STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Check out my boy's video. It's a bicep and triceps workout.

Last edited:
Anyone in here not use supplements? I've recently gotten back into the gym life and I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Not trying to get body builder ripped, just trying to get some definition. Not really trying to get on to supplements though. Saw a segment of dateline that turned me away from the stuff.
i dont. Don't worry about getting big, you won't because you need to eat like 9000 calories a day to become bodybuilder huge. You'll get definition if you go regularly and eat healthy.

Anyone in here not use supplements? I've recently gotten back into the gym life and I forgot how much I enjoyed it.
Not trying to get body builder ripped, just trying to get some definition. Not really trying to get on to supplements though. Saw a segment of dateline that turned me away from the stuff.
I feel most if not all supplement companies are comparable to Nike in many ways..

*Clever marketing/Ad campaigns are the crux of their business rather than quality products

*Feed you a bunch of technological jargon to fool you into believing they have actually researched and developed the product in depth

*Endorsed by top athletes -again, to trick you into believing the products actually work miracles

Michael Jordan wasn't the GOAT because he wore Nikes

Jay Cutler didn't win Mister O because he used Muscletech 

I'm not saying that supplements don't have their place, and certainly the basics such as Whey protein and Creatine can help you to achieve your goals, but the vast majority of the supplement industry is total BS.

I feel most if not all supplement companies are comparable to Nike in many ways..

*Clever marketing/Ad campaigns are the crux of their business rather than quality products
*Feed you a bunch of technological jargon to fool you into believing they have actually researched and developed the product in depth
*Endorsed by top athletes -again, to trick you into believing the products actually work miracles

Michael Jordan wasn't the GOAT because he wore Nikes
Jay Cutler didn't win Mister O because he used Muscletech 

I'm not saying that supplements don't have their place, and certainly the basics such as Whey protein and Creatine can help you to achieve your goals, but the vast majority of the supplement industry is total BS.

Agree with this, It is no co-incidence that the worst Pre-Workout I have taken is MusclePharm Assault, One that is plugged by Athletes all over (Ocho cinco, Quade Cooper etc.) :smh:

I havent used supplements in years. Been working out for 7 years consistently. I took weight gainer and protein shakes the first two years then I just stopped. All that stuff is just a mental illusion. I get compliments on my physique so it seems to not have affected me.

I stopped because I have no idea whats in that stuff. I just don't feel confident putting it in my body. Plus, it's mad expensive. It made it seem like I had to pay to be fit, when in reality the only thing you need to be fit is time, discipline and effort.

Last edited:
Agreed, cats biggest mistake is relying on some powders or pills to help. Honestly, just stay consistent eat right and alot (forever, not temporarily.) this is a lifestyle not a quick fix, and keep track of your progress, if you're consuming all the right foods,fruits,veggies and enough of them consistenly youll actually get everything these bunk supps claim to assist you with. Put good into your body, good comes out. Remember, nothing comes easy if you really want it work hard for it and you shall receive.
(plus taking all that junk makes you look old fast, along w other long term effects)

Agreed, cats biggest mistake is relying on some powders or pills to help. Honestly, just stay consistent eat right and alot (forever, not temporarily.) this is a lifestyle not a quick fix, and keep track of your progress, if you're consuming all the right foods,fruits,veggies and enough of them consistenly youll actually get everything these bunk supps claim to assist you with. Put good into your body, good comes out. Remember, nothing comes easy if you really want it work hard for it and you shall receive.
(plus taking all that junk makes you look old fast, along w other long term effects)
The answer is in the word itself "Supplement".. What is a supplement? Something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.. People make the mistake of turning a supplement into a primary source... That's the #1 reason people trip up when they get bit by the workout bug.. A supplement is just what it implies. 

The answer is in the word itself "Supplement".. What is a supplement? Something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.. People make the mistake of turning a supplement into a primary source... That's the #1 reason people trip up when they get bit by the workout bug.. A supplement is just what it implies. 

I still can't comprehend how some dudes be eating, literally tubs of this junk, which is most likely loaded with aspartame. :x

I still can't comprehend how some dudes be eating, literally tubs of this junk, which is most likely loaded with aspartame. :x

My buddy spends over $500 a month on supplements and protein shakes ALONE. I kicked the stuff years ago.

Last edited:
Suggestions for someone who hasn't worked out in 3-4 years, gained a lot of weight, haven't even tried to do a push up. Should the start be with cardio and weights or what?

Anybody here do yoga consistently?

So much hate on assault. Early last year before they revamped their whole product line and ad campaign, I honestly think they had the best pre-workout in the market. I bought some earlier this year and been using it this whole summer for my workouts and I still love the tingles.

Suggestions for someone who hasn't worked out in 3-4 years, gained a lot of weight, haven't even tried to do a push up. Should the start be with cardio and weights or what?

Speaking from experience, having lost about 55 lbs. (From 301 to 246) since October of 2011, I can't be more honest in telling you that weight training is going to be what gets you there.

Cardio IS important too, but what I found through my trainer and long time friend is that you do not need to do miles of running in order to lose weight. What you need to do is focus on making muscle gain meet fat loss in the middle. The thing that I found to be MORE important than all out cardio is making sure that your training sessions cover ALL muscle groups.

Since learning the proper techniques and methods of training, I notice time and time again that dudes head into the gym with one thing in their eyes....Looking BUFF! And they go about it all the wrong way...Randomly hitting bicep curls and bench press. All the while ignoring pertinent individual muscle groups like shoulders,LEGS, chest, etc. It's not enough to go in and say, "Ok...3 sets of bicep curls, 4 sets of bench, and then I'll hit abs and cardio." NO! Break that down.

For example, when doing chest; Do Four sets of incline dumbbell presses, followed by four sets of bench, supersetted with 4 sets of flat-bench dumbbell presses(sounds redundant, but slightly different isolation of the same muscle group) and finally, Four sets of cable flys.

Treat each muscle group like this and you will isolate those groups to the max, thus growing muscle mass while simultaneously burning maximum Calories.

As for your cardio...You want to do low impact, lengthier sessions so that you burn the most calories without straining your body. Overdoing it will only hurt your gains and deplete your desire to be fit. So, for cardio, do something like the stair master for 10 minutes to start. (Trust me, 10 minutes on that thing will be a challenge when just starting out!) But before you get "adjusted" to going for that period of time, push your body for another 5 minutes. I average 45-60 minutes on the stair master 2 days a week. And in the beginning of your journey, do a 10-15 minute session of HIIT training (google if you don't know) on your rest day from weights.

So, you DO need both. but more importantly is working out properly. And to give you an idea of muscle groups to work, I'd say your primary are going to be Arms (Biceps and Triceps), chest, shoulders, back, LEGS!

Which, one final point.....Do Legs HARD!!! Squats, Box Squats, lunges, Quad leg extensions, Hamstring curls.
For each of the muscle groups listed, look up what the various exercises are.

Oh yeah.....And EAT CLEAN!!!

^Exactly what the dude said above. Supplementation is exactly that.

A lot of people go wild with it. Protein shake in the morning, pop in a T-Booster or something (at the age of 18+ mind you), drink some creatine, get ready for the gym, drink a pre-workout, take an intra-workout to the gym, a post recovery after, and some more protein before sleep.

Totally destroying their body lol.

I do use supplements but very minimally. Protein, BCAA's, a multi-vitamin and a fish oil.

^

The "essentials" are just whey and vitamins. Fish oil could be argued to be in that group, and possibly casein.

Thats all I rock with, sometimes I think I need a pre-workout cause I feel burnt at the gym after half an hour or so, but ill live.

Dumbell bench press or Barbell bench press...anybody know if either one is better than the other?

Thanks, just want to know if I should do both on chest days or just one. I see alot of people do Barbell bench press more though in their workouts on the Misc.

dumbbell allows for a greater range of movement.

switch it up from BB to DB man.

Also I wouldnt do 2 flat bench press exercises.

May I recommend. Decline BB bench press, then incline DB flys, then flat BB bench press. That should be good for chest. If you wanna throw in one more you can do standing cable crossovers to hit dat cleavage again lol

Dumbell bench press or Barbell bench press...anybody know if either one is better than the other?
Thanks, just want to know if I should do both on chest days or just one. I see alot of people do Barbell bench press more though in their workouts on the Misc.

Which ever you feel hits your chest best. For me, it's dumbell presses because I can feel the stretch and I have more range of motion. It is a good a idea to do a mix of both, but you know what works best for you.

Last edited:
A month?? :smh:
what does he take? im curious

hes probably one of those dudes who takes 6+ shakes a day and doesnt know anything about proper nutrition

food>>>>>>whey protein

its fine to take 1-2 shakes a day but thats it.

take one right after you workout and your good, get the rest of your protein from solid foods.

Back
Top Bottom