Started my own Blank/Wholesale Clothing company

I don't post a whole lot on here to be honest, but I thought I'd share a project I've been working on for the past year or so. I've been on here for 10+ yrs and remember as a teenager seeing posts of people starting their own food, clothing, photography, etc business and always found it interesting and inspiring so I figure why not. It's inevitably also promotional to some degree so Mods feel free to remove if inappropriate!!

Together with a friend I started a company doing high quality blank/wholesale clothing for businesses or brands looking for garments to print/embroider, and all materials as well as production are 100% made in Italy (we're both from there). I won't name them but basically the goal was to offer designer-level quality like what you'd find in brands at Saks/Harrods/Neimann/etc, but in a blank...and we ended up using all the same suppliers and producers as those brands, so it's very comparable.

We just went live so it's still pretty small (we're working on additional colours and hopefully t-shirts and other pieces), but any feedback would be amazing!!! Both positive and negative of course :emoji_pray:

Last edited:
Perfect timing. Just yesterday I was trying to remember the name of the American company that made really great blank shirts. Name was something like “American Cotton.” That obviously isn’t the name, but it was something like that.

Any help is appreciated.

Perfect timing. Just yesterday I was trying to remember the name of the American company that made really great blank shirts. Name was something like “American Cotton.” That obviously isn’t the name, but it was something like that.

Any help is appreciated.

American Apparel

EIGHTY-EIGHT DOLLARS

sl7pYB.gif

Its about $125. We good op
It's meant mainly as a wholesale product and the wholesale/bulk price is less than half of that :smile:
We're definitely not trying to compete with a Gildan/Fruit of the Loom hoodie that costs 10$ or less in bulk, but I do see your point re: pricing for sure.

Italian word for elastic.

Its da plastic to keep your cuffs tight.
It's spandex essentially, you'd be hard-pressed to find a hoodie that has a traditional ribbed cuff or waistline that doesn't contain some % of it, since that's what gives ribbing its elasticity which cotton alone wouldn't be able to provide.

Last edited:
idk if its the photos but the black doesnt seem as rich as the black on my nike pullover hoodie

can u post a pic in regualr lighting using an iphone??

i exclusively wear black and was looking for some black hoodies to print logos for my team

would love to see more pics

how many hoodies counts as wholesale? and what are prices/
no one wants to input their email to get wholesale info?

do you guys ship from italy? how long does the color last for?

I missed an NT coupon code in the text 🤷🏻‍♂️

J/k, congrats
PM me and I'll send one over :smile:

idk if its the photos but the black doesnt seem as rich as the black on my nike pullover hoodie

i exclusively wear black and was looking for some black hoodies to print logos for my team

Not sure which nike hoodie you have exactly, but a lot of theirs are 20% or more polyester which tends to look a bit more shiny and dark, whereas cotton alone has a different look (unless it's mercerised or treated). I'll send you some iPhone pics though . Wholesale is minimum 5 pieces in a given size.

do you guys ship from italy? how long does the color last for?
Shipping is from Italy or UK depending on the order size. The material is piece dyed vs garment dyed which (intentionally) can fade more, so it retains color well. I have technical stats on colorfastness if you're interested

Thank you for all the feedback so far, very useful and helps me with what to focus on going forward! Appreciate it :emoji_pray:

Here's a pic of our hoodie to the left, an 80% cotton 20% polyester in the middle, and Nike tech fleece to the right. It's a bit hard to convey in a picture but the poly content makes things look a bit shinier whereas 100% cotton is a bit more matte. I'll DM you now with more details on wholesale :smile:
sleeve_pic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom