STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You ever try on those 541s? I couldn't find any in store near me so I just ordered 2 pairs last night from Macys'. They have 20% off plus free shipping right now so I got them for $105 shipped. If I I don't like the fit I can just return them in store.

Had a terrible workout yesterday after a little bit of beer ponging the night before. Had to stop after doing half the sets of squats at a lighter load and half the sets of lunges. Do you guys typically try again the next day or just chalk it up as a loss and continue the normal routine?

Last edited:
Power through it, lower the weights if you have to. Point is, just do it, youll feel mentally better toughing out a workout.

Power through it, lower the weights if you have to. Point is, just do it, youll feel mentally better toughing out a workout.

I usually do, but this wasn't a mental thing. I felt lightheaded after the first few squat reps and my vision turned a little cloudy and white. Probably not the best idea to force it when you have 225lbs of metal on your back.

^

Lower weights? If youre out of it, youre out of it, but id try to do something atleast.

Anyone calculate their maintenance calorie intake? Theres a calculator on a site and according to my stat (24, 5'10", 177lbs, moderately active) I should be at 2700 calories maintenance. That seems awfully high...im cutting at 1800 cals now. Never hungry and still making some gains. Not really tired, maybe im used to it but 2700 for maintenance? Jeez.

Whats everyones maintenance cals?

1800 at 177 lbs seems severally low.

I dont feel any negative effects quite honestly. In fact I feel as strong and energized as ever. Probably the best shape ive ever been in.

Also takig about 120-140 grams of protein a day.

Last edited:
Add jackthreads.com to the list of stuff too slim for us don't skip leg day bros. Joints fit like yoga pants. Perry Ellis slim pants however, are perfect

Had a terrible workout yesterday after a little bit of beer ponging the night before. Had to stop after doing half the sets of squats at a lighter load and half the sets of lunges. Do you guys typically try again the next day or just chalk it up as a loss and continue the normal routine?
Chalk it up to a bad day and continue the routine.

I don't try again the next day.

Happy international chest day brethren.  Got back from the doctors...stress fracture in my foot 
mean.gif
.  So GD frustrating.  Can't squat or dead lift.  I had a soccer game saturday and played through it (poolry) hurt sunday so i skipped my game sunday and went to the doctors.  I think i will try to give it another go this weekend if i can lay off it for the most part this week. Riding a bike for cardio and my routine will be chest, bis/tris, shoulders, back.  Just when everything was going so well too squatting 365 and deadlifting 405.  I feel like my legs are already going through atrophy 

^

Broke my foot earlier this year, I woudnt try any kind of running or sports. Thats gonna be worse for your fracture than DL or squatting. My foot is still broken 7 months later (low blood flow for a Jones fracture) but doc said I can squat or DL, just no running or basketball. I have a bone stimulator now to help aid recovery.

^

Broke my foot earlier this year, I woudnt try any kind of running or sports. Thats gonna be worse for your fracture than DL or squatting. My foot is still broken 7 months later (low blood flow for a Jones fracture) but doc said I can squat or DL, just no running or basketball. I have a bone stimulator now to help aid recovery.
Repped appreciate the insight man.  I didn't know what it was but it was progressively getting better last week little by little so i was like maybe il be ok.  I played a soccer game saturday and basically "all out sprinted" 1 time and i was in pain.  I was like this can't be good.  I hate doctors and never go but i kinda just wanted to know.  It was a non contact injury from my soccer game this past sunday.  I don't even remember when it happened i just know around the second half it was hurting then monday i couldn't even bend my foot without pain.

Thankfully im seated most of the day so i am off it for the most part all day. I figure light weight squats wont be too bad since i pushe through my midfoot/heel area and the fractrue is up toward my toes.  But it probably isn't "good" for it by any means.  I struggle at resting.  I don't know how to burn off all the energy i have from sitting at a desk all day without the gym.

chips and salsa/guac is my achilles heal..are there any "healthy" tortilla chip alternatives?  If there is, my body fat will drop at least 5% 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the strength. I don't have the stamina to match it. I drop below 9000 power rating in ten minutes.

But seriously, today was bad.. We did 3 rounds
18 calorie row
3 strict press
6 push press
9 push jerks

For time

I was the last to finish. I thought, 'ok, I'm last. But at least I'm done. Good workout today.'

Then the coach goes,

'ok, rest for 5 minutes. And now you're going to do the 3 rounds again but with a lighter weight.'

I wanted to kill him.

Last edited:
Had our 1st game of the season on Saturday, felt good to be back on the pitch. Got the W, forgot how that day after soreness felt :lol:

Stress fractures are crazy frustrating sometimes for certain people.

For me personally, I'd rather have an outright break because then you can point to some specific trauma as the reason.

But a stress fracture means that there's no specific reason, it's just the wear and tear of your normal activities. Meaning there's something you have to change about your activity or motor behavior or you'll have another stress fracture eventually after recovering. It's frustrating for some people sometimes to pinpoint what it is out of their working out that they have to change.

I know for some people, it's not really anything they're doing, but because of some structural misalignment. Grant Hill had 7 stress fractures on his ankle (I think it was seven) before they figured out that they had to align his hips (or his knees, I forget)

Good luck. And you can't be playing or doing squats or deads on that. It'll never heal that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom