SPUMC Thread - RIP STAN LEE - ACROSS THE SPIDERVERSE out now

HOW WAS SPIDERMAN:HOMECOMING?

• It's a Masterpiece!!! (kiLLerisLame was right)

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • Not the Best but Top 5 Easily (like Lebron)

Votes: 44 25.1%
  • Above Average, Maybe Top 10 (butF4notBYKE)

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • Average (like Duff and Milana and M5s)

Votes: 27 15.4%
  • Terrible (this will get 1 vote and it's from AmeL w/ another L)

Votes: 8 4.6%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by onewearz

saw it yesterday with my son, thought it was ok.

felt too rushed, also didn't like how easily he reveals himself. why wear a mask then if you're gonna take it off every 5 minutes .

other than those sour old guy gripes i enjoyed it .........
QFT!!!!!!! I felt Toby McGuire was a better fit to play Peter Parker, this new guy was just too cool. This one was based off the comic, I like the one based off the cartoon series. This had good actions scene: I rank them Spiderman 2, 1, this one, and 3

Originally Posted by Dropten

Originally Posted by gentry187

Seen it last night. Solid movie. Only thing it was lacking was that famous uncle Ben speech. "With great power..."

I was waiting for it too. thought he would say it when parker listened to the whole voicemail unk Ben left.
I'm happy they didn't use it. It's a way to make this film different and stand alone, it's a small thing but everyone noticed it. No need to copy everything from the old films etc

"He's got you on his computer! I'm his parole officer."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Dropten

Originally Posted by gentry187

Seen it last night. Solid movie. Only thing it was lacking was that famous uncle Ben speech. "With great power..."

I was waiting for it too. thought he would say it when parker listened to the whole voicemail unk Ben left.
I'm happy they didn't use it. It's a way to make this film different and stand alone, it's a small thing but everyone noticed it. No need to copy everything from the old films etc
Its a central theme of Spider-Man tho. That phrase and event shapes Peter Parker into Spider-Man

I think I liked this one better than Spiderman 1 but Spiderman 2 was still a little bit better to me....Garfield was great as Peter Parker/Spiderman, he was awkward, cool, and had some humor as well...I thought this was really well done though, can't wait for the sequel...and Emma Stone
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Its a central theme of Spider-Man tho. That phrase and event shapes Peter Parker into Spider-Man

True.  It's probably the most famous quote in comic books.  I think everyone was waiting for it.  They could've found a way to fit it in without being corny.

Is it worth seeing this in 3D or will regular movie screen be fine?

plz reply kthx
edit: IMAX 3D it is.  Gonna catch a showing at 1:30.

still havent seen this, i want to see chracters that dont get alot of shine in the sequel though,
how dope would it be if they had the shocker in the next movie?

Potential spoiler

That movie is great! Better than the original spiderman 1. The spiderman is more like the current cartoon spiderman. He's not so much a geek but more like a outcast. Not a whimp but like a person who just can't fight. He stands up for himself and isn't afraid but he still gets beat up. The other spiderman was a straight nerd like it is suppose to be but this one is better. More modern. The uncle Ben death is WAAAY better and the actual web shooters. I like how they have Gwen Stacey as spideys girl instead of Mary Jane. Although she's the most popular, Gwen was first. Also they show spideys intelligence in one movie than in all the previous combined. I think the best showing of his intelligence was in the second and still best spiderman to date (was a great story). This movie shows how the people have a misconception of him and how he's not all loved and police friendly like he was in the original movies. 

saw it loved it....ASM>>>all three Tobey Spidermans

spoiler alert

Spoiler [+]
Really thought Gwen would die in this movie and not her father

wouldn't be cool if the Goblin talking to the Lizard at the last scene is really Peter Parker's Dad? Probably won't happen but

I liked Dennis O'Leary's character and wished he was in the sequel...but i guess the reason why they killed his character was to make room for Jameson when Parker works at the Daily Bugle

i really liked it too, it was better than the others.

Im surprised peter was so... cool tho

Spoiler [+]
but forreal who was that at the end of the movie after the credits
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

i really liked it too, it was better than the others.

Im surprised peter was so... cool tho

Spoiler [+]
but forreal who was that at the end of the movie after the credits
nerd.gif
Spoiler [+]
i think it was the goblin...i think peter parker's dad research accidentally created a formula to become the green goblin...that's why he asked the lizard did you tell peter what really happened to his father....that's my guess

Some concept art from the film.
xp4v2f.png
2yov4h4.png
2yn16k6.png

5peiqc.jpg

I was thinking, what if they made his suits in this franchise similar to IronMan, change/alter/upgrade it in every movie? 

It doesn't have to be a drastic change like the ones in the concept art but just different enough. 

I think I like that idea, the new suit doesn't have to have any helpful upgrades, just to keep it fresh per say.

What do you guys think?

I personally really value endings that leave you with something, so I think this would've been a better idea for the last scene (not the post-credits):

Spoiler [+]
Show Spidey swinging around the city, land, blast some webs and the camera pans to the guy's wrist to show the tattoo of Uncle Ben's killer. Maybe cut to Spidey saying a line. Cut to black. I hate generic endings like the one in this movie. I hope they don't turn the guy into one of the sequel's major villains. That seems like a tired '90s plot device.

As for the post credits

Spoiler [+]
This could be anyone and really lead to anything. Probably just some "representative" type or secondary villain. Seeing as how they emphasized the parents like never before, they could rework the story however - i.e. Osborn developing some type of advanced cure that winds up on Eddie Brock who becomes Venom, etc.

Definitely should have updates to the suit. He did damage the one he made so it would be a good opportunity to add something new to it, use different materials and colors.

Spoiler [+]
I like the fact that Peter built the web shooting device on his own. They were able to add some humor into the scene during the process.

movie was great, but there will always be something about that first spiderman movie that despite it not being an amazing movie, it holds sentimental value to me similar to the first xmen movie (not counting spawn).

just saw it today, enjoyed it way more than the tobey maguire one. the awkwardness of garfields peter parker was on point. the story felt more like a spider-man comic to me too. actually was thrilled when he first suited up no ayo; can't wait for a part 2. who's the last villain though
nerd.gif
?? magneto^
laugh.gif
 mindblown 

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

spider-man-credits_5101.jpg

I know who it is...
8vp4ee.jpg
laugh.gif
I'm sayin'. I see this pic and wonder if it was a priest.

No hints at all. That dude probably gonna end up being a henchman to the actual dude in the shadows. It's probably Gaunt
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom