Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

I eat around 2400 on training days and around 2100 on non training days. seems to work for me, as far as maintenance and slight gains are concerned. i don't want to push it. i'm always freaking hungry though lol
damn eating way more than I am currently (1500-1600 calories... it is not whats up.. but it helped me lose weight)because I've been cutting or been trying to lose this weight for awhile. Maybe I should eat like you, my body looks like crap right now at 5'6 152-155lbs 18-20% bf and you're like 5'8 140 low bodyfat. Did you start out skinny and build your way up to that build or were you big and cut down?

^ i was always a skinny dude. lol when i started i was 110 lbs 2.5 years a go (freshman year of college). i worked my way up. it's been a fun journey.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

I eat around 2400 on training days and around 2100 on non training days. seems to work for me, as far as maintenance and slight gains are concerned. i don't want to push it. i'm always freaking hungry though lol
damn eating way more than I am currently (1500-1600 calories... it is not whats up.. but it helped me lose weight)because I've been cutting or been trying to lose this weight for awhile. Maybe I should eat like you, my body looks like crap right now at 5'6 152-155lbs 18-20% bf and you're like 5'8 140 low bodyfat. Did you start out skinny and build your way up to that build or were you big and cut down?
God damn man i'm telling you get big and cut down! Even if you eat 2400 GOOD calories of quality food you'll lost body fat with muscle gain.

It's simple just do it.

good job hyper cutter.
i'm trying to get up to 145 come summer time
I fluctuate from 130-135, sometimes 137 -___-
but being in college kinda kills the caloric intake
but then again I am only 5'5, I was 145 over the summer
then last it all since coming here and focusing on school
not lifting as much or eating as much...

its 520, i'm about to hit the gym at 6 to do a back workout
killed the chest last night so hopefully this will be good
and keeps me feeling good for classes today

Thank God for this thread. I gotta admit, ive been slackin this past winter, too much smokin and playin Mw2 lol. Summers commin up. Im goin in

Thanks JMU for making me fat in one weekend.

laugh.gif

i started really working out for the first time in my life and i cant believe the results ... even though i've only been at it for about 3 weeks, i can already see major results because i'm so damn skinny ... my abs have never looked this good and my arms/shoulders/chest already look inflated ...

it's a gift and a curse though because i'm already cut up after 3 weeks but i lack the size i want ... i need to eat more but i'm hoping muscle weighs more than fat and if i just keep at it i'll start to gain ...

TylderDurden or anyone else that wants to take a stab at this.

Some folks around me have been told about a diet system in which you are told to fast on certain days. I am asking them why they feel it is effective and they sent me a picture of this super cut-up dude that apparently uses the same system. Naturally since dude looks like that, they won't listen to anything I have to say about it. They keep using the, "Humans today are brainwashed into believing fasting is a bad idea."

What would you say to your friends if you were me?

Had a great chest workout earlier. I was kind of deciding how I was going to start out, and another trainer in the gym was working a shift and bored out of his mind. He said "Let's see who can finish 100 reps of 135 on the flat bench in the shortest time..." Not really something I'd normally do, but we both went at it. I ended up knocking them out just a little faster than him because he took his first set all the way to failure which just meant less reps in the sets aftewards. I stopped just when I was starting to feel some fatigue each time.

Funny thing is, I thought I would be lifting waaaay less afterwards, but I was still at a decent level of strength to do incline hammer presses and some flyes. Had a crazy pump in my chest the whole time and even still now. Just something different to try if you want to mix things up.

can someone tell me why i look INFLATED after a workout and when i wake up it doesnt even look like i worked out? ... i wish i could just keep the inflation because the way my body is, i get OD inflated ...

is it normal to get waaaaaaaay bigger than you are and then deflate like a balloon? can i take anything to stop deflating so damn much?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ Did you feel like you had do anything else or could you have said "I am done" after the 100 reps?

I was fine to do the rest of my workout, just felt a HUGE pump to my chest and tris.  I wasn't about to try to balance any dumbbells after that so I hit the incline hammer press and still was able to do 4 working sets and work up to 3 plates and a quarter on each side.  Then I just did 4 sets of cable flyes and 4 sets of pec-dec flyes.  The other guy, well, like I said, he taxed himself out too quick so after the 100 reps were done, about 5 minutes later he tried to just do a few pushups and he could only get 4. 

I think part of the trick is like I said, don't go to failure on every set until you're getting close to that 100.  He went up to 38, but he BARELY made it there and had to get help to rack it.  I went to 43, but I could have done maybe 8-10 more reps if I forced the issue but I wanted to save some energy.  He jumped back in and got like 9 reps cause he was so beat.  I jumped back in and got 17 reps and just stopped at 60.  Took me 3 more quick sets to finish 100 in under 2:05.  He kept going to failure and finished at 3:00 even.  (We weren't counting rest time, just rep speed.) 

For the record, he and I both have close to the same max bench.  Anyway, if anybody's looking for something different next time they hit the gym, see how long it takes to bang out one century set.  Next is 225 on the squat...

Costco "brand" or is it the bag of Sports Pharma Whey protein they sell at Costco? Never heard of a Costco brand but I got a bag of protein from there once and it just didn't go well....

inflation=pump

your blood is filling your muscles brah.
Are you saying you want a perpetual pump? There are a fee ways to achieve that.
For one steroids lol but seriously just continue working out. I know some supplements help in kind of keeping that pump. Supps with icarin in them kind of help. But if you keep at it you will keep your inflation.
Unless if by inflation you mean bloat. No one enjoys bloat. Bloat sucks. Bloat is your enemy.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

TylderDurden or anyone else that wants to take a stab at this.

Some folks around me have been told about a diet system in which you are told to fast on certain days. I am asking them why they feel it is effective and they sent me a picture of this super cut-up dude that apparently uses the same system. Naturally since dude looks like that, they won't listen to anything I have to say about it. They keep using the, "Humans today are brainwashed into believing fasting is a bad idea."

What would you say to your friends if you were me?
Do some research on the benefits of intermittent fasting. There are numerous studies done that show long list of benefits that one can receive by fasting regularly. Even once or twice a week has a load of benefits. It's true though, humans are brainwashed by modern society that fasting is bad. I say don't knock it until you try it or atleast do some research on it. Research shows that it increases HGH production as well as creates a more favorable body composition.
Look up LeanGains, Eat Stop Eat, or Fast 5 for more info

Brett

I rock the Costco brand protein and its not that many scoops I'm not much for searching out a deal on protein and even my buddy who works at GNC uses the Costco brand and he can get ON Protein and all the Other ones you guys always rave about. It really doesnt matter when it all comes down to it.

Nealraj

I do this sometimes and ive read this. ill eat a ton for awhile and then i wont eat as much and im as lean as they come(5.3 % Body fat at 165 pounds) so when i feel like leaning out anymore ill do this and my strength is still there if not better.

Originally Posted by jdub55

Nealraj

I do this sometimes and ive read this. ill eat a ton for awhile and then i wont eat as much and im as lean as they come(5.3 % Body fat at 165 pounds) so when i feel like leaning out anymore ill do this and my strength is still there if not better.

have you done any competitions? other wise it's unnecessary to get that low.

Any advice on curtailing one's appetite after working out?

I'm trying to lose fat and came home from a great workout...did shoulders + squats + deads + 30 minutes of cardio...ate a nice meal but was still starving afterwards...I ended up eating like 1500 calories (protein shake, salad, chicken breasts + olive oil, like 1 cup of almonds) and I feel like I ruined all my hard work
smh.gif
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom