Staten Island man dies after NYPD cop puts him in chokehold

It's us vs them and I'm white. Cops take everything 0 to 100 in an instant. Everyone gets hit for resisting arrest for just trying to understand the situations. **** is real out here for everrrybodddy. It's bigger than b&w

Not to divert this thread away from the original topic at hand, but I do feel compelled to say this.  As a black man, it is disheartening to hear some folks in here paint police with negative generalizations and such a bad broad brush as if all cops are bad.  I say that because many non-blacks paint all black people with the same bad broad brush as well. 

It's not right when it's done to us, so to be fair on the matter I say it's unfair to do the same to police officers as well.  Are there bad cops, of course, there are bad people in every sector or group of individuals.  That doesn't mean we as people walk around thinking negatively about a certain group just because of one bad apple, or even a few bad apples.  Just felt the need to say that. 
+1. Good stuff man

Really be acting like there's not people of all colors and genders abusing their power
Who acts like that?

Or do people simply don't pass up the chance to point out when the most "dominant" group of people on this planet abuse their abundant powers?

Not to divert this thread away from the original topic at hand, but I do feel compelled to say this.  As a black man, it is disheartening to hear some folks in here paint police with negative generalizations and such a bad broad brush as if all cops are bad.  I say that because many non-blacks paint all black people with the same bad broad brush as well. 

It's not right when it's done to us, so to be fair on the matter I say it's unfair to do the same to police officers as well.  Are there bad cops, of course, there are bad people in every sector or group of individuals.  That doesn't mean we as people walk around thinking negatively about a certain group just because of one bad apple, or even a few bad apples.  Just felt the need to say that. 
i cant believe yo compared race to a career choice.
:rofl:

actually it is an analogy between of how people generalize/stereotype on the basis of a singular aspect and come to a conclusion only on that basis, not really comparing the social construct of 'race" to a chosen profession...it is a very valid point given the vitriol that always arises after any event that is so tragic

You're trippin black cops are THE worst. Some of em are like Uncle Ruckus in uniform

You preaching to the choir fam, I been beat up and been held at gunpoint by a fleet of cops hoping out of raid vans just for lil ol me. I was talking about situations where a bunch of white cops are taking it too far, in that video my mans posted the white cop was actually tryna cool the black cop down

Last edited:
so apparently dude who shot the video was arrested

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/04/n...ey-orta-gets-charged-with-gun-possession.html

laugh.gif
@ end of the article

so apparently dude who shot the video was arrested

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/04/n...ey-orta-gets-charged-with-gun-possession.html

laugh.gif
@ end of the article
 dude is a dummy. He should had known he was being followed by the police, his wife told him to stay home. Dude was suppose to be a witness if a trial was to come, now he have 7 years of prison time hainging over his head, he was already out on bond on a robbery case from may. He is screwed if he testify

:x :x

The system ain't no joke...

They followed ol' buddy around to trump up a charge...

sick.gif
sick.gif

The system ain't no joke...

They followed ol' buddy around to trump up a charge...
roll.gif

Yeah, I'm sure they did. Ramsey Orta has 24 prior arrests at 22 and now this one makes 25. Not a nice guy. Or a smart one. There he is with a minor, selling drugs to her and going into a known drug and prostitution hotel with a gun, that Mr. Niceguy tried to pass off to the 17 yr old minor so she would get busted with it. Oh and he is married too. 

Obviously he's being unfairly treated because he's a minority, right? Right 
laugh.gif

:rolleyes at the extreme hyperbole.

We get it bro. It was inevitable.

I was wrong, you were right.

I can admit... :pimp:

Not to change from the original topic, but how in the hell do you have 25 arrests at age 22?

No ones perfect, and I can see someone catching a small case or two off immaturity and/or stupidity and maybe something as a minor as well but 25 cases, good God.

If his crime career started at age 12, he'd be averaging a little bit more then 2 cases a year.

It was already ruled a homicide. The big question is why haven't they made an arrest yet.

Legally speaking, homicide =/= murder. A homicide means that one person killed another person. There are four types of homicides: accidental, self defense, negligent(2nd degree manslaughter), and unjustifiable (murder or 1st degree manslaughter).

There still needs to be an investigation and since there are a lot people watching, every single step is being done meticulously and at the end of the day it's up to the DA whether or not there is enough to bring a decisive charge.

Even if some people think that this cop is a scumbag or a murderer, he still deserves due process.

Last edited:
Legally speaking, homicide =/= murder. A homicide means that one person killed another person. There are four types of homicides: accidental, self defense, negligent(2nd degree manslaughter), and unjustifiable (murder or 1st degree manslaughter).

There still needs to be an investigation and since there are a lot people watching, every single step is being done meticulously and at the end of the day it's up to the DA whether or not there is enough to bring a decisive charge.

Even if some people think that this cop is a scumbag or a murderer, he still deserves due process.

I can agree with most of this but things wouldn't be taking this long if it weren't a cop.

In other news they arrested the wife of the cameraman for assault the other day. A week earlier she was giving an interview to the paper saying how her husband is innocent and the cops have been out to get him since the chokehold incident. SMH, making this whole case look bad.

this is terrible but i knew the cop would not be charged

if the cop gets off for killing the guy in the pink houses stairways's then things really need to happen

Thats the one big one right there, but this case is sad, he didnt do nothing here, and i thought the chokehold was illegal for an officer to use? :smh:

Thats the one big one right there, but this case is sad, he didnt do nothing here, and i thought the chokehold was illegal for an officer to use? :smh:

the same here
the cop choked the life out of that man

i have a question was Eric wearing the sport royal blue foamposites in the video he was murdered in
i'm not asking this as a joke

does anyone know

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom