Started watching DBZ again: Some observations

- The Japanese audio track is more fitting. The subtitles for the Japanese version are often completely different from the funimation audio too but it was geared to American kids so that makes sense.
- There's a LOT of filler. Seriously we dont need to look at someone's stare for 15 seconds
- Finally watching the majin boo saga. This %%$% is mad violent
eek.gif
did they show this on tv?
- A lot of anime fans dont like DB but its truly a classic imo
-  Vegeta & Piccolo > ____

Is the kai version worth watching?

Kai cuts out majority of the fillers from the OG, I just could never get into it the way they changed the battle music and all that, I miss the OG cartoon even with the fillers...

I was just watching the Kai version on you tube a couple of months ago but, they didn't have it all.... Stopped at freeza final transformation. Where can I watch the rest? Or pretty much the whole Kai version?
Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

- The Japanese audio track is more fitting. The subtitles for the Japanese version are often completely different from the funimation audio too but it was geared to American kids so that makes sense.
- There's a LOT of filler. Seriously we dont need to look at someone's stare for 15 seconds
eek.gif

Kai uses the original music and cuts out a lot of the filler.  So you should like it.  It also has completely redone animation cels so the color is a lot brighter and cleaner.

Not sure if I'm the only one who ever wondered this, but this is the first time bringing it up
When Goku first died and had to go on snake way to go see King Kai, he fell off once, and ended up in the drawer of that giant or something correct and had to start all over again?
What I'm wondering is, after he got done with his training, he had to hurry back to Earth, so he flew over snake way. He was in a rush because I guess they were fighting and needed Goku's help. So why in the world didn't he just jump off of snake way, he would've saved an enormous amount of time and energy.

2 reasons: 1- Japanese and English isn't a 1:1 translation and 2- as you guessed it, regionalization

So why in the world didn't he just jump off of snake way, he would've saved an enormous amount of time and energy.
There is no telling where he would have ended up in HFIL.  I don't know if the shortcut to King Yemma's drawer was closed off after he used it the first time but flying over Snake Way was more so a sure bet because he knew where he was going

Sidenote: here I am at 22 years old talking about DBZ at 6 am before I go to work..
laugh.gif
  I miss being a kid
frown.gif

More like 5 minutes of staring at each other and talking +%$# and a week of powering up.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

More like 5 minutes of staring at each other and talking +%$# and a week of powering up.

Tell me how Goku had only a day left on earth but that %%!+ felt like 3-4 days.

Originally Posted by BK201

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

goku sounds like a little girl in japanese

vegeta = alpha
piccollo>>>>>>>>>>
I believe a female voice actor was used.

laugh.gif

Wow son
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

DBZ > *

I remember one time I came home from school SUPER amped. It was the final episode of the Freeza Saga..and it was about to be 2012 on Namek, ya dig?

Anyways, I was watching...GLUED to the TV, right? This *%* cut off out of nowhere. I blinked. Turned the TV on and off. Still, nothing. SPRINTED to my mother's room, said something like "dragon ball....tv...not work" 'cause I was really fat as a kid and would easily lose my breath.

Turns out my mom "forgot" to pay the cable bill, had them turn it on for the rest of the week, but by that time Namek had already blown up.

I still never forgave my mom for that BS.

mad.gif

Originally Posted by soltheman

DBZ > *

I remember one time I came home from school SUPER amped. It was the final episode of the Freeza Saga..and it was about to be 2012 on Namek, ya dig?

Anyways, I was watching...GLUED to the TV, right? This *%* cut off out of nowhere. I blinked. Turned the TV on and off. Still, nothing. SPRINTED to my mother's room, said something like "dragon ball....tv...not work" 'cause I was really fat as a kid and would easily lose my breath.

Turns out my mom "forgot" to pay the cable bill, had them turn it on for the rest of the week, but by that time Namek had already blown up.

mad.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You can't be serious.
laugh.gif

DBZ > *

mad.gif

That caught me off guard
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

DBZ > *

mad.gif

That caught me off guard
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I miss the old format of standing around talking and powering up. Made the show last longer. That new Kai show is too short.

DBZ was one of my favorites as a kid. But now that I look back on it, it really does suck. Yu Yu Hakusho on the other hand, was sick

^Yeah man.
As much as we poke fun of 5 *cough* to 10 maybe even 15 minutes*cough* of stare downs and week long power ups i'd STILL take the old format over the new one.

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

DBZ > *

mad.gif

That caught me off guard
laugh.gif

roll.gif

yall gotta say it out loud with the heavy breath pauses.

Originally Posted by inspectah derek

DBZ was one of my favorites as a kid. But now that I look back on it, it really does suck. Yu Yu Hakusho on the other hand, was sick

the episodes that didn't come on TV were
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif

Seriosuly this is weird i've been rewatching and have pretty much the same thoughts, Vegeta an piccolo are the baddest dudes on the planet, when piccolo takes of his turban and shoulder pad and it wasy like a thousand pounds/  Vegetas story when tells how he became a super sayain?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Also young goku with nimbus and power poll = SWAG.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom