Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Never have heard of equinox down here (fl)

My membership at powerhouse is 98.99 ( but I get it for 41.73)

And the gym has EVERYTHING as far as workouts go.

No bball court, as the gym is not targeted to that.

I love my gym, like my second family.

One of my ex's used to go to the equinox here in miami. I think she was paying over 100/mo but it was ridiculous how nice that place was. I took one of those free 1 week trials just to be wowed. I remember they had towels in a mini fridge that were cold cool, slightly damp and some minty smell 
laugh.gif

Down here you you shouldn't be paying more than 30/month at those LA's & 24s or even smaller gyms are about that price too

Originally Posted by bwood056

Never have heard of equinox down here (fl)

My membership at powerhouse is 98.99 ( but I get it for 41.73)

And the gym has EVERYTHING as far as workouts go.

No bball court, as the gym is not targeted to that.

I love my gym, like my second family.

http://www.equinox.com/regions/florida
my gym has everything including basketball court/pool and racquet ball.......they also got plenty of free classes also.

yea powerhouse is legit but its basically a lifters gym........i have one of those in my area also, not far from my la fit.

i pay 29.99 for la fitness an i have another gym membership thats 15 a month. i got decent gyms in my area now that i think about it, a lot to choose from.

equinox out here is the same price as it is on the east coast. much better than any 24 hour fitness no matter how cheap it is.

Looking at the equinox website... ehhh

I'm not into all the extra fancy hotel type things catering to middle aged women.

I'll take a stripped down warehouse with a power rack, a bench, weights, maybe some tires and a sledgehammer over all of that any day.

Originally Posted by tkthafm

I'm not into all the extra fancy hotel type things catering to middle aged women.

I'll take a stripped down warehouse with a power rack, a bench, weights, maybe some tires and a sledgehammer over all of that any day.
thats cool an all
but id be lyin if i said i dont like eye candy at the gym.

im not even one of those dudes who goes to the gym to spit game, but i like the presence of nice females at my gym.

Yo fellas how long do you guys work out for usually? How long is too long?
Since I got out of school I started working out pretty hard but noticed I been staying at the gym wayyy too long. I want to cut down the time so im going to change up my routine next week.

Originally Posted by davizzy

Since I got out of school I started working out pretty hard but noticed I been staying at the gym wayyy too long. I want to cut down the time so im going to change up my routine next week

Usually 45 min max.
Post your routine.

Originally Posted by davizzy

Since I got out of school I started working out pretty hard but noticed I been staying at the gym wayyy too long. I want to cut down the time so im going to change up my routine next week.

My strength workouts last around 45 minutes. I hardly ever go past 50 minutes. If I'm at the gym longer than one hour than I would have done some cardio on top of lifting.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

ive never been to an Equinox gym, arent they real expensive?

i dont have them in my area, but i know they are in CT.

the more affluent the area=nicer/bigger/costly gyms

i was on 5th ave on sunday an i noticed derek jeters 24 hour fitness gym..........they wanted 79.99 per month, its prolly the same as my LA Fitness back home an they had the nrgize lifestyle cafe inside just like i have at LA fit.
every gym in boston (like new york) is relatively more expensive than suburban or west coast gyms since space is so limited. huge gym in the middle of the financial district = $$$
i know the rates go up and down depending on when you sign up but i think i pay about $145/month for single-club access at equinox. 

whereas the cheapest gyms in boston will be around $60-70/month.

places like 24 hour fitness on the west coast you can get memberships for like $25/month or less since space is cheap.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

i wonder how much the equinox in greenwich and darien is......

i know they are basically the tri state................cali then chi, dallas, florida.

they know who they tryna market for sure.
Not my style but that place looks dope. It would be in Highland Park.
laugh.gif

Definitely a specific market.

I'm actually bulking right now. Any tips on a different routine would be great since I been using this one for awhile now. I wouldn't mind changing the split to like a 5 day. I need to cut down on my rest time and the amount of excercises I do for sure. So Any input would be appreciated
Monday- chest/biceps
Tuesday- back/triceps
Wednesday- rest
Thursday- legs/ ABS
Friday- shoulders
Saturday/Sunday- rest

thats cool an all

im not even one of those dudes who goes to the gym to spit game, but i like the presence of nice females at my gym.
This. Plus sometimes the presence of good looking females makes me motivated on days I'm not feeling it .

Its never a bad thing to have some fine females there too, unless maybe ur spotter gets distracted haha
Honestly, that equinox place was cool and all but you don't need all that stuff to lift. 

university gym ftw. dont gotta worry about monthly payments and theres always good looking chicks in there 
pimp.gif

Any of y'all make protein smoothies? Been making them lately with some frozen fruit and half a cup of oj since it's so damn hot out, but Idk if that's too much post-workout. I might be switching to almonde milk instead of oj since it has less sugar, though.

Originally Posted by blackxme

thats cool an all

This. Plus sometimes the presence of good looking females makes me motivated on days I'm not feeling it .

its true

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Any of y'all make protein smoothies? Been making them lately with some frozen fruit and half a cup of oj since it's so damn hot out, but Idk if that's too much post-workout. I might be switching to almonde milk instead of oj since it has less sugar, though.

as much as I shouldn't really add ice cream, it really adds calories, but still some sugar.
just try to add in some powder to baked goods, like find an amount you want to put in like cookies, and do that. 

so im trying to focus on my deltoids and i dont really know any deltoid workouts. any recommended deltoid workouts with dumbbells or anything else

Back
Top Bottom