STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How do you all get 10k steps in, I am thinking its impossible without a fitbit or apple watch. I rarely have my phone on me in the house.
this question confuses me.. Why would you need one of those watches in order to get 10k steps in?
just get up and move more. if you work at a computer get a standing desk or get up more.
go for walk breaks.
run.

I need some tips on increasing squat and deadlift. I feel like I have to be doing something wrong, I’m at 270 on bench press right now. There’s no reason my squat is only 45lbs more and I ain’t even gonna talk about my deadlift :lol: :smh:

Well, for starters, how often are you doing the lifts (frequency) and at what set/rep/weight scheme (volume & intensity) are you doing them at?

IME most problems with people not lifting 'enough', besides being too small or having their technique be too sloppy, is because the workouts they were doing weren't ideal for exhibiting maximal strength.
1609876571314.png

this question confuses me.. Why would you need one of those watches in order to get 10k steps in?
just get up and move more. if you work at a computer get a standing desk or get up more.
go for walk breaks.
run.
Let me rephrase, there is a difference between taking 10K steps and tracking them correct? I don't have my phone on me at home and don't intend to. I have it on my desk etc...

So I was asking those of you who do get 10K steps how do you TRACK them? .....IE... how many breaks does it take? 5 20 minute ones? I was basically asking what some of your rituals were to get there. I don't run, but point taken, I'll just have to take more walk breaks I suppose.

Let me rephrase, there is a difference between taking 10K steps and tracking them correct? I don't have my phone on me at home and don't intend to. I have it on my desk etc...

So I was asking those of you who do get 10K steps how do you TRACK them? .....IE... how many breaks does it take? 5 20 minute ones? I was basically asking what some of your rituals were to get there. I don't run, but point taken, I'll just have to take more walk breaks I suppose.

Should have just asked how to track 10k steps. :lol:

But seriously it can't be done accurately without a wearable device but you can get solid estimates if you're walking for cardio.

A mile is almost always going to be around 2K steps. If you have an hour in the day to go on a 3 mile walk that will get you 6K alone.

There are also calculators and estimates you can figure out based on your lifestyle and working conditions to get an idea of how active you are when you're just going about your day, but those are going to be the least accurate.

I need some tips on increasing squat and deadlift. I feel like I have to be doing something wrong, I’m at 270 on bench press right now. There’s no reason my squat is only 45lbs more and I ain’t even gonna talk about my deadlift :lol: :smh:
Hows your form?

You doing accessories or skipping out on them?

Ed coan program is fire and will get your DL up, but you gotta stay on the accessory lifts.

Well, for starters, how often are you doing the lifts (frequency) and at what set/rep/weight scheme (volume & intensity) are you doing them at?

IME most problems with people not lifting 'enough', besides being too small or having their technique be too sloppy, is because the workouts they were doing weren't ideal for exhibiting maximal strength.
1609876571314.png
Reading this, it makes more sense. I have an issue where I’m always trying to PR. I’ll have a plan but then as soon as I get warmed up, I’m trying to 1RM. Like yesterday I went to squat and did something like 135 to warm up, then 185 for 10, 225 for 5-6, 275 for 3-4 and then 315. Then if I can’t go any higher I’ll just drop the weight and rep out on something like 205. I need to plan better and stick to it!
Hows your form?

You doing accessories or skipping out on them?

Ed coan program is fire and will get your DL up, but you gotta stay on the accessory lifts.
As far as I can tell, my form is good. I normally don’t feel injured or anything like that. I def do accessory work throughout the week too. I just need to be more motivated to do these lifts and probably do them more than once a week. What’s this Ed Coan program you speak of 👀

Last edited:
I dont understand. Its 2021. there's an infinite amount of fitness apps. Fitness pages on IG Facebook and youtube. all accessible ln the phone you carry with you in the gym.. So why the **** is anyone under the age of 35 not doing correct form or near correct form on these machines. free weight stuff i decently understand when youre new to the gym. but the pictures are literally stickered on the equipment. Idk why it irks me so much to see that in the gym. But specifically the women. You takin 50 selfies in your gym fit...but you doing quarter rep tricep pushdowns with 10lbs and leaving. I gotta get out of PF...

Who cares
Reading this, it makes more sense. I have an issue where I’m always trying to PR. I’ll have a plan but then as soon as I get warmed up, I’m trying to 1RM. Like yesterday I went to squat and did something like 135 to warm up, then 185 for 10, 225 for 5-6, 275 for 3-4 and then 315. Then if I can’t go any higher I’ll just drop the weight and rep out on something like 205. I need to plan better and stick to it!

As far as I can tell, my form is good. I normally don’t feel injured or anything like that. I def do accessory week throughout the week too. I just need to be more motivated to do these lifts and probably do them more than once a week. What’s this Ed Cowan program you speak of 👀

Plug in your current max, then what you want it to be.

I dont understand. Its 2021. there's an infinite amount of fitness apps. Fitness pages on IG Facebook and youtube. all accessible ln the phone you carry with you in the gym.. So why the **** is anyone under the age of 35 not doing correct form or near correct form on these machines. free weight stuff i decently understand when youre new to the gym. but the pictures are literally stickered on the equipment. Idk why it irks me so much to see that in the gym. But specifically the women. You takin 50 selfies in your gym fit...but you doing quarter rep tricep pushdowns with 10lbs and leaving. I gotta get out of PF...
5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d.gif

I've never understood needing to watch others, paying attention to what others are doing while training in the gym. I'm not in the gym for them, I am in there for me. If they wanna take selfies and whatnot, good for them. I simply say excuse me, then move about my way. My motivation is internal, not external. This is not to say that someone looking for external motivation is wrong, I get that too, but that simply allows others to get in the way of what I am trying to do, which is to train, then leave the gym.

Have you heard the saying you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. People practicing incorrect form and being told in a construct way it is incorrect just don't want to listen. Also "correct" form might affect how much weight they can move, can't mess with the ego.

Been going to a chiropractor for a couple weeks now, think I might have to go under the knife again. Xrays appear to show a bone spur in my shoulder a nerve likes to drag across. SOB, pain is right along my front delt. No idea how or when this spur appeared but hurts like a ***** if I move my arm in the wrong position. Luckily it isn't torn rotator the doc said, hell I can careless about that been there and done that. More concerned with what caused it and how to prevent in the future.

I've never understood needing to watch others, paying attention to what others are doing while training in the gym. I'm not in the gym for them, I am in there for me. If they wanna take selfies and whatnot, good for them. I simply say excuse me, then move about my way. My motivation is internal, not external. This is not to say that someone looking for external motivation is wrong, I get that too, but that simply allows others to get in the way of what I am trying to do, which is to train, then leave the gym.
Put your blinders on and get to work unless they're hurting themselves and you genuinely want to help.

Back
Top Bottom