Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

putting more time in the gym.....didn't want to overspend time in there, but it does help with the results i want. i guess the S&T thread isn'tgoing anymore.

Originally Posted by wj4

Also, anyone else do burpees? I've been reading up and there's a debate about how many reps you can do. Some say that if you're exceeding 20 or so, you're not jumping high enough...should be kept short like HIIT. While some other prefer higher reps. All I know is that doing these things are killing me hardcore.

I also came across a method called 'prison burpees', where you do a set of 20, then 19, 18, 17, etc. Supposedly this is the prime exercise prisoners do to stay in shape.
Every time I do burpees, my calves go out first. You should be jumping as high as possible for each rep. I just prefer it that way.
When I go to India in December, I'm probably gonna be stuck to burpees and other bodyweight/plyo moves.

i thought alcohol didn't do much to affect test levels?

it definitely has negative effects on protein synthesis though

also guys

AOR04021%20Ortho%20Core%20med.jpg

these are the only multivitamins you should be taking. maybe other brands make equivalents, i dunno....but your regular multi is pretty much worthless

I've got to try those burpees.. in a few months I will revise my gym programme.

For those lifting for hypertrophy, 6x6 or 12,10,8,4, dropsets etc.. would you recommend it for someone building strength or just stick to a 4x10 or something.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

also guys

AOR04021%20Ortho%20Core%20med.jpg

these are the only multivitamins you should be taking. maybe other brands make equivalents, i dunno....but your regular multi is pretty much worthless

Why exactly?

my trainer has us begin with a set..do a set in the middle and finish with 3 sets of burpees every session.. THEY ARE A BEAST...

I lost 11lbs in 2weeks i went from 200 to 189 by just changing what i ate and doing the 5-6 meals a day. props to all the dudes in here dropping knowledge.
pimp.gif

No problem Mathilda
smokin.gif

On another note, I gettin back in the gym tomorrow after being off for a week. I've changed up my program too. I'm rolling with Frankie NY's MassBuilding Routine, keeping it nice and simple. My diet is looking good too, I'm hyped!

I've heard both sides. I've heard estrogen inhibits testosterone production. But then there's this: http://alcoholism.about.c...abuse/l/blacer030117.htm
I don't know how credible this is, but I'll just throw it out here: http://www.nowloss.com/wa...thout-using-steroids.htm
Maybe you should experiment with it if you want to find out.

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

I lost 11lbs in 2weeks i went from 200 to 189 by just changing what i ate and doing the 5-6 meals a day. props to all the dudes in here dropping knowledge.
pimp.gif
congrats.............now you gotta go buy new gear i know thats what im still doing
laugh.gif

We need to have an official post of all the basics on the first page or something. Otherwise, when people come in asking for info, they might miss out on someparts.

i mean im not suggesting pre-workout shots but i think the "alcohol inhibits test production" theory is largely exaggerated or untrue.

anyway

on all my lifts recently instead of pyramiding up like i normally do ive been trying a warmup set followed by my heaviest, then pyramiding down. not sure how ifeel about it, but i needed to mix it up.

i mean im not suggesting pre-workout shots but i think the "alcohol inhibits test production" theory is largely exaggerated or untrue.

anyway

on all my lifts recently instead of pyramiding up like i normally do ive been trying a warmup set followed by my heaviest, then pyramiding down. not sure how i feel about it, but i needed to mix it up.

I swtiched that that reverse pyramid type of lifting and i'll never go back to the standard pyramid set scheme. I LOVE it. You wont notice much of a sizeincrease, but youll certainly get stronger.

Also, what makes those vitamins better than the rest. To me, any one a day vitamin is more than enough for every person.

Originally Posted by Durden7

anyway

on all my lifts recently instead of pyramiding up like i normally do ive been trying a warmup set followed by my heaviest, then pyramiding down. not sure how i feel about it, but i needed to mix it up.

I swtiched that that reverse pyramid type of lifting and i'll never go back to the standard pyramid set scheme. I LOVE it. You wont notice much of a size increase, but youll certainly get stronger.

Also, what makes those vitamins better than the rest. To me, any one a day vitamin is more than enough for every person.
most multis are loaded with crazy high dv% because theyre all synthetic with piss-poor bioavailability and in random ratios to one another thatmakes absorbtion of certain ingredients even more difficult.

i could post up some research concerning why ortho-core is superior, i have a killer headache right now im about to take a nap but ill post it up tonight.

i think what turns most people off is the price, but youre getting a lot for your money.

as for the reverse pyramid yeah i feel like having my 4th or 5th set be the heaviest makes little to no sense.........any reasons/ideas as to why it doesnt addmass though?

Christ jesus, I just started HIIT today. This after not even bringing myself near any sort of running exercise since hitting the gym in june really made mefall flat on my face. I decided to do 30 sec. sprints with 90 sec intervals of walking in between. Needless to say, after my 5th set of sprints, I wascompletely done. It didn't help that my first 3 were accompanied by a strong opposing wind but still. I almost made myself look like a fool today, swear Iwas gonna have a heart attack. I think im gonna ease into this tomorrow
laugh.gif

BTW do you guys always do a warm-up jog for like 5 minutes or so? Because I didn't
embarassed.gif

anyway

I swtiched that that reverse pyramid type of lifting and i'll never go back to the standard pyramid set scheme. I LOVE it. You wont notice much of a size increase, but youll certainly get stronger.

most multis are loaded with crazy high dv% because theyre all synthetic with piss-poor bioavailability and in random, often in ratios to one another that makes absorbtion of certain ingredients even more difficult.

i could post up some research concerning why ortho-core is superior, i have a killer headache right now im about to take a nap but ill post it up tonight.

i think what turns most people off is the price, but youre getting a lot for your money.

as for the reverse pyramid yeah i feel like having my 4th or 5th set be the heaviest makes little to no sense.........any reasons/ideas as to why it doesnt add mass though?

Id be interested in reading some reserach on why certain multi's are better than others....

With any type of lifting program the first set is always the most important and every set after gets marginally less effective. I shouldnt say it doesnt addmass. Thats a blanket statement, and it actually depends on how youre setting up your set scheme. If it was 10,12,15 for example then it will put on moremass than say 6,8,10,12 (which is what i do). With my first set (6) it's essentially a strength rep with each set being less effective than the previouseven though its in a mass building rep range.

The hardest part is determing what weight youre going to start your sets with.

What are the nutrition facts on that
multi, cam?

I've messed around a little with inverted pyramid schemes, I just do whatever sometimes to try and mess with my body.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Christ jesus, I just started HIIT today. This after not even bringing myself near any sort of running exercise since hitting the gym in june really made me fall flat on my face. I decided to do 30 sec. sprints with 90 sec intervals of walking in between. Needless to say, after my 5th set of sprints, I was completely done. It didn't help that my first 3 were accompanied by a strong opposing wind but still. I almost made myself look like a fool today, swear I was gonna have a heart attack. I think im gonna ease into this tomorrow
laugh.gif

BTW do you guys always do a warm-up jog for like 5 minutes or so? Because I didn't
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
first time i did HIIT i think i did like 5 or 6 sets too and i wasmost def. done after that...but yeah always stretch and warm up for 5 min. or so...

Originally Posted by wj4

Also, anyone else do burpees? I've been reading up and there's a debate about how many reps you can do. Some say that if you're exceeding 20 or so, you're not jumping high enough...should be kept short like HIIT. While some other prefer higher reps. All I know is that doing these things are killing me hardcore.

I also came across a method called 'prison burpees', where you do a set of 20, then 19, 18, 17, etc. Supposedly this is the prime exercise prisoners do to stay in shape.

yep, i do burpees. instead of starting with 20 burpees and declining from there, i'd say start with at least 10 and progress from there. once u get used todoing them, you'll probably enjoy doing them. i'd say they're good to add in at the end of each round if you're doing bodyweight circuits.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Christ jesus, I just started HIIT today. This after not even bringing myself near any sort of running exercise since hitting the gym in june really made me fall flat on my face. I decided to do 30 sec. sprints with 90 sec intervals of walking in between. Needless to say, after my 5th set of sprints, I was completely done. It didn't help that my first 3 were accompanied by a strong opposing wind but still. I almost made myself look like a fool today, swear I was gonna have a heart attack. I think im gonna ease into this tomorrow
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif
of course...i get my second wind after jogging for 5-10 mins

anyway

most multis are loaded with crazy high dv% because theyre all synthetic with piss-poor bioavailability and in random, often in ratios to one another that makes absorbtion of certain ingredients even more difficult.

as for the reverse pyramid yeah i feel like having my 4th or 5th set be the heaviest makes little to no sense.........any reasons/ideas as to why it doesnt add mass though?

Id be interested in reading some reserach on why certain multi's are better than others....

With any type of lifting program the first set is always the most important and every set after gets marginally less effective. I shouldnt say it doesnt add mass. Thats a blanket statement, and it actually depends on how youre setting up your set scheme. If it was 10,12,15 for example then it will put on more mass than say 6,8,10,12 (which is what i do). With my first set (6) it's essentially a strength rep with each set being less effective than the previous even though its in a mass building rep range.

The hardest part is determing what weight youre going to start your sets with.

idk.

I don't hit my stride until the 3rd set and on most of the time.

The reverse pyramid makes sense if you're training until muscle fatigue but other than that it's prob. counter productive.

Anybody know anything about calorie shifting? I keep reading about it, mentioning it vaguely, but it never goes into enough detail with the exception of if youbuy it of course. By the way, this stuff is the truth. I assumed it would be nasty, but I actually like it better than both natural peanut butter and theprocessed Jiffy/Reese's type stuff. I'm about to go ahead and order a case
pb2_openedv2.png

Back
Top Bottom