's not gonna make the most money it can and that just frustrates the fans and eventually the higher ups at Sony.

I think the main thing is the current stories they're telling about Venom aren't good. They aren't doing it right.

Its the same problem they had when they forced it with SM3 and the reboot with ASM and its sequel. They weren't doing it right.

Sure they can tell any stories they want out of order with w/e take a director has but if its going to suck what's the point? It's not gonna make the most money it can and that just frustrates the fans and eventually the higher ups at Sony.

Oh I agree with you that they're going to need spiderman and maybe even the MCU to make a good Venom movie (keyword good).

All I'm saying is that if they choose to continue making garbage Venom movies then they can do so without Spiderman.

Quote me when you can actually formulate a response with logic.
Oh I agree with you that they're going to need spiderman and maybe even the MCU to make a good Venom movie (keyword good).

All I'm saying is that if they choose to continue making garbage Venom movies then they can do so without Spiderman.
But the question to this is, how long can Sony do this and make a big profit? You know people will cry and complain about that.

This is why Sony needs to stop ****ing around and give us Kaine. You don’t need SM (physically) to tell any stories about Kaine (even tho they are clones lol).

Honestly the Spider-Family is getting bigger, they have a few people to use.
They can even use the Miguel got sent and stuck in the past route if they wanted to. Spidey 2099 would be interesting…

Back
Top Bottom