St. Johns University NT'ers

so im a senior at St. Ray's HS in the Bronx... i just got a $10,000 a year scholarship to SJU.. anybody go there.. or know anybody there?.. basically ijust want some truthful, honest info bout the school from the inside.. overall i just wanna know how do you like the school?? its type expensive.. so, i wannaknow is it worth it?

any insight is definitely thankful...

i dont go there...know mad ppl who do

if you aint doin pharmacy um dont go
laugh.gif

I go there but I'm hoping to be out of there by Fall 09. The school has a good pharmacy program and a good career center. Everything else isn't sogreat. They do have a lot of money though so they give you a lot of free stuff and have some pretty good facilities and stuff. Some parts of the campus arenice but as far as academics, I'd say only Law school and Pharmacy are the way to go if you're gonna go there.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I go there but I'm hoping to be out of there by Fall 09. The school has a good pharmacy program and a good career center. Everything else isn't so great. They do have a lot of money though so they give you a lot of free stuff and have some pretty good facilities and stuff. Some parts of the campus are nice but as far as academics, I'd say only Law school and Pharmacy are the way to go if you're gonna go there.
yeah, that was one of the things that attracted me when i took a tour, the Career Center... i was thinking of taking something in Business.. iheard they give you a labtop for entering freshman.. i type always wanted to go there since i was lil i lovee Big East Bball. lol... but some ppl told me itsoverpriced.. good looks on your insight

It is very expensive. I hope you're getting financial aid. And yes they give you a free laptop, free umbrella, free flashdrive and free hoodie but as muchas you're gonna pay for tuition of course they're gonna give you all that stuff.

CUNY...

Dont waste your money..St. Johns is 16k a semester

CUNY, NYU, Columbia or going away are other options too. St.Johns is very expensive, CUNY is cheaper and has the same standards, maybe more??? If you are abronx dude.... hit up Lehman, or Fordham.

My friend who goes there says that they're very strict (Catholic school). You can get in trouble if you have condoms in your room. No same sex dorms.There's a curfew for some people if i remember right.

I don't think you should even take the 10g's into consideration. When I graduated h.s. a bunch of my friends and myself included were offered aroundthe same thing. They sent me a folder with details stating how much they were going to give me, then how much everything was going to be and how much I had topay. My brother got the same thing when he graduated h.s. but I think they offered him more.

Honestly...I tranferred from there into CUNY Honors COllege.....

best decision I EVER made... St.John's is overrated.... not worth that money whats so ever

your classmates usually wont be very intelligent and the school doesnt care about its students unless your some type of student leader

DONT DO IT

I Used to Go to St. John's. WORST University EVER. The school dosen't support it's students in anyway PERIOD. And They Don't really Give ANYMoney towards Financial AID either. Don't Do It go to CUNY Instead.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

so im a senior at St. Ray's HS in the Bronx... i just got a $10,000 a year scholarship to SJU.. anybody go there.. or know anybody there?.. basically i just want some truthful, honest info bout the school from the inside.. overall i just wanna know how do you like the school?? its type expensive.. so, i wanna know is it worth it?

any insight is definitely thankful...
what was your SAT score?

My brother goes there and a lot of friends, they like it and umm law school? Its 3rd tier so if your trying to do law go into another school for ur undergrad.Good "pre med" program , females r aight, if its 10 a semester id say do it, ain't nothing like private university education, u don't have toshare 1 microscope with 5 heads cough*cuny*cough. So yeah, take a tour, hit someone on fb up, its a decent school.

REAL TALK... You will get a job much faster than going to a CUNY school. With these private institutions you are pretty much paying for your grades ratherthan earning it. It doesn't take a genius to get above a 3.2 GPA in St. Johns. Don't take the easy/cheaper route, those extra few G's spent willbe totally worth it in the end.

I go there but I'm hoping to be out of there by Fall 09. The school has a good pharmacy program and a good career center. Everything else isn't so great. They do have a lot of money though so they give you a lot of free stuff and have some pretty good facilities and stuff. Some parts of the campus are nice but as far as academics, I'd say only Law school and Pharmacy are the way to go if you're gonna go there.

Nailed it. The academics are terrible for what you pay. And don't listen to people saying it will get you a job faster... St John's does not have agood rep as a private institution unless you are in the pharmacy program or Law School. Almost everybody gets into SJU and everybody who I knew when I wasthere got at least a 10k scholarship. They do that to make you feel special so you will go to their school

I defintly would not recommend it. I went there last year, and I transferred. The school is wayyyy too expensive even with your scholarship, and it's notworth it at all. It's not a great schoool academically, the dorm rules are beyond beat.. not many students go to the basketball either. If you're fromNew York I definitly woudn't go there either.

Don't go man, real talk.

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Nailed it. The academics are terrible for what you pay. And don't listen to people saying it will get you a job faster... St John's does not have a good rep as a private institution unless you are in the pharmacy program or Law School. Almost everybody gets into SJU and everybody who I knew when I was there got at least a 10k scholarship. They do that to make you feel special so you will go to their school
Very true....and we have gone there.... dont listen to the people who have NO IDEA what they are talking about because they never attended theplace....

St.Johns is a bad move.... I go to a CUNY and the education is great especially for my major....and in my field I will get a job WAY faster than I would havefrom St.Johns

good looks everyone on the responses.. especially ya that actually attended...
money is tight so imma take all this into consideration. thankss

Back
Top Bottom