STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What's the difference between these and $10 amazon joints?

thickness, comfort, and overall quality.

Stoic is probably the best bang for your buck but they have a center stitching in the back that makes in uncomfortable for me but a lot of people dont seem to mind it. SBD is probably the most comfortable for me

the benefit of being young.

its not just being young. Powerlifting has blown up the last several years especially because of social media.

there is now a bigger pool of competition so its natural for the bar to be higher now. A 405 squat now in powerlifting is seen as nothing.

also, the knowledge we have now for strength training is far more optimal than what we knew 10 years ago so powerlifters today can get stronger much quicker.

in another 10 years, im willing to bet a 500lb squat will be casual to a lot more powerlifters (esp in the lower weight classes)

look into knee sleeves. you dont go back.

SBD or Stoic knee sleeves.
Co-sign on Stoic. Bought a pair over the summer and have had 0 issues; cheaper than SBD and just as good imo.
What's the difference between these and $10 amazon joints?
SBD and Stoic knee sleeves are pretty robust at 7mm thick. Not sure the Amazon alternatives offer the same amount of support. I've never tried any other knee sleeves but figured I'd just buy a decent quality pair and have them last forever.

its not just being young. Powerlifting has blown up the last several years especially because of social media.

there is now a bigger pool of competition so its natural for the bar to be higher now. A 405 squat now in powerlifting is seen as nothing.

also, the knowledge we have now for strength training is far more optimal than what we knew 10 years ago so powerlifters today can get stronger much quicker.

in another 10 years, im willing to bet a 500lb squat will be casual to a lot more powerlifters (esp in the lower weight classes)
I see what you mean. Yeah, powerlifting did progressed with the knowledge and nutrition we HD back then. Can we also say that your average Joe's are bigger now compared to the prevalence of small lanky people back in the 80s and 90s? Also the emergence of fake weights for social media attention.

Co-sign on Stoic. Bought a pair over the summer and have had 0 issues; cheaper than SBD and just as good imo.

SBD and Stoic knee sleeves are pretty robust at 7mm thick. Not sure the Amazon alternatives offer the same amount of support. I've never tried any other knee sleeves but figured I'd just buy a decent quality pair and have them last forever.
Have to check those.

Been in the high 70's low 80's in San Antonio lately.

Screenshot_20230114-094801.png

Screenshot_20230114-094651.png

Screenshot_20230114-094712.png

Screenshot_20230114-094724.png

Screenshot_20230114-094923.png

That ball is begging to be put out of its misery. There are cheap outdoor balls at Walmart for like $10.

Edit - I'm not even trying to clown. I just HATE playing with torn up basketballs, lol.

Last edited:
I use rogue 3mm knee sleeves just to keep some heat in there. I like them.

I feel like powerlifting blew up when I started lifting, or maybe that’s just because that’s when I first got exposed to it, either way we now now you can be lean af and pulling monster dl.

5 plate dl never was impressive at my gym but I feel like once you’re at 5 plates you’re really lifting.

Same with a 4 plate squat, the time it took me to reach 4 vs 3 was crazy.

That ball is begging to be put out of its misery. There are cheap outdoor balls at Walmart for like $10.

Edit - I'm not even trying to clown. I just HATE playing with torn up basketballs, lol.
While I don't like playing worn/torn up basketballs, I could still shoot lights out with that kind.

I feel like powerlifting blew up when I started lifting, or maybe that’s just because that’s when I first got exposed to it, either way we now now you can be lean af and pulling monster dl.

5 plate dl never was impressive at my gym but I feel like once you’re at 5 plates you’re really lifting.

Bulk ain't everything. Just look at those guys juicing.

the increased availability of information in terms of diet, programming, what does & doesn’t work along w/ social media definitely has made things more visible & thus available to more people…

it makes sense that the standard(s) would increase

fell on my right elbow a few weeks ago, in addition to a nagging right quad thing & just when my right achilles calf was starting to feel good, and last weekend i pulled/strained my right hamstring doing sprints @ maybe 75-80% 🤣🤣🤣 my whole right side is 🗑️🚮 right now

On a hindsight, I did become larger once I added more plates(2x) that I normally do.

This ***** combo gd combo gd be putting in so much work.

Whatever level my guy training for I bet you it’s high enough to be using prograde equipment. :lol:

At a certain point you gotta upgrade ya tools.

When I was doing work everything single day, I trained with the very best equipment. Full stop.

thickness, comfort, and overall quality.

Stoic is probably the best bang for your buck but they have a center stitching in the back that makes in uncomfortable for me but a lot of people dont seem to mind it. SBD is probably the most comfortable for me

I like the 7mm SBD sleeves for squatting and maybe benching only. I don't find them to be comfortable at all.

If I change shoes for lifts of course I'm changing sleeves too.

Rehband makes 7mm sleeves that I used before I started squatting in SBD sleeves; I wear them for almost eveything else in the gym except cardio.

despite my ailing of basically the whole right side of the bod, deadlifted yesterday without the strained hamstring acting up…was focusing on trying to keep form consistent didn’t really feel anything too crazy

This ***** combo gd combo gd be putting in so much work.

Whatever level my guy training for I bet you it’s high enough to be using prograde equipment. :lol:

At a certain point you gotta upgrade ya tools.

When I was doing work everything single day, I trained with the very best equipment. Full stop.

I feel you.

Recently my training has had a Rocky IV feel... mixed with Kobe Bryant discipline... and Mike Tyson intention.

No frills, no gym, no partners... just the basic necessities, myself, and whatever outside provides.

I feel like this training makes things easier when I use better equipment, compete with others, and am in a gym.

I feel you.

Recently my training has had a Rocky IV feel... mixed with Kobe Bryant discipline... and Mike Tyson intention.

No frills, no gym, no partners... just the basic necessities, myself, and whatever outside provides.

I feel like this training makes things easier when I use better equipment, compete with others, and am in a gym.

No gym? But why Sway?
picard.png

I feel you.

I feel you on the no frills angle. I was just talking, it's just the coach me. :lol:

Maybe doesn't apply basketballs at all I have no idea, but in soccer pro grade match balls respond differently to high skilled technique.

Novices will struggle with them, whereas they give high level players more control and dexterity.

In the case of soccer at the elite youth and amateur levels and above it's just the standard, and you want to train with what you compete with.

But the work itself > any other factor always. I see you bro, you do work.

Back
Top Bottom