Stacked teams forgotten in history --- vol. couldnt get it done

01-03' Sacramento Kings squads may not have been stacked on paper but got damn they were good. Best team in the L in 2002
30t6p3b.gif

01-03' Sacramento Kings squads may not have been stacked on paper but got damn they were good. Best team in the L in 2002
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

2001 116 Win Mariners who choked in playoffs. Brett Boone, Edgar Martinez, Rookie Ichiro, Carlos Guillen, Mike Cameron
1997 Mariners are more suspect:

Three hitters in their prime (two of them outstanding defensive players): Griffey, Buhner, Edgar
A-Rod (not in his prime, but hitting his stride)
Pitchers: Randy Johnson, Jamie Moyer, Jeff Fassero (all won at least 16 games)
Dan Wilson: one of the best defensive catchers of all time

And then there was the sorry bullpen....only 38 saves, spread across three closers, essentially.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

2001 116 Win Mariners who choked in playoffs. Brett Boone, Edgar Martinez, Rookie Ichiro, Carlos Guillen, Mike Cameron
1997 Mariners are more suspect:

Three hitters in their prime (two of them outstanding defensive players): Griffey, Buhner, Edgar
A-Rod (not in his prime, but hitting his stride)
Pitchers: Randy Johnson, Jamie Moyer, Jeff Fassero (all won at least 16 games)
Dan Wilson: one of the best defensive catchers of all time

And then there was the sorry bullpen....only 38 saves, spread across three closers, essentially.

before my time, but the Lakers of old with elgin baylor, jerry west, and wilt chamberlain didnt get it done

before my time, but the Lakers of old with elgin baylor, jerry west, and wilt chamberlain didnt get it done

Yeah, that Indians squad was redic.

And that 05 Yankee squad with the murderer's row was disgusting too. A-Rod, Jeter, Sheff, Giambi, Posada, Matsui, Cano....
sick.gif

Add in the pitching (which, ON PAPER was nice): Unit, Moose, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Wang, Mo out the pen... and you definitely have to say they were an epic fail.

Yeah, that Indians squad was redic.

And that 05 Yankee squad with the murderer's row was disgusting too. A-Rod, Jeter, Sheff, Giambi, Posada, Matsui, Cano....
sick.gif

Add in the pitching (which, ON PAPER was nice): Unit, Moose, Pavano, Kevin Brown, Wang, Mo out the pen... and you definitely have to say they were an epic fail.

04 Cubs.

Patterson, Nomar, Sosa, Lee, Ramirez, Alou, Walker,

Maddux, Prior, Wood, Clement, Zambrano.....

indifferent.gif

04 Cubs.

Patterson, Nomar, Sosa, Lee, Ramirez, Alou, Walker,

Maddux, Prior, Wood, Clement, Zambrano.....

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller, Stephen Jackson, Jamaal Tinsley, etc.

I still maintain till this day if it wasn't for the fight, they would have won the championship that year.

I had high hopes for that team

Originally Posted by PMatic

2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller, Stephen Jackson, Jamaal Tinsley, etc.

I still maintain till this day if it wasn't for the fight, they would have won the championship that year.

I had high hopes for that team

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

People keep telling me this but I don't think they would have gotten past the PISTONS that year.

PMatic wrote:
2004-2005 Indiana Pacers

People keep telling me this but I don't think they would have gotten past the PISTONS that year.

Shuges, might as well throw in the 04 Yanks as well and maybe even 03 when they had Weaver and Wells. Damn shame they didn't win one in those three years.

The Braves in the early and late 90s had some stacked offensive teams too.

I know a lot of you don't watch hockey but some teams that stand out like the 95 Red Wings who the Devils beat in the Finals, 99 Devils, the late 90s Penguins teams and the Capitals as of late.

Back
Top Bottom