STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I've been looking up random HIIT workout vids on Youtube to do at home to keep me active as current weather here isn't exactly ideal for outdoor cardio lol.

Anyone recommend any specific ones? I've also been trying to lookup the quieter ones as I live on 3rd floor of a condo.

When i played ball in college my max squat was 525. I would never do that again lol
Now a days i never go heavier than 315.
speaking of i hit the gym today for the first time since thanksgiving and i nearly died.

Officially broke into the 500+ squat club.

I’m on a whole different mindset right now.

Never a moment's rest or peace. You all are always pushing me, always mocking me, always laughing at my failures.
1610526529904.png

Anybody got any tips for better wrist flexibility? My boy tried to get me to do cleans today and I have terrible wrist flexibility. I didn’t have any issue getting the weight up but he says that I was muscling it up and then I’d kinda just grab and hold it at the top. I also have trouble with front squats so I normally just cross my arms and squat like that.

Second thing, I have trouble driving through my legs when I bench press. I don’t think I fully understand how to do it on flat bench, no issues on incline though. For some reason when I start pushing a heavy rep, I actually lift my feet off the ground and then reset them before finally pushing through. I know it looks crazy as hell and is wrong but once I reset, it goes up a lot easier. My boy swears I probably got another 10-15 pounds on bench if I can just drive through properly.

Any advice for either?

i am going to treat my jump rope splitting in half as a sign of progress...glad it occurred during my final set :lol:

What happened to those Trump supporters that were in here? Somewhere doling out more bad advice I guess.

:lol:

My man getting it done.....

So apparently my form on deadlift was a little off. My boy who just got here, critiqued me and explained that I wasn’t dropping my hips or pulling my shoulders back. Once I fixed that, it felt much better coming up. Going for 405 by years end :smokin
It’s amazing what correct form will do for you! After a few working sets of 5x5 I felt good and decided to attempt 365 (PR). It went up pretty smooth. I felt like I could get more and hit 385 (PR) for 1.

Proper form, 2 PRs, not an ounce of pain in my back, life is good :smokin

Back
Top Bottom