Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Besides other weight lifting duties, doing 200 crunches a day and running a mile is a good way to get your ab game?
I mean it will strengthen your core no doubt but to get defined abs is all about BF% which where I can see the running coming in but you almost MUST have a good diet
Whats a good diet to start out through out the day? Sorry for the noob questions, im new to this. Just started working out about 4 weeks ago, see a lil progress but would like to see MORE. I don't eat breakfast but I heard that's bad, so I started today, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 pieces of toast. Skipped lunch, had baked chicken and potatoes for dinner. Is that bad? 

drop that ps3 controller and start reading up on dieting 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Based Mod

I mean it will strengthen your core no doubt but to get defined abs is all about BF% which where I can see the running coming in but you almost MUST have a good diet
Whats a good diet to start out through out the day? Sorry for the noob questions, im new to this. Just started working out about 4 weeks ago, see a lil progress but would like to see MORE. I don't eat breakfast but I heard that's bad, so I started today, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 pieces of toast. Skipped lunch, had baked chicken and potatoes for dinner. Is that bad? 

drop that ps3 controller and start reading up on dieting 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Besides other weight lifting duties, doing 200 crunches a day and running a mile is a good way to get your ab game?
laugh.gif
come on fam

Breakfast is crucial. Drop the bacon and replace it with hard boiled eggs for lean protein, if you really trying to go the extra mile throw out half the yokes. I'd substitute the three pieces of toast for a cup of oatmeal. Fruit, fruit, and more fruit, like 2-3 whole pieces. That's my breakfast.

Nothing wrong with baked chicken or baked potatoes but you need to supplement some green vegetables in there. For dinner I usually eat grilled chicken breast or some kind of baked fish, baked potatoes or brown rice, plus a big @## salad with minimal salad dressing. Need an entire separate plate for the salad.

yo, can anybody please, please tell me if they know of any bcaa supplement with absolutely no artificial coloring or sugars? its kinda ironic imo that all these companies make stuff to better ur body, yet actually destroy it from the inside. Xtend by Scivation was the best tasting bcaa, worked really well too, but they need to cut all the junk stuff out of it. Please advice me, fellas.....and thanks in advance for the help.

for the guys on creatine monohydrate, do you guys take it before or after your workout?
i just picked some up today and i'm getting a bunch of mixed answers online...

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

for the guys on creatine monohydrate, do you guys take it before or after your workout?

I heard people do when they wake up and go to bed. You're body needs time to process the creatine so it is most beneficial to have some time in between. Also, make sure you cycle and saturate your body with it before anything. And drink PLENTY of water, like a lot of water in order to achieve maximum results. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

laugh.gif
come on fam

Breakfast is crucial. Drop the bacon and replace it with hard boiled eggs for lean protein, if you really trying to go the extra mile throw out half the yokes. I'd substitute the three pieces of toast for a cup of oatmeal. Fruit, fruit, and more fruit, like 2-3 whole pieces. That's my breakfast.

Nothing wrong with baked chicken or baked potatoes but you need to supplement some green vegetables in there. For dinner I usually eat grilled chicken breast or some kind of baked fish, baked potatoes or brown rice, plus a big @## salad with minimal salad dressing. Need an entire separate plate for the salad.
Alright, thanks son, gotta step my fruit game up, I def lack that, I have an apple or cup of grapes a week
frown.gif

For the heads who wanna lose weight fast, sure running on the treadmill is good but order Insanity ASAP.

Just do your part eating wise and thank me later.

Originally Posted by Caerus

For the heads who wanna lose weight fast, sure running on the treadmill is good but order Insanity ASAP.

Why waste money.
Run sprints on the treadmill.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by Caerus

Why waste money.
Run sprints on the treadmill.

Running sprints on a treadmill absolutely destroys my legs to the point where I'm sore for the next 2-3 days. I run sprints on a track, or if I can't find one to use, I just look for an open field and throw some soccer cleats on.

NT,

i'm going on a vegetarian/low carb diet for a month. Any advice? Meal plans? I know nothing about this but I'm definitely going to go through with it. Anything is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

NT,

i'm going on a vegetarian/low carb diet for a month. Any advice? Meal plans? I know nothing about this but I'm definitely going to go through with it. Anything is greatly appreciated.

Are you going to be doing some heavy lifting during this time?
I'm just wondering where you will get your protein (other than Soy Protein
sick.gif
) from if you do.

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

NT,

Thats clear... my advice is dont do it.

Try looking up basics on nutrition before you come up with more ideas like this.

Originally Posted by BroComeAtMe

I heard people do when they wake up and go to bed. You're body needs time to process the creatine so it is most beneficial to have some time in between. Also, make sure you cycle and saturate your body with it before anything. And drink PLENTY of water, like a lot of water in order to achieve maximum results. 

Take 5g/day. No need to load your body with excessive amounts, as it's just a ploy from the companies to sell more product. It doesn't really matter what time of day you take it as long as you get your 5g a day. It's best to take with some carbs

boost,

lol at ps3 comment

if you want ABS you want to gobon a very low Carb diet so u can lose most of your body fat.

squats are a great exercise for your core

Originally Posted by needsomejays

For those of you who take whey, do you think 2 scoops at a time is too much? 50 grams of protein seems like a lot

probably.  i think the general consensus is to stay below 40g in one sitting.

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

So I'm starting my first cycle of superdrol next week. Any one have experience with it.
nerd.gif

Roids???

Those wondering about leangains.com: Will say this, its not for everybody, I still eat the same amount kcal wise I would if i ate 3 square meals a day but im a student so its easy for me to skip breakfast and lunch since Im in class and then eat large meals after I lift in the afternoon.

The biggest hang up I see is that its so 'different' than what we were taught/raised as, eating 3 square meals a day at x times of the day. When you think about it, our bodies haven't changed/evolved that much at all since humans came to existence. Its like more of a primal way to eat and train. Our bodies will use fat as an energy source before protein. That's why fat is 9 kcal a gram, its great for energy so that's why we tend to store it. Our ancestors would wake up and go hunt for food(Lift/cardio} which could take all day and then feast on what they caught.

People get worked up thinking there going to lose all this muscle because they are fasting for 16+ hours but in reality you don't. For me personally I have been working out in a fasted state for the past 2+years . The only supplements I take at the moment are Scivation Xtend, which I take right before I walkin the gym (necessary if lifting in fasted state, and C-Bol by thermolife, mainly because its a creatine and a great product IMO.

The fasting might be hard for some during the first week or 2 but your body will adjust. Its used to getting fed at X time everyday so of course its going to be a litte shell shocked and hunger pangs will be present. But as you get used to it, I'm convinced your body gets used to burning fat and becomes more efficient at doing so over the course of fasting.

The best part is eating. I cant eat like a bird 5-6x a day, i love big meals. Nothing better to come home after a heavy shoulder or chest day and just crush pasta and chicken like its nothing. I can almost feel the food feeding my muscles that I just exhausted. And this is where the lean gains name comes in. Eat big on days you want to gain size in and under eat the next. For example, someone trying to lose weight but gain on chest size/bench: Day 1 lift heavy chest and eat say 3000kcal, whatever would put you in a surplus... Day 2, maybe you dont lift, fast, and then eat like 1500kcals. Together it is 4500 kcal over a span of 2 days. Say you expend that same amount over 2 days, effectively making no weight gain but there's gotta be some benefit in eating more on the lifting day, right? especially IMO if you go high carb/hi protein/low fat on lifting days and lower carb/Hi protein/higher fat on non lifting days, thats what works best for me at least.

Take it FWIW I am certainly no expert, well kinda lol, but I take alot of pride in my body and would hate to lose an ounce of muscle. I am ~175lbs  and rep 95lb dbs on Bench for 8+ reps, can box squat ~425 1rm, and look/feel swole as hell. To put it in perspective, 2 years ago I was 195lbs, a walk on on a D1 football program and just as strong maybe even a little weaker, Its been a total recomp. There are plenty of testimonials on the site and Martin does a good job referencing to actual studies that are performed. All I know is, I will continue to do this until it doesn't work in my schedule but Ive loved every minute of it, not to mention some of the health benefits that are starting to come to light since the 'fasting' idea is relatively new and more studies are being done.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

For those of you who take whey, do you think 2 scoops at a time is too much? 50 grams of protein seems like a lot

Definitely. 1 scoop and you should be fine because your body can only absorb so much at one time. The excess just comes out as waste

Back
Top Bottom