SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
RFX45 wrote:
Ok, he looks like Eddie Brock, so what? Dude can't act to save his life. 
Brock doesn't require that much range, a self absorbed meat-head photographer with a chip on his shoulder. I think Channing can handle this role more than sufficiently. 

i just hope that within my lifetime, Venom is treated the way one of the greatest villians ever deserves to be treated.

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

RFX45 wrote:
Brock doesn't require that much range, a self absorbed meat-head photographer with a chip on his shoulder. I think Channing can handle this role more than sufficiently. 
Have you seen his films? He can't make a single line believable. Dude also has that squinting, air-headed, stupid look. 
Whoever's playing Brock has to be bale to act, simple as that. 

Brock/Venom is an integral part of the SpiderMans universe, movies fail because the actors they choose sucks hard.

The villain can steal the movie and become memorable to make these movies half way decent.

Look at Neeson, Ledger, Eckhart and now Hardy in Batman.

Hiddleston as Loki, Bridges as Obadiah/Iron Monger, Weaving as Red Skull, Molina as Doc Ock, Dafoe as Green Goblin and even Strong as Sinestro (he was the best thing in the whole movie). 

Villains has to stand out and actually have some acting talent, you can't just throw actors out there that "fits" the character.

Cant Wait
pimp.gif

Sequel Is Scheduled To Release In 2014.

Originally Posted by RFX45

RFX45 wrote:
Have you seen his films? He can't make a single line believable. Dude also has that squinting, air-headed, stupid look. 

Brock/Venom is an integral part of the SpiderMans universe, movies fail because the actors they choose sucks hard.

The villain can steal the movie and become memorable to make these movies half way decent.

Hiddleston as Loki, Bridges as Obadiah/Iron Monger, Weaving as Red Skull, Molina as Doc Ock, Dafoe as Green Goblin and even Strong as Sinestro (he was the best thing in the whole movie). 

Villains has to stand out and actually have some acting talent, you can't just throw actors out there that "fits" the character.

wait wait wait wait. he was awesome in 21 jump st 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by RFX45

wait wait wait wait. he was awesome in 21 jump st 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And out of about 15+ films he has done that is the only one he was good at and it was mostly due to it being a comedy where he can just joke around. Put him in a scene where had to actually act and it's all downhill from there. He admitted it himself that he sucked and that he never took acting lessons at all and just goes to sets and tries to do his thing. 
laugh.gif

He was really good in Haywire and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints...where he's basically a less angry Eddie Brock.

Blame Step Up and Nicholas Sparks for dude's career so far, but it's turning around.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

He was really good in Haywire and A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints...where he's basically a less angry Eddie Brock.

Blame Step Up and Nicholas Sparks for dude's career so far, but it's turning around.

Just downloaded Haywire this weekend and watched it, he was less than memorable. They could have put anyone in that part and would have save them a million dollars or whatever they paid him. His death wasn't even believable. 
laugh.gif
 He was terrible in the Eagle, Dear John, GI Joe, Vow & Fighting. If dude didn't have a 6-pack and looked like Adam Sandler, he wouldn't be in any movie at all. 

laugh.gif
I thought he was good in Haywire. That first scene in the diner.
smokin.gif

That movie has a whole lot of other issues with the writing that made it all less than memorable, though.

But watch A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints...it's kinda like Basketball Diaries and he's legit great in that.
Way better than !%$!$*# Topher Grace.
30t6p3b.gif

RFX45 wrote:
No. Channing Tatum is a one-dimensional actor. 

Every time I see trailers for this movie..it grows on me even more..this is shapin up to b a great summer in terms of movie quality..

The directors for this new Spider-man really have showed me somethin so far
pimp.gif

Oh and Emma Stone is so bad
devil.gif

Tatum doesn't even look like Brock.  He's just white and has hair 
laugh.gif
.  They should hire a good actor.  I don't see the point in settling on someone who people think is bad.

I'm excited for this movie.
Though, it looks as if Connors wants to be a villain. All he ever wanted was to find a cure and doesnt control the lizard which we can't help to share sympathy for him.
I also don't like that Peter was meant for this as if it was pre-planned.
I love the web-shooters.
I can only hope the end scene is the Venom symbiote landing on earth somehow

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

i expect a secret second antagonist to pop up towards the end.

Dr. Ratha who's name was originally Van Atter is supposed to be the Proto-Goblin.

he may be the 2nd antagonist.

Back
Top Bottom