Star athletes from your high school or college

Lou Williams, South Gwinnett High School 

He was a Senior and I was a freshman. Him and the Varsity basketball players would chill during all 4th quarter lunch and when it was done, they would go through the aisle and collect the garbage with trash can roller. People would ask for autographs and he would sign them all. He was real cool and chilled dude. Even caught a game they played against their "Rival". 

He's now with the Los Angeles Lakers and has two girlfriends, at the same time that knows of each other. 

dont know any star athletes but i went to highschool with vince staples :lol:

My boy you're from the Beach doe?? Man we gotta meet up so I can borrow your jewelry and let you pay the tab at some bars for the sake of fun.

Last edited:
Went to high school with Desmond Bryant of the Cleveland Browns. He was a cool dude in school, happy for him.

Grant hill went to one of my high schools. Only other one is Scottie Reynolds who played at Villanova until 2010. Went undrafted and is now playing in Israel.

Jon Jones, Arthur Jones, Chandler Jones went to the high school one town over from me. I played basketball against Chandler growing up since we were the same age. Then Arthur and Chandler were both at Syracuse while I was there. My sister now dates Jon/Arthur's best friend from childhood so she's attended Arthur's wedding and has seen/heard some wild things about Jon that I can't repeat. Feel bad for homie he's in enough trouble as is. Overall, this family has done well for themselves. UFC Champion and two Superbowl Champions. Pretty nuts. Their father is a pastor and their mother is legally blind but still attends some of their fights/games for the sounds.

Last edited:
My Pop Warner teammate (Marana Broncos) Kadeem Carey is a RB for the Chicago Bears but he went to Canyon Del Oro HS and I went to Mt View.

Kadeem and I both went to the UA along with a couple of current NBA/NFL players. Here are some I went to school alongside

Stanley Johnson (Detroit Pistons)
Aaron Gordon (Orlando Magic)
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Brooklyn Nets)
TJ McConnell (Philadelphia 76ers)
Solomon Hill (Indiana Pacers)
Derrick Williams (NY Knicks)
Tevin Wade (NY Giants)
Nick Foles (LA Rams)
Robert Golden (Pittsburgh Steelers)
Earl Mitchell (Miami Dolphins)
Brooks Reed (Atl Falcons)
Marquis Flowers (Cincinnati Bengals)

And of course Rob Gronkowski (NE Patriots)

Bear down :pimp:

Jon Jones, Arthur Jones, Chandler Jones went to the high school one town over from me. I played basketball against Chandler growing up since we were the same age. Then Arthur and Chandler were both at Syracuse while I was there. My sister now dates Jon/Arthur's best friend from childhood so she's attended Arthur's wedding and has seen/heard some wild things about Jon that I can't repeat. Feel bad for homie he's in enough trouble as is. Overall, this family has done well for themselves. UFC Champion and two Superbowl Champions. Pretty nuts. Their father is a pastor and their mother is legally blind but still attends some of their fights/games for the sounds.

So the bones that's been portrayed by the media the last year is accurate?

I remember when he helped nab a thief prior to the shogun fight.

So the bones that's been portrayed by the media the last year is accurate?

I remember when he helped nab a thief prior to the shogun fight.

He's not a bad guy. To me, it just seems he likes to party (too much) and ends up in bad situations because of it. Then the media has had a field day because he's a celebrity. No doubt he's made some questionable, selfish decisions that have inadvertently hurt others. Probably deserved to lose a lot of the sponsorships he did. But my hometown and everyone I know still loves him so I guess that speaks to something.

What happened to the star athletes from your high school or college. Did any of them play professionally? What are they doing now? Office job? Retail? Factory? Drug addict? Did they mature or are they still trying to relive their past glory like uncle rico? Discuss.
98% of them, nothing.

Played college ball and I assume are doing nothing after that.

2% are actually putting on. 1 in the NFL, one an NFL prospect playing for FAU.

Won't name him.

Demarcus Cousins. You should know what he's up to.
He's a lot younger than me so we didn't go to Leflore at the same time.

All I can thank of (high school) :
Zack Greinke
Brandon Merriweather
Warren Sapp
Jeremy Gallon
Kyle Wilber (Dallas Cowboys)
KJ Dillon ( WVU draftee)

Last edited:
Terps (from my time): Vernon Davis, Torrey Smith, DHB, Stefon Diggs, Vasquez. Missed Juan Dixon and Steve Blake by a year or two. Only met Vasquez, cool guy.

Can't think of anyone from HS.

Ryan Francis
ryan_francis_2006_01_051-e1355352947914.jpg

And

The guy who got dunked on in hurricane season...

Last edited:
We didn't go to the same school, but we ran against Reggie Bush a lot in track. I went to University City and our school and his (Helix High School) had sort of a pseudo rivalry in track & field. I never really met him but I heard he was a pretty cool dude.

The only people I know to come out of my school were Felix Sanchez (Olympic gold medalist and reigning Olympic champ in the 400m hurdles) and my boy Joseph Oliveira who played for a few minor league baseball teams under the Orioles. He's now an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at SDSU

Matt Vogler - football player

Damu Cherry '95 - hurdler; qualified for the 2008 US Olympic team; placed third in her first round and won her semi-final heat; placed fourth in the final.

Hercules '74 - professional wrestler

Gary Huff '69 - NFL football player who quarterbacked the first win in Buccaneers history in 1977

William Prickett '94 - football player University of North Carolina; Gator Bowl 1997, 1998; Tampa Bay Storm signed free agent

Michael Jenkins '99 - wide receiver in the NFL; currently plays for the New England Patriots; all-time leader in receiving yardage for the Ohio State University Buckeyes

I graduated with Jeremy deering. He also got drafted to the NFL. Cool guy.

If we talking in city peeps

Garrett Temple locked JJ *** up
16281436-large.jpg

Big baby
glendavis.jpg

Marcus Thornton
LSU+v+Kentucky+6r1Eq8HQ0O8l.jpg

Tyrus Thomas
Portland-Trail-Blazers-Reaping-Benefits-From-2006-Draft-Day-Trade-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom